• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libie

pizzazzical
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2008
    You have one level to wait, InMooseWeTrust, the game data says it evolves lvl.35. :)

(beaten, lol. Also, when you talk to Zapdos, its sprite changes to Articuno! lol Except that won't be a problems since all their locations are changing, right? Oh, and Roost doesn't seem to work... it has no effect. Not that I mind, it makes catching Zappy much easier :))

Love the game!

Last edited:

Libie

pizzazzical
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2008
    Despite that, it still took me 69 Ultra Balls when it had 3 HP and was paralysed xD He ran out of PPs and Struggled twice, but thankfully missed so he didn't kill himself :)

Oh, and there's something wrong with Reflect; it halves the damage of both physical and special-type moves for some reason :O

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    That's the part that won't change.

Maybe we need to add more balls like Timer Ball...

Oh yeah now i remember what i needed to say. Even though it was mentioned earlier the move Roost freaken SUCKS! It doesnt do anything. That needs to be fixed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Isn't it because the new D/P effects aren't implemented in Essentials?

I'd advise you to give Roost the effect of Recover for now (its function code is 20).

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Isn't it because the new D/P effects aren't implemented in Essentials?

I'd advise you to give Roost the effect of Recover for now (its function code is 20).

Thank you for the advice, Wichu, I'm gonna edit some move effects in the next Pokemon HOF releases.

Btw, I'm not gonna be very active in this week since I've gotta prepare for my college Freshman Semester and hopefully I'd have some freetime after this busy month. I'm still gonna keep an eye on the thread to answer some questions and discuss the issues with Pokemon HOF teammates but I wonder if I'll manage to get sufficient time to do the maps and extend the storyline. Thank you for your support on this game project and have a good time.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Ditto to me. I'm in marching band camp right now and then I have my senior year in high school. I'll keep coming to the thread but that'll be it for a while.

Meanwhile, enjoy how much of the game we have out so far. Don't expect the next Beta to come until around November.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    This game is Excellent! My only question is when do pokemon like Haunter and Kadabra evolve in this game? Thanks, Pogogo63

blaster911

reincarnation of matt
    Years
  • Hey I heard you want recolours for all pokemon I could do that in about a day
    can I work 4 yas If yess I'll throw together a page of them.
    just one question ? does it go to 3rd or 4th gen
    it takes less than a minute to make a recolour

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • They have to be 4th gen but the size should be 3rd gen. Either way, it shouldn't matter with recolors but we prefer 4th gen.

Within the next week or so show us a sheet of some Pokemon (20 or so). If we like them, you're in the team as a spriter. You don't have to come up with completely new ones; you can show us your previous work as long as they're in 3rd or 4th gen and the colors look okay.

And no, we don't want fusions or fakemon.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Hall of Famer is MIA at the moment. I'm guessing college is keeping him too busy to do anything else for a while.

Anyway, I'll pass the message along and continue to update this thread in his absence. There will be a big update on Labor Day. The next demo will be out sometime around Christmas break and it will have the whole bottom half of the Orange Islands done as well as a lot of old things redone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    The game looks very, very unpolished at the moment. I suggest that you resize the graphics again, because they are blurry and not very aesthetically pleasing. The DP HP boxes in the battle screens that you posted on the previous page are well implemented, but the opponent's box is floating off of the side of the game.

It seems to me as if you aren't really editing the game and presuming that we won't mind. Correct me if I am wrong, but I see no real substance in the game. There are some grammatical errors in the game as well: Pokémon has an acute accent over the 'e', which can be achieved by pressing Alt Gr and E, and in one of the screenshots in the first post, there is no question mark where there should be.

The script isn't particularly well written either. It seems blocky and in your face; the script needs to make you think, not tell you exactly what is going on.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • The game looks very, very unpolished at the moment. I suggest that you resize the graphics again, because they are blurry and not very aesthetically pleasing. The DP HP boxes in the battle screens that you posted on the previous page are well implemented, but the opponent's box is floating off of the side of the game.

It seems to me as if you aren't really editing the game and presuming that we won't mind. Correct me if I am wrong, but I see no real substance in the game. There are some grammatical errors in the game as well: Pokémon has an acute accent over the 'e', which can be achieved by pressing Alt Gr and E, and in one of the screenshots in the first post, there is no question mark where there should be.

The script isn't particularly well written either. It seems blocky and in your face; the script needs to make you think, not tell you exactly what is going on.

That's because most of my edits haven't been put in the demos yet. Hall of Famer has only released ONE demo since I started working with him.

I actually spent about three hours this morning just editing the dialogue. My next update is a week from today so you'll see some of that.

Grammar mistakes are a huge pet peeve of mine, and the maps that have been edited by me will have brand new dialogue, new in-game trades and items, and all kinds of other things. The tips will also be a lot more helpful and there will be less of them. Instead, there will be more active dialogue and more ways to interact with the NPC's.

As for the graphics, I won't even bother right now because next summer I will migrate to the Don Patch and other custom tiles I have accumulated. The interior tiles I'm not sure what I'll do with; I'll probably get our spriter to work on them or I could edit them myself.

OblivionMew is our spriter and he has already submitted some stuff for us that will be in future releases. He's currently working on more sprites.

I know it's unpolished. We all have to start somewhere. In the future expect to see a very well-thought out game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    I've just downloaded this game and it looks very good, but I've found a bug: I've chosen bulbasaur as starter and gary charmender, but when I've fought him between victory road and viridian city, he had squirtle. why?

Last edited:

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
  • i kinda got a problem i downloaded v1.2 and when i battle i dont see the attack animations also is there a way i can use a joy pad for this if not can you tell me wat the buttons are on a keyboard please and thank you in advance

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back