• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
  • So a word of advise to people playing this game- don't put it in Perspective View mode, because the script makes the priorities mess up.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    I have found a glitch:

If youlose to Olga the first time you battle her when you are suppose to go get transported to the pokemon center instead you get transported to a huge forest and you can't move

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • Username: Destrozone
    Sex: Male

Desired Position: All-around spriting
    Previous Experience:Have a sprite thread here, I can do icons, big sprites, trainers sprites, and I can do basic (Note that I said basic) Overworlds.
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: N/A

Describe Yourself: I am a blond, quiet guy with a subtle disposition. I have a high intelligence level (Taking AP Calculus, Biology, and Spanish in 8th grade), kind of an outsider in my community, but I still have some friends. I also come onto pokecommunity at random times, as I have school, competitive swimming practice/meets, and tennis tournaments. Otherwise, I have a knack for being incredibly strange at times, so don't be surprised if I say something that doesn't make any sense.

Heres another piece of my work, its not on my thread:

It was a test that InMooseWeTrust sent me to see if I would be worthy of joining, and here I am!

Sincerely:
    Des

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Username: Destrozone
    Sex: Male

Desired Position: All-around spriting
    Previous Experience:Have a sprite thread here, I can do icons, big sprites, trainers sprites, and I can do basic (Note that I said basic) Overworlds.
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: N/A

Describe Yourself: I am a blond, quiet guy with a subtle disposition. I have a high intelligence level (Taking AP Calculus, Biology, and Spanish in 8th grade), kind of an outsider in my community, but I still have some friends. I also come onto pokecommunity at random times, as I have school, competitive swimming practice/meets, and tennis tournaments. Otherwise, I have a knack for being incredibly strange at times, so don't be surprised if I say something that doesn't make any sense.

Heres another piece of my work, its not on my thread:

It was a test that InMooseWeTrust sent me to see if I would be worthy of joining, and here I am!

Sincerely:
    Des

Thank you for your application. I checked out your pixel art thread and you are really making some nice sprites. We are glad to have you as a member of Pokemon HOF team.:)

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • Thank you for your application. I checked out your pixel art thread and you are really making some nice sprites. We are glad to have you as a member of Pokemon HOF team.:)
    Hey, I've got an idea. do you have some scratch pokemon done? If so, can you sned me a first stage fire, water, and grass types to my PM box? I think I can make you a good userbar that is animated. If they are good ones, I can make one for you (Creator), the Team (Team) and one for fans (Supporter). The creator would go directly to you, the team one would go only to the team, and the fan one could go to the main thread. My banner looks terrible because I am not yet finished with the starters for my game, so don't use that as a reference point for what I can create.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Some more thoughts;

Olga was a tough battle >< But I won :D

Pidgey in Battle Sprite/OW/Whatever it's called seems to be off;

I'd say lower it on to the grass or use a different sprite :)

I found this sprite via Google and I'd say it looks better :)

From; https://pokejungle.net
    Has a frozen pose and an animation if you watch it :)
    Much better than the current one :)

Had more put down but switched pc's and kinda lost it.....lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    IMO, you shouldn't have to make the trainer defeat Gary to the west of Viridian to get him to move. After defeating Gary the first time, Ritchie, and Olga, your Pichu is only level 6, and Gary's Pokemon are both level 8. I almost lost to him after training to level 7. And I hate training with wild pokemon. You should make the fight optional or position him farther up so I can catch something other than Rattata and pidgey and battle some other trainers.

Make sure your events have commands to run if you lose a battle. I believe "Hall of Fame" said that he never loses, but you should still be prepared for that.

-If the encounter rates (meaning how often you run into wild pokemon) has changed from 1.2, please change it. I remember in 1.2 it was so frustrating running into geodudes in the that one cave to cerulean every 5 steps.

-You can walk over the top half of the TV sprite.
    -The bed sprite isn't solid.
    -The flowers look like they are dying. Why don't you use the ones that come with pokestarter?
    -The Red Trainer Sprite (your character) has some transparent parts.
    -The kids in the Viridian Pokemon center move too fast.
    -Also, I suggest the writing be changed in some ways. Making references to things in the real world makes it harder to become engrossed into the game. While the fan game development allows you to make more complex dialogue than is already present in the official games, like someone already said, the breaking of the fourth wall isn't very attractive - especially when this game is supposed to be a pokemon game that encompasses everything loved about the pokemon universe.
    -The exchanges between Mom and the main character and other characters are too long.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Hall of Famer, please add the following to the list of bugs.

-The Pokémon sprites are distorted, off-center, and out-of-proportion in most cases.
    -Do not play the game in perspective view because that will mess up the priorities of the maps.
    -There are errors with the mapping of Pallet Town
    -The Spearow in the house in Viridian doesn't have enough sprites
    -There are too many weather changes
    -NPC's walk over the ledges
    -The protagonist jumps too high off the ledges
    -Losing the first battle with Olga will make you teleport to a place where you can't walk
    -The encounter rate in caves is still too high
    -You can walk over the top half of the TV sprite
    -The bed sprite is walkable
    -The protagonist has some transparent parts in the sprites
    -The kids in the Viridian Pokémon Center move too fast

The other points made have been considered. If you don't like the encounter rate, that's what repels are for. The rates will be lower in future releases.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hey, I've got an idea. do you have some scratch pokemon done? If so, can you sned me a first stage fire, water, and grass types to my PM box? I think I can make you a good userbar that is animated. If they are good ones, I can make one for you (Creator), the Team (Team) and one for fans (Supporter). The creator would go directly to you, the team one would go only to the team, and the fan one could go to the main thread. My banner looks terrible because I am not yet finished with the starters for my game, so don't use that as a reference point for what I can create.

That sounds cool, but I don't think I can fit anything else in my sig, without it being too big

vivek_chat

Need a Mapper? Remember me!
    Years
  • Ive found a grammatical error too when Delia tell ash about turning the T.V off, one 'f' is missing from 'off'.
    Instead of writing 'off' its written 'of' :rambo:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    yea and I've noticed her name is spelled wrong its spelled like this,'Deliah' instead of like this,'Delia'

Also is this a little better:

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    its taking me a very long time to get passed the first gym leader, as I can't catch a water or grass type yet, all the Pokemon I'm able to catch before then aren't very good to use against Brock

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • Userbars released!

I have made 2 userbars today, one for supporters, one for the team, and here they both are:

Supporter:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

No, the image size limit counts the images you put in spoiler tags. I know this because I got an infraction for it.
    oh thats too bad. I will pay more attention next time!

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • I have made 2 userbars today, one for supporters, one for the team, and here they both are:

Supporter:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

It looks fairly nice. I'm already using the new banners and hopefully more and more supporters will have this banner in their signatures as well. Thank you for what you have done, man!

I go play the beta 1.3!!

Good luck with the game!

Thank you for the support, Victorspvl. I hope Pokemon Silver Chronicle is doing fine as well!;)

yea and I've noticed her name is spelled wrong its spelled like this,'Deliah' instead of like this,'Delia'

It looks a lot better now, good work!

Ive found a grammatical error too when Delia tell ash about turning the T.V off, one 'f' is missing from 'off'.
    Instead of writing 'off' its written 'of' :rambo:

I see, those are minor glitches that will be fixed in the next release. Thank you for pointing it out though, and have a great week!

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • its taking me a very long time to get passed the first gym leader, as I can't catch a water or grass type yet, all the Pokemon I'm able to catch before then aren't very good to use against Brock

Mankey...

I have made 2 userbars today, one for supporters, one for the team, and here they both are:

Supporter:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Why is the "E" in "Pokémon" not accented? This is important.

The mother's name can be spelled "Delia" or "Deliah." Similarly, the rival's name can be spelled "Richie" or "Ritchie." All four spellings are used in the American dub, so this is not a serious issue.

Your edit would work better if you recolored the whole thing and not just the glove. Right now the green sticks out too much because it's such a drastic change from the palette. You also saved it as a JPEG, which automatically renders any sprite unusable. Only save sprites as GIF or PNG.

This is all stuff people will help you with in Pixel Art, so this is why I keep telling you to post a thread there to practice.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back