• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
i just used the version 3 patch on a soul silver and nothing is translated? i put it in the folder and ran the program.

i'm just wondering if i missed something.

Years
If I use this new patch, can I use my old save and then it take effect dirrectly or I have to start a new game?

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
Years
Epic patch dude. I got youtube videos up of the 2.5c patch in action I'll have to make a new one for 3.
Thanks again. :]

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
I think one of the next things to work on is WiFi, I attempted 2.5c on Heart Gold with the Arm7, and it didn't freeze but it came up with a japanese message and exited the WiFi room. :(

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
Years
Gah. Hope 3.5 is out before I get my 3rd badge. It would be epiccc. xD
Anywho. How far is everyone? I'm on my way to union cave.
And does anyone have a Heartgold where you can see Ho-Oh in the "Press Start" Screen?
Minor bug. D:

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Gah. Hope 3.5 is out before I get my 3rd badge. It would be epiccc. xD
Anywho. How far is everyone? I'm on my way to union cave.
And does anyone have a Heartgold where you can see Ho-Oh in the "Press Start" Screen?
Minor bug. D:
Unfortunately no$ can't play the new version it just black screens after clicking continue. Also my rom on my M3 just starts anew so I'm slightly annoyed.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2009
Thanks Magius! Works like a charm for v3!

One thing I noticed is that v3 no longer anti-pirates the rom? Not sure what ndstool.exe is for, but I had it patch.bat over the previously anti-piracy patched rom instead. =)

Edit: Please get your rom patched with the best anti-piracy patch for your hardware beforhand. - For clarity, by Magius 1st post

Last edited:
Years
i just used the version 3 patch on a soul silver and nothing is translated? i put it in the folder and ran the program.

i'm just wondering if i missed something.

Yeah, me too! =S I don't know what is happening if someone could help me....

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Okay I've managed to load my HG Arm7 save on no$ and my previous SS no$ save on no$. However neither will load those saves on my M3, as on the M3

kacqn

???
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2015
I pacthed it but it`s still in jap I got it forom Romluation (or how you spelll it)

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
Very cool, does anyone have a link for the security patch? Is there a way to apply the secuirty patch using the old patcher? Really need help man.

I don't like the fact that you removed the ability to patch the security thing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
So far great work. Battles are a lot less painful since I can actually read the moves and know all battle effects.

I don't know if this will be useful for the translation but GameFAQs has the complete script of Crystal Version. If you are not gonna copy and paste the Crystal text, maybe just use it as a reference?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
If I use this new patch, can I use my old save and then it take effect dirrectly or I have to start a new game?

You can use your old save as long as the name of the file is the same as the rom.

Now, can someone tell me how to put the security patch on this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
How do I add the security patch to the translation? Do I have to use a clean rom?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
how do you get msg.narc from a heart gold rom? i hav thenewpoketext and nds tool but in just creates an empty folder. also if you tell me, i will start translating some overworld dialougue text but use your patch as a base. i'll copy some text from crystal
but translate most of it.

copy a/0/2/7 to msgdata/msg.narc after you load the nds file, then start editing. remember to put the file back before rebuilding.

also, minor update to 3a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back