• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver - Level Debate

Do you think the Levels will change?

• Yes

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    All I can say is, GameFreak better have gotten some sense knocked into them!

Years
  • I can confirm that the levels won't change, we've seen by all the trainers and stuff that the Pokemon levels have been the same, so don't get your hopes up. Maybe an Elite Four rematch will happen, but that's probably as far as it goes.

Thank you all knowing Eggie who apparently works for Nintendo of Japan.

Seriously though, Apostrophe is right. In G/S/C every trainer up to Goldenrod was fine, but after that, and all the way to Blain, their levels only increased by about 15, what's that about?! Ooh, the 15th gym has pokemon of the same level as the 8th gym. I call major shenanigans.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    I can confirm that the levels won't change, we've seen by all the trainers and stuff that the Pokemon levels have been the same, so don't get your hopes up. Maybe an Elite Four rematch will happen, but that's probably as far as it goes.

I'm not too sure about that. I haven't heard anything about seeing the same levels in the remakes as in the original games. The only level I recall seeing, other than the wi-fi matches, was Lugia and it was at level 45. It was originally at level 40 in the original games. Considering that, I think that it's possible that they'll give some trainers and Gym Leaders a five or so level increase too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    I don't think the trainers or gym leaders but the Elite Four like what they did in FR/LG.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I think it won't be a problem if the levels go up, as long as there is a vs seeker/ similar item this team so theres a possible way to train and level up, but from some screenies the levels hav gone up, but by 2 or 4

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Look at sinnoh when you go to the battle zone there are trainers with lv 50 pokemon and the gym leader levels were fine...............XD XP

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I can confirm that the levels won't change, we've seen by all the trainers and stuff that the Pokemon levels have been the same, so don't get your hopes up. Maybe an Elite Four rematch will happen, but that's probably as far as it goes.

That was only a demo though, it could be different.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    And note that in the demo, all the trainers had different pokemon to the originals. I sense changes afoot.

Slowking

Live By The Creed
    Years
  • I hope the levels are higher then they used to be in gold/ silver/ crystal so it's more of a challenge, and the final trainer (red) should definetly be more stronger

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • That was only a demo though, it could be different.

No, it won't be different like a month away from box shipping >.> The Pokemon following you walks on the spot when he was behind you, we all thought it would be just in early beta stages, but lookie now, like a few weeks before release it's STILL THERE!!! WAH-LA!

Quite a bold claim. Let's see you source it.

Hiroshi didn't you watch the demo clips and other videos with battle vs. trainers? The trainers have the same level Pokemon that they did before, and I would expect most of the others to be the same too. Lugia & Ho-Oh are level 45, as opposed to level 40, which is a small change but it doesn't mean they will up all the other gym leaders. You gotta understand one thing: Nintendo doesn't learn from their mistakes.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Do I want the levels to change? Yes.

Do I think the levels will change? No.

jakeandhissuperdogsam!!

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • The Kanto Gyms were kinda hard, but still at low levels. The only reason they were hard was because the wild Pokemon were so weak that you couldn't train properly. They should seriously raise the levels, but for some reason I don't think they will :'(

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, I really want them to, but I have a strong feeling they wont, but Hopefully back then the VS. Seeker wasn't invented, so this time it might be different, and also they might Level up the Elite Four after you visit Kanto.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i would hope so. mostly all of the gym leaders [or battles in general] were way too easy. and i don't like when a gym leader doesn't have the full evolution of a pokemon [cough cough bugsy].

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    i would hope so. mostly all of the gym leaders [or battles in general] were way too easy. and i don't like when a gym leader doesn't have the full evolution of a pokemon [cough cough bugsy].
    Fighting a Beedrill+Butterfree+Scyther, or even only 1 of the 1st gen bugs and Scyther (I hope for you that you don't count Scizor in your statement) would be insane for someone who started with Chikorita, regardless of the Pokemons he caught and trained (seriously, till Azalya? that's nothing).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Fighting a Beedrill+Butterfree+Scyther, or even only 1 of the 1st gen bugs and Scyther (I hope for you that you don't count Scizor in your statement) would be insane for someone who started with Chikorita, regardless of the Pokemons he caught and trained (seriously, till Azalya? that's nothing).

The person can always pick up a Flying type Pokemon Like Spearow or Pidgey to sweep them Bug type Pokemon

:t354:TG

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    And there's Geodude and Onix, and a Phanphy with Rollout for Silver players, all that do 4x damage to Butterfree and Scyther.

Back