• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon HG/SS Soundtrack Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    That actually makes no sense because you have to sign up to see the links. I signed up 3 days ago, but still didn't receive a confirmation mail.
    Could you post the actual links (instrumental & classis) to the file itself?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Whats your favourite music piece in HG/SS?

Whats your favourite music piece in HG/SS?... Whats the worst music piece?

My fav would have to be........ The champion music and the worst would have to be the kanto wild pokemon music.... its horrid!​

blue

gucci
    Years
    I Like All Of Them But My Favourite(s) Are, New Bark Town, Kanto Trainer Battle, Kanto Gym Battle, Johto Gym Battle, Dragons Den, Team Rocket Hideout & Routes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 22.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    i must say at the minute goldenrods music has me hooked but my faves are the kanto gym battle wild battle and trainer battle musics

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    There are a number of themes that I really like from HG/SS, but one in particular that I really like would be the one in National Park. I think it just really fits the location well. The same would go for New Bark Town, too.

Naturally, the Rival themes are awesome; I find myself looking forward to the battles I have with him whenever I get to certain key locations in the game.

There is one I don't really like, though; Ecrutek's seems really weird; especially when you listen to it and Cainwood's back-to-back.

Years
    I'd have to say your Rival's battle theme and the Gym Leader battle theme. They're both vibrant and catchy, rather jaunty and I never get tired of hearing them when I'm battling any of these characters.

Place wise my two favourites would be Ecruteak and National Park. I love Ecruteak for its instruments and the fact that it differentiates that much more with Cianwood, it gives off the vibe of ancient Japan and this does seem to be its centric point. The music for National Park is so calming and serene, something I see emulated the very same way in HeartGold/SoulSilver, it really hasn't lost its touch to me.

A lot of the soundtrack actually appeals to me and I haven't much to complain about, but if I had one theme in particular in mind that I liked the least, it would be the Kanto Gym Leader battle theme, it doesn't hold the same sort of variety as the past variations, at some point in HG/SS's remix of the theme the vibe of the music gets lighter, and that's the sort of thing I've always hated with tracks that appeared to be fierce and fast-pacing.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The only one I really like is the rival battle theme. I'm not too partial to any of the others at the moment. It'll just take some time to get used to them all.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    A lot of them are decent, but I really like the Route 1 and Viridian Forest tracks. I can't wait til I actually get there in the game!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I haven't listened to all of them, only ones that I'm interested in, but as of now I'm enjoying the Kanto Gym Leader, Champion, and rival theme.

Can't say if they're better than the original, but they're growing on me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah. I just fell in love with the Kanto Trainer Battle Theme. It sounds even better than FRLG's rendition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back