• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon HG/SS Soundtrack Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Could ya possibly rip the rival battle music? (And rival encounter music if possible)? Wow it feels really weird requesting something in my own thread :p

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Oh my god, I just listened to the new Goldenrod City theme. Greatest sound to ever come from a Pokemon game.

Years
    I JUST DIED! Oh my, this music is truly phenominal. Best Pokemon music to date.

I cried listening to Red's theme. It is the most epic and awesome song I have ever hear!

HG/SS Will Be The Best Games Ever =D

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I love these songs. Suicune song is the best song.

*Dies several times*

Now lets hope that the game is a better remake than FR/LG.....

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Viridian Forest theme! **** yeah! Such an awesome theme. Loved the Rocket encounter music too. And the Slowpoke Well/Ice Path theme. I am so learning the National Park theme on piano. I'm going to spending hours there just for that music.

Safari Zone? There's a Safari Zone in the game? Awesome.

Nostalgia is kicking in. I feel like a small child again.

Just listened to the Kanto themes andthe ending credits theme. This will be the best game ever made. Ever.

As a musician, it makes me realise how talented the musicians at Nintendo really are. They should consider forming a band together. This soundtrack is like Nintendo's version of Sgt Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band. It's that good.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Rival encounter theme is amazing. I'm still going through the songs, though. Ho-oh's theme is pretty good, too. Though the Frontier Brain theme sounds pretty...Sinnoh-ish.

Edit; Lugia's theme owns Ho-oh's. Sorry, birdie. Suicune's still scares the crap out of me.

Edit again; I just fell in love with my Silver's theme.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I downloaded the full OST and... it's really fun to see how I prefer the GBC side of the soundtrack XD
    From the new side, I like the encounter themes (specially Rival and Eusine) and the new Rocket Hideout + Radio Tower themes. Oh, and the shop theme XD It's great.

The Goldenrod/Game Corner themes are disappointing, though :\

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    I downloaded the full OST and... it's really fun to see how I prefer the GBC side of the soundtrack XD
    From the new side, I like the encounter themes (specially Rival and Eusine) and the new Rocket Hideout + Radio Tower themes. Oh, and the shop theme XD It's great.

The Goldenrod/Game Corner themes are disappointing, though :\
    I agree on the Game Corner music. It has 2 other versions on the radio stations and those are better, but I still prefer the original to any of them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    I got hold of the soundtract today, although I don't really intend to play the game until it's out in English. I'm picky like that.

It's sounding really good, and I like how they inject some variation in genre to bring the tracks out of their 8-Bit heritage; but I'm not sure I completely buy into what they did to Ecruteak. The shamisen and the altered melody changed what I liked about the track.

On the flipside, Dark Cave and Lucky Number Show are AWESOME. They've dione a lot to Dragon's Den to make it sound menacing and not just... discordant.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    Well, their exist 2 remixes of Ecruteak, the first actually used in Ecruteak, the second one used in blackthorn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back