• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
  • It came from the fact that I wanted Gym battles to be more challenging, and the only feasible way to do it was to give the Gym leaders dual types. 7 out of the 8 Gym Leaders have two types of Pokemon, usually types that counteract one each others weaknesses.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Yeah, that's the general idea. For instance another Gym leader has Rock/Grass Pokemon so if somebody trees to just use a water Pokemon to take out each of the Gym Leader's Pokemon, they'll get KO'd by the Grass Pokemon. The same will happen if somebody thinks a fire Pokemon will get them the badge they need, they'll get slaughtered by the Rock Pokemon. It makes people evenly train different types of Pokemon.

Deoxys_Lover

Voodoo Master
    Years
  • The pictures in the begining can you put this as a trainer

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Sorry, but I've got a spriter already that's creating the trainer sprites, and I prefer sprites from scratch rather than edits.

Here's a couple of screens showing the new male hero that Avatar made:

rpgdude

Wobbuffet = GOD!
    Years
  • This game is something I am goin to get, in fact if I don't get it I will scream my eyes off its that good!

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I know nothing about Game Dev., and you'll never catch me in any other thread in Game Dev., but I think the Gym Leader dual types is a good idea =3 It's a cakewalk with the official games 'cause I just train them up and take them out with brute force anyway, being a lazy n00b xD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Ooh, Kylie I'm so flattered that you posted in my thread XD

Thanks for the comments guys, I haven't had too much time to work on the game lately as I've been tied up in other projects but I'll do my best to keep progress moving along.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
    Years
  • Look really nice, just out of curiosity: how far is the CBS(If you are creating one on your own)

Also, what kind of systems will there be in the game, don't know if you already posted that though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Bonjour! I am back in the states!

Anyway, the sprite looks kickass. Good job Avatar!

PS: APRIL FOOL'S! :D

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
  • Phoenix316 said:
    Sorry, but I've got a spriter already that's creating the trainer sprites, and I prefer sprites from scratch rather than edits.

Here's a couple of screens showing the new male hero that Avatar made:

Screenies are not very good
    APRIL FOOL'S!
    they are great! very good work phoenix!

Years
  • Very nice mapping, I like it.
    Although I think you should extend the brick tiles just one more tile to the right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back