• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Jade Conference

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
  • Hello all! For the past three months I have been working on this Pok?mon game by myself, and now I think it's time I share it with you all on PC. As of yet, I still don't have a demo, because I'm not happy with my progress (i.e. no battle system, menu, etc.). Since I have been doing this alone, I am not "up to speed"
    with where I would like to be. So if you all are interested in contributing in anyway possible, I would very much appreciate it!

Story:
    As a young boy, living on a small island outside of the region of Eaki, you have dreamed of being a Pok?mon Trainer. Living on a prosperous farm inside of the town, you have grown up with Pok?mon your entire life, but still have never left town. One day news of a gargantuan meteor crashing into Northern Eaki reaches your town, and the three greatest Professors, --Elm, Oak, and Birch--arrive to discuss whether or not to investigate it.

Finally the day arrives to get your first Pok?mon, but when you head to the lab, Prof. Elm gives you terrible news. Professor Elm had been planning a surprise for you and had each of the Professors bring one of their Pok?mon from their regions for you to pick from. While they were occupied the night before, two of them were stolen by thieves in black suits. Only one is left to pick from.

Professor Elm has you take that Pok?mon and asks you to search around the Island finding the Pok?mon Capers. Once you have defeated the thieves, you bring the Pok?mon back to the lab, and you are finally able to choose one...Your journey as a Pok?mon Trainer can now begin...

I'll post some screens for you all to look at.

BTW: All of my resources come from- Avatar or RM2k3kid (I have used so many resources from here, that I can't remember whose they are. So if I used your chipsets/charsets please let me know so I can give credit where due).

AbareMax

Years
  • Thanks for the compliments. Nope, I have no clue how to use RMXP. I'm just using regular old RM2K3... :D

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    BTW: All of my resources come from- Avatar or RM2k3kid
    You can check the old resource thread and his forums for tilesets.

AbareMax

Years
  • Thanks for the compliments guys! If any of you are good at spriting, I could definitely use the help. I'll post my main character below. I would really appreciate it if someone could make a charset out of him, just like the other charsets (i.e. surfing, fishing, bike, running). Of course I will give credit.

AbareMax

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I can't see any pics of your main character.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Looks good so far! One improvement you could make is at the top left corner on the 4th screen, if you just added something to fill in the empty space.

AbareMax

Years
  • Sorry about the picture. I uploaded it....WOW! I can't believe it. I have admired your work for a long, long, long time phoenix316. These compliments coming from you mean a lot to me. I appreciate it very much!

Here are some more screens. By next Friday, I hope to have ripped all 386 Pokemon cries... in case anybody is interested. Of course give me credit ;)

AbareMax

AbareMax

Years
  • I don't mean to double post, but I have taken the liberty to post the names of the towns.

1. Harmony Town
    2. Porto Verde
    3. Middlebrook Town
    4. Bass Town
    5. Tanbush City
    6. Whitefog City
    7. Blue Port
    8. Rosebridge Town
    9. Allergando City
    10. Forte Island
    11. Crescendo Bay
    12. Soprano City
    13. Sbarrano Jungle
    14. Viola Bay
    15. La Folia City (Elite 4)

Whew! That's a long list. Again, I say if anyone is interested in helping me at all with chipsets, charsets, title screens, coding, graphics in general...etc. Anything at all would be appreciated. Of course, experience is necessary.

AbareMax

BTW Post Comments please!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Wow(Shows extreme interest in this project) I could help with Mapping, if you would like me too. I'm not always online, but, I work every day. Umm, Also, before I put my self somewhere, I'd like to know some "Special" things about this game. What makes this game unique. (Special features, pokemon, etc...)

AbareMax

Years
  • Umm....This will be hard to do without revealing the game too much...

BTW the story takes place between the breakup of TR in Kanto and the rise of TR in Johto.

Jade Conference takes place in the Region of Eaki, which is located southeast of Hoenn (about 500 miles). Team Rocket, has found this region and is trying to rebuild their crumbling organization. A giant meteor crashed in the northern part of the region, which is believed to contain at least 5 new Pok?mon.

Features:
    -Normal Pok?mon Battle system
    -Caterpillar System (switch out Pok?mon in first slot)
    -Game is based around Deoxys and of course will include 50-60 new Pok?mon and 40-50 previous generation Pok?mon (possibly including 4th generation)
    -Team Rocket

I seriously can't do this game by myself as I have stated. If anyone can sprite that above hero (Sosuke) for me into a charset, I would much appreciate it. Of course, I would give credit.

AbareMax

PS. Kyledove: I would appreciate it very much if you could help with the overworld sprites, including the main heroes....I'll post the female hero shortly.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Nice screens and plot! I'm glad that someone's using my frlg charset.

AbareMax

Years
  • Thanks for the compliments, guys! I'm currently mapping more of Eaki, and working out events, and such. If anyone could help me make a title screen, I would be most greatful. Please let me know, and we can work out the details...

I'll post some more screens friday, along with the Pok?mon cries...;)

AbareMax

Years
  • Thanks a bunch there santadidit102, I really appreciate it.

Also anyone else who wants to help with coding, is welcome to it. I welcome any help at all, such as spriters (which I am desperately in need of).

AbareMax

BTW the screen is in the begining part of the game at the Professors Conference.

santadidit102

GFX Artist
    Years
  • OK,i got a suggestion...
    after the Intro
    (when you choose your gender name etc.)
    you should have a tinted screen
    that shows the player exactly what happens during the conference...
    or you should do this after the professor tells you!

AbareMax

Years
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still trying to work on the female character's sprite. If anyone wants to help with that, I'll indeed take help.

I also need help with the foot prints for the snow and sand. If anyone could help me with those, I would appreciate it greatly.

AbareMax

Back