• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Killed?

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
Years
  • I know! I mean, an Arbok getting sliced in half, to magmars getting frozen and then chomped, that Safari Zone chapter with the Victreebells draining the mice and birds of their life force, and many more, the manga takes the cake.

woohoo!! Go manga! Go manga! Go manga! Go manga!

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Indeed!
    Interestingly enough, what about those mice and birds in the sarfari zone? xD Are they just... mice and birds, or other pokemon? You think maybe normal animals survive with pokemon in the manga? :3

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Indeed!
    Interestingly enough, what about those mice and birds in the sarfari zone? xD Are they just... mice and birds, or other pokemon? You think maybe normal animals survive with pokemon in the manga? :3

That got me questioning too...
    it's almost like one time in the anime, there were fish instead of water pokemon......

LOL.
    Yeah, but eating other pokemon does show violence.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Of course. xD The wild pokemon can't be eatin' that wimpy PokeChow stuff!
    Maybe the mice and stuff are like... like feeder mice, you know? They only exist in the pokemon universe to feed other pokemon? xD;

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Indeed!

I know!!! That totally got me thinking, too!! I mean, there isn't really any mention of real animals in the pokemon world except for what they resemble;ex.,"Growlithe, Puppy Pokemon"

pkmaster

PkmnMaster
    Years
  • i dont see why they dont make teen pokemon games and (E) pokemon games
    teen completly of the manga and (E) wat it is now......

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • i dont see why they dont make teen pokemon games and (E) pokemon games
    teen completly of the manga and (E) wat it is now......
    That would certainly become a interseting twist in the future. If it happens.

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Lol. People have me wondering now... where do people in pokemon get their meat?

Tauros and Miltank >:D

ahh lol friend-eaters XD

Years
  • Right...

Yeah, the closest thing we usually have to dead pokemon being mentioned is Pokemon Tower.

Okay, I admit, I only liked that chapter because of the zombies. Dawn of the Dead meets Pokemon. That was pretty sweet.

That's fun. World War Z FTW!!! I mean the concept of Gastly possessing people is quite a nice concept which is revisited for a chapter in GSC. Poke'Zombies FTW!!!

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
  • Mmm, fried Torchic sounds good xD.

But I also think the manga is much better than the anime. Violence shows that its just as risky as it would be in real life, instead of making it seem like you could just be like "Oh, I can't die cause I'm a pokemon! I'm going to throw myself in front of Dialga using Roar of Time now!"

But what is the difference between Adventures and Special?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Adventures and Special are the same thing. It's called Pokemon Special in Japan and Pokemon Adventures elsewhere. No difference in the two.

Back