• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid

How d oyou think I'm progressing on this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm new to RPG games on this forum. How do you play these games? Do you attach an IPS patch?

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • No that would be rom hacking, to play this game in particular you need to have RPG Maker 2003 installed on your computer. Do not ask for a link however as it is illigal.

Yah, what Dash said. Actually, all you need is the RM3K3 RTP, but you won't find a download ere cause its illegal, but you can google it, or just buy it, omg!lol

Anyways, I'm trying to make a running sprite for the custom character thats in this game, but it's not going to well. eventually I'll get it, but it'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out with this. Not necessarily make the running sprites themselves, but if anyones ever done this before and could help, again appreciated.

I'm getting back into this and I'm gonna start working on this at school. I'm taking a java class right now, but we don't do a lot in there. Our teacher gives us a chapter of a book, explains and helps us with it, then we do the worksheet and were done for a couple of weeks. I'm in there an hour and ten minutes each day, so i could get some progress done.

Anyways, I Know I'm going to need people to help on resources, but I need to get deep into the project again until I can post specific stuff.

Suggestions are welcome, in fact, I want suggestions from you. After all, I'm not making the game for just myself, It's for you to enjoy. I've been thinking about the 3d map system, but I don't think its gonna happen. It'd be relatively easy, but I don't have the resources for it. If I have time I'll try to figure out how to do it,but I think it'll be too time consuming to do it by myself.

Also, It'd be great if somebody could make a map of the region on this game from the map included in the resources. It's called world map and its under pictures. I'll post it up here, but it'd be great if somebody could map it in RM2K3 with the map tileset or just a picture file. Mucho credit will be given.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Hey, sounds like your java class is very laid back lol. Anyway since you wanted the hero with the running 'pose', I decided to make all the 'poses' except the pokeball one since I didn't have it on hand at the time. Took about 20min to do all of them, oh btw I fixed the left/right walk animations for the male.

Pokemon Liquid

Original sprite by Kyledove.

I haven't got the female 'poses' yet, might be a while since I'm very busy now. Well hope all goes well mate. Cya.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • Hey, sounds like your java class is very laid back lol. Anyway since you wanted the hero with the running 'pose', I decided to make all the 'poses' except the pokeball one since I didn't have it on hand at the time. Took about 20min to do all of them, oh btw I fixed the left/right walk animations for the male.

Pokemon Liquid

Original sprite by Kyledove.

I haven't got the female 'poses' yet, might be a while since I'm very busy now. Well hope all goes well mate. Cya.

Yah, it's verylaid back. Most of the time we just find proxies t oget around the schools firewalls.lol

Anyways thanks for the poses. Did you do the myourself, cause they look great, which wouldn't suprise me at all.

Well, I'm going to work on the game all night tonight so wish me luck.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Yes that's correct, I did them myself. Well keep up the work and I'm sure you'll have something great to show us.

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    I can't catch a pokemon in the begging.Change that in the next demo with prof giving you the pokemon.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • I can't catch a pokemon in the begging.Change that in the next demo with prof giving you the pokemon.

One of the things that makes this game different is the fact you don't just get a pokemon, you have to get it yourself. I think I'll change it a little, but the park idea will stay. If you go a couple pages back, I explain briefly the mechanics of the first battle. Thanks for the suggestion though.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • The safari style version of the battle system was a big failure by me.. With a little work a better catch formula would solve the problems everyone is having. But until then I suggest everyone who hasn't played it or feels like playing it to hold back and wait for a new release from PokeCreator or if you so really want to play the old demo look a few pages back to the solution for catching a Pokémon. Maybe this..

Although I do agree with PokeCreator about having to catch the Pokemon and not simply get given it without 'working' for it. Another reason why I had you catch your first pokemon was to set it apart from the current GB/GBA games, I wanted to keep it original.

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    This is awsome after you run away from the group your friend joins you turn to the FR trainer and you can enter the cave again.But if you do that running seen and go back the game freezes.There arer two friends when you first meet him.Your game freezes when you enter the pokemon center near Darka woods.Whats up with the Dessert timne guy?Other than those glitches this is awsome.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Ignore the 'Desert Time' guy, that was an easy way for me to test out an early version of a map I ended up scrapping. I think I left a whole bunch of test stuff in the demo, like the battle test in black hawk town.

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    I can't save.I have to restart every time.I've saved on other games though.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • well, I have a lot of fifteen year old friends that have jobs but thats off-topic.lol.

anyways, I've fixed all of those glitches except for the pokemon center one, I forgot about it. and the desert time thing int a glitch, its more like a test event for the footstep event. I don't think it's the game that's making you not able to save cause mine works just fine. It might've downloaded wrong, other than that I dont know.

I'm going to release some more screen shots this week and I hope yall think the games been improves when I release the next demo.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
    Years
  • Yes please do this game hasnt had a seriuos update in awhile, i cant wait for it to come out, hopefully, by the end of this week? Well continue, this game and please post some screenies soon please, also keep updating, hopfully this game will turn out great.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a week, but I've been busy. It's spring break for me this week, and I've worked on the game only a little bit. I plan to work all day tomorrow for my lack of work put in this week.

Okay, here's what I'm working on.
    1. Reflections. I'm trying to use photoshop and figure out a way to make the tiles that look like hes staring at the water, then make that into an npc type event at the water, since you cant script in RM2K3 (darn RMXP for introducing scripts)
    2. Battle System: I'm trying to get one battle to work. I've only started on it, but I hope I can get it to work tomorrow. I think if I can set up 1 or 2, I can make a common event that I can just plug-in variables to when you battle someone else. I think it's safe to say though, it'll probably be like RBY, battle everyone once for all of the demos, then when I put my finishing touches on, I'll add repeat battlers.
    3. Resources: I'm trying to gather resources and make them myself and everything and it's time consuming. Most projects have a programmer, mapper, spriter/resource maker, etc. I only have me, myself, and I. RM2K3KID took away most of the mapping top be done, and he's helped me out a lot with resources and I really appreciate it, but I need HELP!!!

Also, I'm starting a Nintendo DS Homebrew game. I researched all day today online and went to a site named PAlib.info, and found it's relatively easy, it uses C++ which from what I see is really similar to Java, which I'm learning. Anyways, the point of that was to say once I've finished this game, hopefully middle of summer, I might make a version for the Nintendo DS, which would be able to be played on a legal emulator for those who dont have a ds or flash cart. I never said I will port it for DS, I said I might, so if I can't or decide not to, don't say I promised or anything! It really all depends on how a couple of small projects go that'll determine if I want to step up to the challenge. Reflection will be easier though.lol

Anyways, I will put some screens up tomorrow. Some of what I've got of the reflection and maybe some I've got of the battle I mentioned above. I plan for my first route to have a few D/P pokemon in it so I might use one of them for testing.

Again, I really need help, I can't do it on my own

Edit: Okay, I stumbled apon a problem, well sort of a problem. I started coding a common event to have random battles in the grass at route four. So, I copied over what RM2K3Kid did with the DNP so it would save some time, but I've went and edited it to meet that of a regular battle. My question is:

I need suggestions for the enemy stats formulas. In the gb ghames, they used alot of formulas that included the pokemons unique id to calculate its attack, hp, speed, etc. from its level. I could do this in RMXP very easily, but I'm thinking if I did all this an event, the event would lag. What should I do?

Edit2: It just donned on me when I was looking in my maps, why don't I put a mail system in? I mean there's always been these mailboxes since RBY, yet, there's no use for them. We've had poke'mail, but it didn't udse the mail boxes at the street. So anyways, I went looking around at projects and saw that Pokemon Titanium is either having one, or the mailbox in the town just says 1 letter. Either way, I think this will be one of those features that's just an add on so I might put it in if I have time, but the most important thing right now is the CBS, which is a pain in the butt.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back