• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga into an Anime?

ACCloud

Master of Aura
Years
  • Hi all,
    this topic is mainly just out of curiosity. Anywayz, I was just wondering, who would like to see the Pokemon Manga series made into an anime?

I wholeheartedly believe it deserves too, especially since it is just so much better than the current Pokemon anime series. It has a great storyline (rather than the current "Hey guys, its a Pokemon let's go help it do something boring!" or "Hey guys, it's the rarest Pokemon in existence...well, bye!", good, interesting chracters who aren't complete idiots (like Ash)as well as some very good art direction.

But anywayz,
    what's your opinion?

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I don't think the Manga should be turned into an anime. It would tarnish the entire series, to be quite honest. I believe it is fine the way it is.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • I would be nice to see a refreshing new plot, and I do enjoy the DP manga every now and then, so yes.Plus alot of manga get made into anime, so it may happen, or atleast I hope.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I certainly hope so...the only thing I hope doesn't happen is that 4Kids get a hold of it...then we'll have Red and Blue sounding like a mouse, and Silver sounding like a fat guy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    The manga was always much, much better than the anime. Just like ACCloud said... the feeling is mutual.

If anyone's ever heard "Pokemon in a Nutshell"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dV9RuhS1ko I firmly recommend listening to it... it's very true... and funny.

Pokemon Adventures (or special) always made much more sense, was much more accurate to the game, hardly broke the game-rules, and delivered a much more diverse and exciting story... whereas the bulk of the anime was always "Oh a weak plot! Oh no it's Team Rocket! Good! We Defeated them! Weak plot resolved!"

Too bad they never did.

Ironically enough, too bad they never added the Orange Islands into the games... and some other cool ideas raised by the anime... ah well... it sucks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    I certainly hope so...the only thing I hope doesn't happen is that 4Kids get a hold of it...then we'll have Red and Blue sounding like a mouse, and Silver sounding like a fat guy.

And Gold talking like a "surferdude", going around and shouting, "HANG TEN!", and Crys would have a fake British accent.

Years
  • Yes. It should.
    Nothing extra is bad.

In my honest opinion it should run arcs after being complete in the Manga form. While that would mean that it would go slow, I believe that having "fillers" would be truly cool. I mean, look. Pokedex's of the characters are quite large in terms of Pokemon caught and met, while other things also stay unshown in the manga. So, I think that an Anime could show it all, with fillers and everything. Plus that would mean more Pokemon Special.

Oh yes, would be GREAT.
    But it won't happen.

Galbinus

Speeds.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    Goodness, I would love for that to happen, though the prospect is close to impossible. :/

(omg, what would they make Ruby sound like? D8)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Goodness, I would love for that to happen, though the prospect is close to impossible. :/

(omg, what would they make Ruby sound like? D8)

Impossible is right. I really wish for an anime version of pokemon special in general ever since I discovered it since it is the longest pokemon manga there is and it has the most characters and stuff like that. But if they intended to make a manga out of it they would have already years ago since the original thing that happens for all mangas turned anime is that an anime version is only a few volumes apart from the current manga that is being released. Furthermore pokemon special came first than the anime since ash was inspired from red. Plus if I understand correctly, satoshi tajiri had no hand in the creation of pokemon special right? He just approved it and inspired it.

Years
  • Impossible is right. I really wish for an anime version of pokemon special in general ever since I discovered it since it is the longest pokemon manga there is and it has the most characters and stuff like that. But if they intended to make a manga out of it they would have already years ago since the original thing that happens for all mangas turned anime is that an anime version is only a few volumes apart from the current manga that is being released. Furthermore pokemon special came first than the anime since ash was inspired from red. Plus if I understand correctly, satoshi tajiri had no hand in the creation of pokemon special right? He just approved it and inspired it.
    Yeah, but Pokémon Get da ze was featured in the anime, during the episode candid camerupt. Even if it was a short, the same could happen for special.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    I would love for it to become an anime. The problem, however, is that there are many characters that cross over; I mean to say, a lot of the characters in the manga have close counterparts in the anime. They'd have the same names, close to the same look, but no continuity with each other. It'd be a bit too confusing for the kids and casual viewers.No kids cartoon exec would risk that sort of thing, I think.

Now, if they made a Bioware style RPG for x-box 360...that'd be pretty fantastic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    *randomthought* Mahou Sensei Negima! has three different TV shows. How come Pokemon can't have two?

(I still don't think it will, though.)

If they're going to animate it, it would probably be in OVA form, and it probably wouldn't ever be dubbed.

GeneralSkarr

Golden Member
    Years
  • If someone else gets a hold of the liscene to create the conversion, then by all means I'd watch it. I think everyone is quite accurate in their disgust for the current anime (if you wanna call it anime). It's a children's show aimed at the little ones. We the older folk gotta buy comics untill our wish comes through. But for goodness sake...someone kill ash. Even the original voice actors are gone!

Donna

~
    Years
  • *Points gun at Ash* ..*Shoots* another problem solved..

Ooh I'd love to see an anime version of Pokemon Special. They must keep the original storyline.. Then it probably never comes to the U.S. so 4Kids can't get their dirty hands on it. (Because it'll be much too violent for the kiddies in America). Or they will cut every single violent scene. What makes that left? Hmm an episode of 3 maybe 4? =D

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Wow, regrading to the previous post- Yes, it should be boring and only 6 minutes... followed by lawsuits. (*laughs*).

*uses nuclear bomb at Red* Red is gone, we have no problems left. *launches bomb*

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • If someone else gets a hold of the liscene to create the conversion, then by all means I'd watch it. I think everyone is quite accurate in their disgust for the current anime (if you wanna call it anime). It's a children's show aimed at the little ones. We the older folk gotta buy comics untill our wish comes through. But for goodness sake...someone kill ash. Even the original voice actors are gone!

Great! Somebody else feels the same way about Ash! Now, all we need is to hire a few dozen henchmen, build a secret lair on a deserted island, and plot our scheme to rid the world of the most annoying anime character ever.....

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • I would totally watch a Pokespecial show.
    So would I, But I'm afaid about what 4kids is going to do to it if they get their anime-ruining hands on it. *shudders*

Great! Somebody else feels the same way about Ash! Now, all we need is to hire a few dozen henchmen, build a secret lair on a deserted island, and plot our scheme to rid the world of the most annoying anime character ever.....

I want In.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'm with TurtleKing on this. Chances are, the anime will poorly depict the series and ruin it :<

Though I am somewhat torn, since you can never have too much PokéSpecial.

Back