• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Mega Power (Completed Beta 5.71 Released)

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Excellent hack, love the sprites, love the animations, love the megas. It progresses nicely and you get your mega evolutions pretty early in the game, it's good that you don't have to wait one minute before the game ends to use them. The story is also slightly different compared to other hacks. There are many dialogue errors but it's not the end of the world.
    This hack is really good.
    I think that implementing the newer moves (Hurricane for example), something that was done in other hacks, and maybe correcting the abilities of the mega-evolutions would make this game the best hacked rom to date.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Sorry for the double post, but I just finished beta 3 and I want to add some comments:

1. There are some game-breaking bugs. For example, in 7th badge town, when going to the temples of the 3 legendary dogs, on the 3rd temple where you see kasper, attempting to talk to him or to the girl crashes the game. I tried progressing around it and returning later and it still crashes the game. I skipped it entirely (I am surprised the game allowed me to continute) and just left them there. (BUG)
    2. The story is bugged, as you are aware. I am not sure how I received my ID card, and I really don't understand anything of that event. It's very bugged. (BUG)
    3. When you dive, in 90% of the underwater grass you will be able to capture a mega pokemon (don't remember which) that doesn't know any attacks.(BUG)
    4. After earning the 8th badge, when you go to (or fly to) the town that sells all the TMs, you get an event that some professor wants to see your pokedex and teleports you to Amala's lab (but nothing happens there) (BUG)
    5. Adding moves up to the 5th gen would benefit this game very much. It would, in my opinion, make it the best hack ever created. This is important because some mega's are acting different than what they should act. For example Mega Pidgeot has a very known strategy: it has the No-Guard ability so it can't miss and it has Hurricane which is the strongest flying type attack. However in this game the No-Guard ability doesn't exist and Hurricane doesn't exist, so people have to use that pokemon VERY differently than intended. If you can get around it, the game will be truly outstanding... (BUG/SUGGESTION)
    6. Many wild pokemon are missing from this game, there isn't a big variety of different pokemons to capture. The level of the wild pokemon is also low compared to the progression of the game... I think it needs work. (SUGGESTION)
    7. I didn't encounter any wild legendaries pokemon, not sure if intended or my fault, but it's minor in my opinion.
    8. I was unable to encounter any pokemon when I tried to fish, also with different rods, but again, it could be my fault
    9. When trying to use the berry blender the game turns black (BUG)

Now for those of you who consider playing this hack, this is why you should play it:
    1. Has all mega-evolutions.
    2. Has a unique story that isn't linear and is influenced by the player's choices.
    3. Some pokemon can learn their breed moves by leveling up, so you don't have to breed.
    4. All TMs are available in shops, and an easy access to move learner/deleter.
    5. Easy access to most hold items.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    So game breaking bug. I don't what caused this, but whenever I try to leave the PC it tells me No, I shouldn't do this. You know what I mean and sends me back to the PC.

im pretty sure you put the mega stone in the pc ...... just take it out , that is clearly not a bug .........

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    im pretty sure you put the mega stone in the pc ...... just take it out , that is clearly not a bug .........

I reverted my mega back to normal so no mega stone. But if it still counts as it having one even putting my reverted pokemon back into the party it still wouldn't allow me to walk away from the pc. That is a bug. Whether or not that can be fixed idk, but if not it should be put on the list of bugs.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    You need to fix the grammatical errors and run-on sentances, this was what killed Victory Fire for me when I played it. At times I could hardly understand what was being said because of it.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • This hack is stupidly, stupidly grindy. I'm only to just after the 4th gym and I'm already up to 43 hours of playtime (with fast forwarding) and 90% of that was spent grinding so as to not get my head handed to me against gym leaders and rivals (that Mega Aggron was a pretty dick move. Thank god for Endeavor. This hack is the first time I've ever needed to use that cheap attack. Now for more grinding to beat Wind... sigh). The wild pokemon need to have their levels boosted by at least 7 to 9 levels everywhere, or maybe program Match Call to start happening right from the start (I almost said "put the Vs. Seeker back in" but then I remembered this isn't an FR/LG hack, oops). Level 25-27 pokemon being the strongest wild things you can fight when the trainers around them are level 45+ really sucks (the gen 2 games and their remakes had the same problem). The cheap buyable Lucky Eggs only mitigate it so much.

I don't mind difficulty in games if it can be countered by strategic playing. But this is casual Pokemon. When all my dudes are getting OHKO'd because I didn't grind enough, that's not fun when grinding is my only recourse to actually have any sort of chance at winning. Or Endeavor spam. Which while funny, isn't very fun either.

Also, it's kind of mean to have regular Pokeballs unbuyable until like 5 towns into the game. Ultra Balls aren't very economic for the early game. I sold all the random junk my Bunnelby picked up during my mad grind fests (which was a lot of junk) to fuel my "capture as soon as you encounter it" OCD and I still ran out of money. Maybe you could implement a gen 4+ system where shops get more advanced inventories as you gain badges.

I guess both my complaints are that this game has some bad balancing issues. I get that you're supposed to use Mega Stones to give yourself an edge but I'm not using any pokemon that have a Mega Evolution.

I'm also echoing everyone else's complaints about grammar and sentences spilling out of the text boxes. And this is a dumb personal complaint but after like 15 text boxes of story my brain shuts off and I start skimming rather than paying attention. The script could use a bit of trimming for redundant explanations and things IMO.

Edit so it doesn't sound like I only have complaints about this hack: I always enjoy seeing the physical/special split in older generation hacks and it's nice to to able to use gen 6 pokemon since I don't have a 3DS. And I like having MooMoo Milk and Lemonade being buyable early since I never buy Potions and Super Potions because they're a ripoff since you can buy almost 3 Fresh Waters for the cost of 1 Super Potion for the same amount of healing.

Also the male trainer sprite looks very similar to Akira from DemiKids Light/Dark, though I'm 100% sure that's unintentional because like 5 people played DemiKids ever.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    This hack is stupidly, stupidly grindy. I'm only to just after the 4th gym and I'm already up to 43 hours of playtime (with fast forwarding) and 90% of that was spent grinding so as to not get my head handed to me against gym leaders and rivals (that Mega Aggron was a pretty dick move. Thank god for Endeavor. This hack is the first time I've ever needed to use that cheap attack. Now for more grinding to beat Wind... sigh). The wild pokemon need to have their levels boosted by at least 7 to 9 levels everywhere, or maybe program Match Call to start happening right from the start (I almost said "put the Vs. Seeker back in" but then I remembered this isn't an FR/LG hack, oops). Level 25-27 pokemon being the strongest wild things you can fight when the trainers around them are level 45+ really sucks (the gen 2 games and their remakes had the same problem). The cheap buyable Lucky Eggs only mitigate it so much.

I don't mind difficulty in games if it can be countered by strategic playing. But this is casual Pokemon. When all my dudes are getting OHKO'd because I didn't grind enough, that's not fun when grinding is my only recourse to actually have any sort of chance at winning. Or Endeavor spam. Which while funny, isn't very fun either.

Also, it's kind of mean to have regular Pokeballs unbuyable until like 5 towns into the game. Ultra Balls aren't very economic for the early game. I sold all the random junk my Bunnelby picked up during my mad grind fests (which was a lot of junk) to fuel my "capture as soon as you encounter it" OCD and I still ran out of money. Maybe you could implement a gen 4+ system where shops get more advanced inventories as you gain badges.

I guess both my complaints are that this game has some bad balancing issues. I get that you're supposed to use Mega Stones to give yourself an edge but I'm not using any pokemon that have a Mega Evolution.

I'm also echoing everyone else's complaints about grammar and sentences spilling out of the text boxes. And this is a dumb personal complaint but after like 15 text boxes of story my brain shuts off and I start skimming rather than paying attention. The script could use a bit of trimming for redundant explanations and things IMO.

Edit so it doesn't sound like I only have complaints about this hack: I always enjoy seeing the physical/special split in older generation hacks and it's nice to to able to use gen 6 pokemon since I don't have a 3DS. And I like having MooMoo Milk and Lemonade being buyable early since I never buy Potions and Super Potions because they're a ripoff since you can buy almost 3 Fresh Waters for the cost of 1 Super Potion for the same amount of healing.

Also the male trainer sprite looks very similar to Akira from DemiKids Light/Dark, though I'm 100% sure that's unintentional because like 5 people played DemiKids ever.
    While the game does start out as difficult, I've literally beat it with just Mega-Pidgeot, who isn't even as strong as he is on the original games. The gym battles are indeed rough at the beginning, and you have very little cash, but once you get a mega evolution and have access to all the moves your pokemon can learn (which happens somewhat early) the game gets easier.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2016
    I really like the game but there is a problem with the game. When I talk to the person in front of me the game hangs,can you fix it

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    I reverted my mega back to normal so no mega stone. But if it still counts as it having one even putting my reverted pokemon back into the party it still wouldn't allow me to walk away from the pc. That is a bug. Whether or not that can be fixed idk, but if not it should be put on the list of bugs.

oh sr , what mega did you use ?

that has never happened to me ... :p

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2018
    what to do after the court after the shady take them where should i go ????

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • Hi. I'm playing nuzlocke challenges. Do you think is it playable for me? I mean, if it is too difficult to beat Elite Four with Nuzlocke, I'll stay away lol.
    Btw your game looks great. I wish you luck to finish it %100.

edit comes after playing 1 hour: I didn't like the game. Too complicated, difficult and a nonsensical storyline. Sorry but non-playable to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2018
    why cant you add all pokemons all generations.If i am not mistaken this is your 3 rd hack and so far all of them has some of the new pokemons.Come on man add to catch them all such great work and you work fast then at least make one hack that has EVERYTHING.Catch exp is also to be included in my opinion

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    ^ its just my opinion but i find that unnecessary

some pokemons are just ... well ... worthless in my eyes

i dont want to be rude but ... i dont like what i dont like...

then again , its just my opinion

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Where I go after the battle at the tribunal? I miss the dialogue, now I'm lost...

Back