• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Thanks man

And I completed the Rhoads S.I. quest, defeated Mewtwo, but still can't enter the great pyramid??

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    I talked to the Guy near the Colosseum.
    He says to search on Mt. Sax and I have been through the whole area a few times and I still can't find him.
    Also reached the top where a statue talks about Isle of Nevarone.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2018
    hey alex are u talking about the gen 6 update that u r going to post tomorroe
    I have my fingers crossed
    If u r then post the link please

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I talked to the Guy near the Colosseum.
    He says to search on Mt. Sax and I have been through the whole area a few times and I still can't find him.
    Also reached the top where a statue talks about Isle of Nevarone.
    Well, crap....
    Spoiler:

hey alex are u talking about the gen 6 update that u r going to post tomorroe
    I have my fingers crossed
    If u r then post the link please
    That's the one. The link will be in OP.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What's OP
    Original Post. The first post in the thread. Any good game developer will keep the first post of their thread up to date, so you should always check that first if you want to know something.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Okay, here it finally is. Big update time:

- Added 6th Generation!;
    - Added IV/EV & Hidden power screen!;
    - 7 new TMs (Dark Pulse included);
    - Added the move relearner and move tutors (including one in the 1st Town, making the beginning with Misdreavus easier);
    - Added Mega Lati@s;
    - More quests;
    - More useful NPCs;
    - Finally finished Sea of Bodom quest;
    - Updated old sprites;
    - Fixed a lot of bugs;
    - Updated map.

So yeah, generation 6 is finally in this game. All Pokemon up to Zygarde can be found and caught! The Fairy-type is, of course, included. I've also updated old (and created new) trainers to contain 6th gen Pokemon.

Apart from that, I've finally finished the Sea of Bodom quest! Have fun with that one :) I must say, I couldn't create it as I've imagined it, but it's better than nothing.

There are now nurses on long routes so the player doesn't have to run to the PC every one in a while. There aren't a lot of them, though. It just wouldn't make a lot of sense to have nurses on tops of large mountains or somewhere in the middle of the ocean. There are none in the Victory Road, either.

The EV/IV screen has been included in the game, as well. It wasn't that hard to make, thanks to the numerous tutorials here. Thanks to everyone who participated in making them.

And finally, new TMs, more quests, more trainers, move relearner, move tutors, and much more. Hope you guys have fun :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Metal ver.2
    Script 'BitmapCache' line 393: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Titles/gen6_bg
    OK

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Pokemon Metal ver.2
    Script 'BitmapCache' line 393: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Titles/gen6_bg
    OK
    Well, that is disappointing. As I tested the game, I never ran it via Game.exe, instead I ran it over the RPG Maker (Which skips the titles), so I never noticed them missing.

Download the graphics here, put them in the Graphics/Titles folder (Skip the ones that are already there). I'll update the actual download link to include the graphics tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2018
    Where is fennekin
    You have added it right

Why isn't the game STARTING
    it shows an error

How to put the graphics in the folder

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2018
    The actual link which is going to include the graphics
    When and where are you going to post it
    I really want to play the game with all gens

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    can u post the pokeom location guide.... ???
    You mean a guide of the location of every Pokemon? I don't have such a document, sorry. I could tell you where to find the legendaries, though.

The actual link which is going to include the graphics
    When and where are you going to post it
    I really want to play the game with all gens
    There, there, the link is up. Just download this newest version from the original post and play.

Does this work on android
    Sadly, no, sorry. This is just for Windows.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2018
    Hey alex when i am starting the game it shows an error about the gen 6 title
    Why

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2018
    Alex i downloaded the game on the date you posted the big update including gen 6 but when i start the game it shows an error about the title
    You replied to a person that you will update the actual download link including the graphics tomorrow to fix the title error so have you done that

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Does my save file work on the new version?
    Yes, it'll work, don't worry. You won't have to start over.

Alex i downloaded the game on the date you posted the big update including gen 6 but when i start the game it shows an error about the title
    You replied to a person that you will update the actual download link including the graphics tomorrow to fix the title error so have you done that
    Yes, I have, this morning. Everything works now.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    Okay, here it finally is. Big update time:

- Added 6th Generation!;
    - Added IV/EV & Hidden power screen!;
    - 7 new TMs (Dark Pulse included);
    - Added the move relearner and move tutors (including one in the 1st Town, making the beginning with Misdreavus easier);
    - Added Mega Lati@s;
    - More quests;
    - More useful NPCs;

- Finally finished Sea of Bodom quest;
    - Updated old sprites;
    - Fixed a lot of bugs;
    - Updated map.

So yeah, generation 6 is finally in this game. All Pokemon up to Zygarde can be found and caught! The Fairy-type is, of course, included. I've also updated old (and created new) trainers to contain 6th gen Pokemon.

Apart from that, I've finally finished the Sea of Bodom quest! Have fun with that one :) I must say, I couldn't create it as I've imagined it, but it's better than nothing.

There are now nurses on long routes so the player doesn't have to run to the PC every one in a while. There aren't a lot of them, though. It just wouldn't make a lot of sense to have nurses on tops of large mountains or somewhere in the middle of the ocean. There are none in the Victory Road, either.

The EV/IV screen has been included in the game, as well. It wasn't that hard to make, thanks to the numerous tutorials here. Thanks to everyone who participated in making them.

And finally, new TMs, more quests, more trainers, move relearner, move tutors, and much more. Hope you guys have fun :)

Hrm, aside from Ralts being route 21 (yuck), would you recommend a new run? I just got strength in my current one. Are there many early-game difference? Especially in quests? Because I haven't done a single quest yet. They all seem to be 'come back much later in the game' kind of things.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Hrm, aside from Ralts being route 21 (yuck), would you recommend a new run? I just got strength in my current one. Are there many early-game difference? Especially in quests? Because I haven't done a single quest yet. They all seem to be 'come back much later in the game' kind of things.

Well, no, there aren't many differences in the beginning of the game. Just a few move tutors, some trainers and wild gen 6 Pokemon. Since the postgame makes you go to pretty much every place in the game, you won't miss out on anything. Good luck :)

Also, to anyone who's playing this new version: I am pretty sure there are no bugs that make the game crash, but, just to be save, please save often. If anything bad happens, I apologize for the inconveniences in advance. Please notify me, and I'll fix it and update the fixed version immediately. Thank you, and have fun playing the game :)

Back