• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Metallic Silver

What do you think of this game?

• Great

Votes: 119 59.5%
  • Good

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • Ok

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024

Looks Great ;)
    As for an Update, I'm going to be busy for a while so no demo for a while. Sorry...

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Alright everybody, I need some opinions. I recently released a tileset for RMXP full of Kyledove's Tiles. Now here's the question:

Would you like Metallic Silver to use the default FR/LG (Currently being used) Tiles or Kyledove's Tiles?

Also, I have just updated MS to Poccil's newest release of the Starter Kit and expect a new demo in 2-3 Weeks. I promise Gameplay will be over 1 or more hours ;)

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I think we should stick to the original tilesets we were using. Most of the game takes place in the Orange Islands, they aren't really that tropical is the thing.

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Demo 2.2 Preview 3 Released!

Download Here

This Version Contains a Finished Bag System, PokeMart System, PC System, PokeCenter System, Trainercard System, Menu System, PokeDex System, PokeGear System and more! All thanks to Poccil of course ;) The only difference is that this version contains 3 bug fixes and some additional features such as Reflecting Water and Real Time Day/Night. Random Weather may be in 2.2, but I'm not sure if I want o add it yet. Anyway, Peace.

It also fixes an issue with the release last night. Don't expect any more releases for a few weeks ;) Please post your comments :)

Last edited:

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Yeah we planned on the 4 orange islands gym leaders, right? Assuming ill work on those sprites. =D

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    she looks cool. kinda like a detective\
    trenchcoats are so cool!

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    There was a bug in the last version, but I have fixed it using a temporary method. The download link has been the same ever since the first release so if you re-download it everything will work perfectly ;)

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Hello.

I'm trying your game - it is entertaining!

Just a few bugs:
    • if you white out and scurry home between the grass and Valencia and leave the house, your mom gives your PokeGear again.
    • When you are given the Pokeballs from the aid, the item is given in separate messages rather than just one.
    • Professor's aid gives Pokeballs again, so I've now 10 rather than 5.
    • Went back to the grass:
      error said:
      Player has no unfainted Pokemon

PokeBattle_Battle:189:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonField:57:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:56:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonField:56:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:202:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player*:578:in `update'

Scene_Map:97:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:62:in `main'

Scene_Map:59:in `loop'

Scene_Map:66:in `main'

Main:41

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
      I could give you errorlog.txt but I don't think that is necessary. The bug is when you faint, go back home and your Pokemon's health is not recovered like the real games.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I like the fact that we can move faster, but
    1. When you and the assistant walk out the begining town, the assistant sprite
    dissapers leaving the trainer sprite their (right before the cutsceen).
    2. During the cutsceen the villian walks to the stairs, the stairs go right through him.

Well that is about it. I love your game Flameguru and I am hoping to se more from you.

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Just a few bugs:
    • if you white out and scurry home between the grass and Valencia and leave the house, your mom gives your PokeGear again.
    • When you are given the Pokeballs from the aid, the item is given in separate messages rather than just one.
    • Professor's aid gives Pokeballs again, so I've now 10 rather than 5.

1) Fixed
    2) Can't really fix now but it won't be like that in later versions
    3) Fixed

The Battle Glitch is now also fixed. I just added all of the Healing Spots to the metadata.txt so everything should work, I'm just trying to figure out if there is a way that you can still screw something up.

1. When you and the assistant walk out the begining town, the assistant sprite
    dissapers leaving the trainer sprite their (right before the cutsceen).
    2. During the cutsceen the villian walks to the stairs, the stairs go right through him.

1) I think I'll have the screen fade to black. Both Characters would disappear but it makes no sense with map connections
    2) Fixed

I'm actually thinking of setting the Walking speed back to GBA Speeds, but if everybody wants it the way it is then it doesn't matter.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    no! GBA speeds are too slow!! please keep them! i mean the speeds you have now!

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    UPDATE:

Alright, We have made a lot of changes to Metallic Silver in the last week or so.

One of the biggest changes is that instead of you and the lab assistant just walking off to Olivine like in the last Beta, you now actually get to play up to that point. This was my decision and I think it will add a whole lot to the Game. Don't worry, you will get to goto the Orange Islands too, but not until you get up to Olivine.

The Story while in Johto will be different and some of the maps will look somewhat different also. You will still meet Kamon, but I don't want to say why because it may hurt the story. Instead of Team Rocket in Johto, we have Darkstar Inc. Grunts and an appearance of 2 other "Leaders" of the team.

As for progress, everything up to Ilex Forest has been Mapped, Evented, and Configured. It's basically 1+ Hours longer now. I'd say it has give or take a good hour to an hour and a half of game play, depending on the encounter rates you have in the Grass and how well you can figure out the storyline and find out what to do.

So yeah, I'll be adding some Screenshots of the new Beta that will come within the month sometime down the road. Until then, Peace.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Thats awesome, it was kind of a dull story line, but nice game, and now that we have to play up to that point is a great idea. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back