• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Land and the Sea

Years
    There are currently 2 open spots for Sea explorers. When spots are open, post them in the OOC thread.
    INTRODUCTION​
    You are a Pokemon explorer from a rescue team, trying to save the world. You are currently residing in a guild in a remote town, known as Elemental Town. The guild is run by the guild master Togekiss, who used to be a famous explorer until he retired to start his own guild. Nothing makes him as happy as when he sees his explorers succeed.

PLOT​
    Groudon and Kyogre are battling, this time each of them are going all out. Groudon is trying to expand continents and landmass, while Kyogre is trying to expand the seas and oceans. Because of this, the weather has become chaotic and all over the planet, there are natural disasters. You are one of the chosen Explorers, to come and end this chaos and stop Groudon and Kyogre from feuding.

EXPLORERS​
    There are 2 types of Explorers in this RP- Land & Sea.

Land Explorers
    Your ultimate mission is to stop Groudon from battling with Kyogre. In order to this, you have to obtain the Red Orb to calm Groudon down. To get the Red Orb, you have to gain the Ruby Key to access the place where the Red Orb is hidden. The Ruby Key is pieced together by the 5 Terra Gems that are scattered around the world, in dungeons guarded by Pokemon. Once you've obtained the Red Orb, place it in Groudon's Heart, which is in Magma Chamber, and it will give Groudon back his reason and stop it from battling with Kyogre.

Sea Explorers
    Your mission is to stop Kyogre from battling with Groudon. In order to this, you have to obtain the Blue Orb to calm Kyogre down. To get the Blue Orb, you have to gain the Sapphire Key to access the place where the Blue Orb is hidden. The Sapphire Key is pieced together by the 5 Marine Gems that are scattered around the world, in dungeons guarded by Pokemon. Once you've obtained the Blue Orb, place it in Kyogre's Heart, which is in Aqua Chamber, and it will give Kyogre back his reason and stop it from battling Groudon.

Teams
    There will be 3 Teams for each category of explorers, with 2 members in one. The first 3 people of every category get to be the leader of the Team and decide on the name. Those who join after the teams have been formed must indicate in the SU which team they want to join.

Land Teams
    Team AlphaRelic- Ash_Ketchum123 and Vulpix001 [FULL]
    Team TerraWings- Wasen and CriticalFlygon. [FULL]

Sea Teams
    Team ???- SamuraiMaster and Fisk. [FULL]

RULES
    1. All PC rules apply here.
    2. I'm the GM here and I control the important NPCs, which is the guild master Togekiss.
    3. No godmodding/bunnying etc or any form of controlling other peoples' characters unless they allow you to do so.
    4. No spelling or grammatical errors. I'm very serious about this as I'll be reading your posts and if I can't understand what you're writing due to grammatical or sentence structure errors, I'm afraid you'll be expelled. Anyway, I can find about all these when you're doing your SU.
    5. If you're inactive for more than one week and you haven't inform me, I'll take that as a sign that you want to quit, and I'll follow your request.
    6. Use (OOC: blahblah) when talking Out Of Character or use the OOC thread, that's what's it's for, isn't it?
    7. Try to post at least one paragraph of 4 lines. If you don't have anything to write about, then don't post. Just keep checking on the RP to see if you're needed.
    8. To ensure that you've read the plot, rules etc, I need you to provide the password in your SU. The password is TERRA MARINA.

Elemental Town
    Shopkeepers can be controlled by everyone, as long as you keep them to their job.

Murkrow Bank: A bank operated by Murkrow. You can deposit or withdraw your Poke here. You should deposit your money here for safekeeping before going exploring. If you are defeated in a dungeon, you lose all the Pokemon you're carrying but what's in the bank is safe.

Kecleon Items and Wares: A shop operated by 2 Kecleon brothers. The younger one sells TMs, Orbs etc whereas the older one sells Apples, Seeds etc.

Manectric Link Shop: A facility for linking moves and recalling forgotten moves. Linking is a process of putting together 2 moves so that they are used one after the other in 1 turn.

Kangaskhan Storage: You can store or take out items here. It's good to store important items here before going on dangerous missions because if you faint in a dungeon, you lose items.

Luxray Locksmith: A shop that unlocks mysterious treasure chests found in dungeons. These chests, with intriguing names like Shiny Chest, Deluxe Chest, and so on, all contain an item.

Hitmontop Dojo: A facility where you team may freely battle wild Pokemon. If you're defeated in the dungeons, you don't lose your items and Poke you're carrying.

Dungeons
    Spoiler:

SU

Name: Be as creative as you want. No final-evolution Pokemon. You'll be able to evolve later on.
    Species: Until Gen IV Pokemon.
    Moves: Maximum 4. Only 1 egg move allowed. Please state the egg move inherited from which parent in History. All moves must be naturally learnt and must be those from level 20 and below. TMs and HMs would be available soon in the RP.
    Team: Land/Sea.
    Appearance: Do you look different from other Pokemon of your own species? Distinctive features?
    Personality: Nature, attitude etc? How do you react in certain situations? Likes and dislikes?
    History: Why join a rescue team? What was life before becoming an Explorer? How did you grow up? Have you encounter any life-changing experiences?

Accepted
    Vulpix001
    Ash_Ketchum123
    Fisk
    Wasen
    CriticalFlygon
    SamuraiMaster

Last edited:

Vulpix001

♥ 狐 ♥
    Years
    Hey Diamond! Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I love the idea. Please reserve me a spot. I'll be gone for a few days so my SU won't be up for a while although I hope to have it tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited:

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    I would like to reserve a spot. Hopefully I can have my SU up and running by tonight or tomorrow. Under 3 days maximum as far as my reservation is concerned.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'll sign up... hopefullly I'll have time :p
    EDIT: ;)

Name: Astra
    Species: Vibrava

Moves: Quick Attack (inherited from... I don't know how egg moves work really :/ I just want Quick Attack), Sonic Boom, Sand Tomb, Bite (learned from birth as a Trapinch)

Appearance: Longer and more curly antennas than usual. The green eyes, wings and details are a little more to the blue shade.

Personality: Astra is a pretty plain person. Most times when battling, he uses strategy, but sometimes he is simply acting out of instinct. He enjoys sunlight and will try to soak it up whenever he can. He doesn't like deep dungeons, even though he has been living in some from time to time.

He has never really been a lazy person, rather he helps out when he can. But he isn't really the one to make up workloads. If there is a mission to be carried out, he will take it if the reward is worth it or if someone becomes happy enough with him doing it. He is not scared easily (not even of dungeon darkness) but he has got a slight fear of water. It's not the liquid that bothers him, but rather the depth of a lake, a river or the... *shudder* the sea. He can't even imagine getting down into a subterranean cave knowing there is water above him, even if he wouldn't be able to see it.

He loves to fly and tries to stay in the air as much as he can. He practices digging sometimes though, as he isn't nearly as good at that as he is at flying. Maybe it has to do with his dislike of dungeons and depths? He dreams of evolving again one day and become a pokémon who can fly even higher up in the sky.

At Mt. Iron, berries were rare, so whenever Astra spots some, he wants them. Badly.

History: His parents wanted him to join a rescue team, as they never got the chance to themselves. Astra is pretty nonchalant about it, but obliges to make them happy. He has grown up near Mt. Iron and learned to survive in the harsh climate there. He was, of course, born as a Trapinch, but evolved when his father, a Vibrava, was fighting a menacing Hippopowdon and Astra had to step in to help.

Team: Dunno 8D

Oh, one more thing. TERRA MARINA.

Um... that must have been the shortest SU I've ever made. But it's seriously not as easy to flesh out one about a pokémon as when you're making up a human character. Do you want a much longer SU? I guess, since I did write this in under one hour...

Last edited:
    Years
    RHCP: You're ACCEPTED. I know PMD RP SUs don't require to be long. As long as its briefly outlined and the concept of personality and everything is clearly seen. I prefer SUs that are slightly short so the chracter can developed much better along the RP. Besides, this RP I planned would go for as long as possible since the storyline isn't as breezy or simple as one might think. :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thanks :) I fleshed out the personality a bit more though. I think I want the Sea version for Astra, just to play with his fear of deep water and depths in general xD

EDIT: Naaah, changed my mind. Explorers of the Land :D

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    PMD RP! xD I'd like to reserve a spot, please. I'll post my SU momentarily (an hour from now or shorter.)

EDIT: Here it is! :D

Name: Spark (not original, nor creative, but meh xD)

Species: Pikachu

Moves:
    Volt Tackle (explained in History^^)
    Thunderbolt
    Slam
    Quick Attack

Team: Land

Appearance: His ears are quite different when sompared to a normal Pikachu's. The black pattern on its tip ended with a pointy pattern (I don't really know how to describe it) His tail is also slightly shorter than how it's supposed to be.

Personality: Spark is a happy-go-lucky Pikachu. He is very fond of company and prefers to travel in a group than by himself. He is, however, afraid of tight spaces, or as humans like to call it, claustrophobic. He doesn't like dungeons that have narrow tunnels. He enjoys dungeons with wide, open spaces.

Spark is rarely ever in one place. He loves adventures. Everyday, he explores a dungeon just for the heck of it. He likes making friends on the way of exploring, too. He dislikes fighting, but isn't afraid to do so when needed. What he is afraid to, aside from tight spaces, is using Electric-type moves. The fear can be traced way back when he was just a Pichu. He rarely uses Volt Tackle or Thunderbolt. Instead, he uses Slam and Quick Attack repetitively.

Spark likes bringing as many Apples as he can when he goes in a dungeon. His reason: he might get lost and starve to death. But he just really loves eating Apples.

History: Spark wanted to join a rescue team purely because his father was in one when he was a kid. His father would tell him lots of great traveling stories as a Pichu and he was always fascinated by each one of them. Their family owned a Light Ball, so he was able to learn a special move called Volt Tackle as a kid. His parents have always told him not to use that move until he was a Pikachu, but sadly, he disobeyed them. One day, he used Volt Tackle to show off in school. The demonstration went great, but the use of so much electricity shocked him so much he had to be bedridden for weeks. From then on, he was afraid to use Electrip-type attacks even when he was now a Pikachu

And BTW, did I mention how awesome TERRA MARINA is?

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    This isn't done yet...it's a work in progress.

Name: Tyrant
    Species: Larvitar
    Moves: Maximum 4. Only 1 egg move allowed. Please state the egg move inherited from which parent in History. All moves must be naturally learnt and must be those from level 20 and below. TMs and HMs would be available soon in the RP.
    Team: Land/Sea.
    Appearance: Do you look different from other Pokemon of your own species? Distinctive features?
    Personality: Nature, attitude etc? How do you react in certain situations? Likes and dislikes?
    History: Why join a rescue team? What was life before becoming an Explorer? How did you grow up? Have you encounter any life-changing experiences?

Vulpix001

♥ 狐 ♥
    Years
    Yay I got time to write my SU!
    TERRA MARINA
    Name: Rose
    Species: Vulpix
    Moves: ember, quick attack, will-o-wisp, confuse ray
    Appearance: Rose usually wears a purple stone pendant around her neck and a flower in her hair.   She has slightly pink and nicely combed fur.
    Personality: Rose is very caring and kind. She won't let a friend put themselves in danger. She is very clean and does not like getting dirty in the least. She often feels lonely when left to her thoughts.  
    History: Rose was born an orphan. She was raised by a family of Arcanine and always knew she was different. She spent time alone wandering around and on one of these excursions found her purple gem. She fashioned it into a pendant and it became her prized possession. She migrated from her original home to find like kin. She settled in a flowery meadow after failing to find family. She then grew a liking to flowers in her hair. She soon returned to her search and found instead the guild. She joined in hope of finding family and also of helping others. 

PM me to give suggestions. I love to improve my work. Thanks! ;)

Years
    Ash_Ketchum and Vulpix001 are ACCEPTED. Since both of your are the first few explorers, you will be the leader and give your team a name. :)

@Ash_Ketchum: I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, but the moves must be from 4th Gen, since this RP is going to use til 4th Gen pokemon and some RPers may not know 5th Gen that detailed and I want them to be able to RP comfortably in their own skin. So, just change Electro Ball to some other move. If you need help, you can see Pikachu's movepool for Gen IV here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_(Pokémon)/Generation_IV_learnset#By_leveling_up

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    Oh, sorry about that. I've changed Electro Ball to Thunderbolt :D

Oh, and you did you say anything about naming our teams? Then I want my team to be called "Team Alpha" xD

Years
    i'm joining!
    Name: Shadow
    Species: Eevee
    Moves: Dig, Bite, Take down, Shadow Ball
    Team: Sea Explorer
    Appearance: Has a tuft of hair coming out at the top. Her tail is longer than everyone elses.
    Personality: Shadow is a pokemon that doesn't get angry much, but if she does...watch out! She likes protecting others, and when fighting an outlaw, she likes to do all the work herself, but tries not to.She is very good at digging and making tunnels.
    History: Shadow's mother got captured by evil pokemon and Shadow is determined to get her back. Her father is, most of the time, out rescuing pokemon, as he is a platinum Rank explorer. every single one of her friends have left her, and she now prefers being alone, but she'll probably have to be in a team...
    not very long....sorry D:

Years
    Name: Flyn
    Species: trapinch
    Moves: growl, bite, earthquake
    Team: TerraDragoon (land explorer)
    Appearance: Flyn's eyes seem to be bigger than the average trapinch and his skin also seems to be a bit darker than the average trapinch. Flyn also likes to wear his green scarf everywhere.
    Personality: Flyn is a bit on the calm side. He likes to use logic and strategy when battling. Even though Flyn is very calm he can get a bit frazzled when surprised. He is also very timid when it comes to heights.
    History:Flyn had always wanted to be on rescue team evey since his mother and father told him about the great adventures they had when they were in one. He constantly asked his parents if he could be in one but the answer was always " Wait until you evolve." However one day a couple of mischievous pokemon were trying to rob a little defenseless oddish while Flyn and his parents where at the market. Flyn got so angry he stomped his legs so hard he had made an earthquake. That is when Flyn's father had learned he inherited the egg move earthquake from him. That had stopped the thieves and that is when his parents allowed Flyn to finally join a rescue team.

Oh and TERRA MARINA

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    Can I join in? ^^

Name: Airforce
    Species: Pidgey
    Moves: Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Gust, Brave Bird
    Appearance: A scar over his right eye from when he was battling a Spearow
    Personality: Airforce is often calm and ready to take fight if he must. He's very suspicious against others but fighting for what is right
    History: When he was a younger did he lost a fight with an angry Spearow and since then has he only wanted to get stronger and that's why that he decided to join a rescue team. His scar still reminds him of the day and he knows that some day they will meet again and he wants to be as prepared as can be when it happens.

TERRA MARINA

Years
    mzmingle, Wasen and CriticalFlygon are ACCEPTED.
    Wasen and CriticalFlygon, please decide which Land team to join. If Vulpix001 doesn't reply with her team name, either one of your will become a team leader and decide on a name.

mzmingle, since your the first person to sign up as a Sea explorer, you get to choose a team name and be the leader.

Wind and Fisk, your are under the RESERVED.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually, I think I'll withdraw. I was looking forward to seeing your PMD RP up, and I'm still gonna stalk read it, but I don't think it's the right kind of RP for me to participate in :3 Lots of other people probably want to be leader of a team, so I'll leave the spot to them~ Is that ok?

Back