• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Melancholy of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Jeremy was nervous. They were asking questions. They had noticed his shades. Someone might uncover his... secret.

"... May I join?" Volt's question shook him into awareness. Megumi was here, and she had changed the subject. No one was staring at him anymore. Everyone was looking at her now. Jeremy mentally breathed a sigh of relief. "Better keep everyone on this topic now," he thought, and then, quickly turning to Megumi, asked, "Can I join as well?"

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
  • (OOC: Hmm... I don't my character is going to come into the guild and join the team right now because there's kind of a lot going on right now. Anyway, I kind of have my own idea on how Iris meets and joins the team as long as it's ok with Gamekrazy. Just to let everyone know, you don't really have to respond to what I'm doing right now until you're ready to move on to something else.)

Stretching and yawning, Iris stood up and wandered off into the forest. "That guild seems to be an interesting place, but I guess it's 'bout time for me to leave." Suddenly, a chill crept up her spine, and she started trembling slightly as the fur on her back stood straight up. "S-someone's in trouble. I can feel it, " she started mumbling to herself in a tone full of concern. "There's fear... a lot of fear... and pain too, but I don't think it's life-threatening. Where is it coming from?"

Iris concentrated as hard as she could, but sighed in frustration when she failed to find the source. That was the glitch in her "gift", or nuisance as she sometimes liked to call it. Although she could often sense feelings of fear, pain, and anxiety from others nearby quite clearly, she sometimes had trouble with pinpointing the direction it was coming from, especially if it was on the move like this one seemed to be.

"Wait! I've got it. It's that way!" she shouted triumphantly as she ran forward through the forest. Only a few minutes later she came upon a small Eevee, limping on one of its front legs.

"Is this the way to Guild Master Wigglytuff's guild?" Eevee asked as he spotted Iris. He cocked his head a bit in curiosity as he noticed her unusual coat.

"Uh... Whosawhata Wigglytuff's guild?" Remembering the pink building from before she pointed with her paw and added, "Oh, it's that way. What happened? Why are you going to the guild?"

The Eevee's tail and ears drooped as he answered sadly, "I was playing with my friend, a Skitty, when a bunch of Pokemon attacked her. I tried to stop them, but....." He looked down at his injured paw.

"It's ok, kid. You go to the guild and get that treated." Walking past the Eevee, she went in the direction he'd come from.

"B-but what're you going to do, Vulpix?" he inquired nervously.

"I'm going to help Skitty, of course! By the way, the name's Iris. See ya, kid, and good luck!" Using Quick Attack, she took off in a flash, heading deep into the forest.

"W-wait, Vul-, I mean, Iris!" he shouted, but she was already gone. "I don't think she can handle it all by herself.... Hope she doesn't get hurt...." With a sigh, he continued limping toward the guild.

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
    Years
  • OOC: Aha. Clever, Namora.

Just after Luc finished his explanation, a second Pikachu appeared. She, as Luc decided after hearing her voice, seemed concerned for his safety (which he was becoming a little sick of). The Cubone who had inquired about Luc's journey answered her question. Then, with surprising randomness, she suddenly announced that she was making a rescue team, and that the Cubone was to join it.

A few of the others hesitantly put their names forward to join the female Pikachu's team; the Pikachu with the brown stripe across his nose and the bespectacled Raichu (who, to Luc's surprise, seemed to have a petrified arm). Luc tried to shift his position over, inwardly smiling at the yellow Pokémon's charisma, but outwardly winced at the pain it brought on. If only he were stronger, and not so prone to getting lost…

Pokémon Rescue Teams generally had the strongest Pokémon around. This was achieved through intense training during rescue missions or explorations. These were done in Mysterious Dungeons. If anything were to toughen him up, that would be it.

"Maybe…" Luc mused aloud, "Maybe, once I'm better… I can join this guild… and your team." He looked questionably at the female Pikachu.

Rii

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Reina

Name: Reina often called Rain by her friends
    Species: Eevee
    Oddity: She can sense the flow of emotions around her, and to an extent read the minds of those close to her.
    Description: Typical sprite, only she wears a snowflake charm around her neck.
    Personality: Laid back, at times she often seems rather childish, though she is in fact smarer then those around her first assume, gutsy, she tends to charge in first and ask questions later, and finally she tends to suffer from a cute complex....to an extent.
    Hystory: As a child Reina loved watching her parents interact with various pokemon. Her father had been a trainer in his youth, and was getting his child used to pokemon so she would become a trainer one day, and maybe susceed where he had failed. He taught her about the different types, and what beat what, ect. He even gave her a pet to play with when she was little. An Aipom named Jazz. As the girl grew into a teenager she and Jazz were really close, then one day Jazz left home and never returned. Devistated Rain swore she'd never become a pokemon trainer and never trust another pokemon again.
    Other:
    RP sample: "Rain! Over here, this way!" the girls team mates yelled. In her blue and green soccor uniform Rain looked quite cute she had to admit. "No!" she yelled, swirving around another player. "I can make the shot!" An older boy tried to kick the ball away from her, but Rain faked to the left and shot off to the right. Her team mates were right behind her, yelling for her to pass the ball to the girl near the goal. Rain shook her head and kept going. She was almost there just a little more. She gave the ball a hard kick, and it soared off just a foot or so off from the goal. "Rain!" her captain yelled annoyed, and the girl winced. The other team was busy celebrating over their narrow win. "Being a team player means playing as a team." Rain glanced over the stands. Her parents weren't there. "Like I care." she stalked off.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    As the conversation between the various Guild Pokemon and the Shinx continued, the Mudkip brought up the term 'Pokemon League'. Cyl watched and listened, as the same paired words came up again and again... Pokemon League... Pokemon League... She was searching her memory and stored knowledge and such for that particular term, though nothing came up. Strange, that these two Pokemon would be discussing something even the Deoxys had no knowledge of. At least, no knowledge that Cyllunia-4 had been fitted with. Her long Abra's tail twitched a few times in curiosity.

"If none of the other teams here meet my standards, I should just start my own!"

Those words shattered any thought processes Cyl had going on. She glanced at the newcomer, seeing her clearly as the female Pikachu she'd seen outside the Guild earlier. Cyl then watched as she 'recruited' the Cubone, Yuu. Then she watched with great interest as the others requested to join, one by one.
    A rare thought then crossed Cyl's mind. What was she going to say? It wasn't often that the idea of speaking came to her, but in those few times that it did, she figured there was no other option. While she didn't think anyone had really noticed her in her silence, she was a Pokemon in the room with the rest of them. It would seem odd for her not to say something. As for the question of joining... She needed something more to defeat the plague of boredom and idleness.

"Join?" she said quietly; awkwardly, in that high-pitched and nearly robotic voice of hers. "Me too? Can I... join...?"

Cyl wasn't programmed for speaking, and that was rather apparent. She wasn't all that good at piecing words together, which made her sentences short and awkward. But, at least she got her meanings across well enough.

EspeonLee

let me sleep...
    Years
  • hope this works ^^

edit: lengthened personality and history a bit. also changed the description ((the old one was for him as a meowth instead of persian ^^;; ))

Name: Giovanni, goes by Geo mostly
    Species: Persian
    Oddity: He has the Dimensional Scream, enabling him to see and/or hear past encounters with an object and, on occasion, a person or a place. This hasn't worked since his mate died, however.
    Description: Instead of the red ruby on his forehead, he has one with a milky gold tone. His fur also has the classic siamese markings in a slightly darker cream than the rest of his body.
    Personality: Geo tends to keep to himself. Most pokemon assume he's snooty due to his usual straight face and somber silence. But, to be wholely honest, he just isn't all that great at making idle conversation with others. It takes a long time of earning his trust and friendship to see him open up and share his inner thoughts and feelings. He is an experienced fighter and is highly protective of those he cares about. Mostly this would include his very few close friends and, at one time, his mate Rene.
    However, he can also be very insecure and second-guesses himself regularly. He is often spotted pacing the shore line south of Wigglytuff's Guild, alone, muttering and mumbling about something or other that he thinks went wrong with the last mission and how to prevent it for next time. Classic case of the obsessive, over-analytical leader.
    History: He was born from an egg that had been abandoned at Chansey's day care, never him the chance to know his parents. Being the feisty young scratch-cat pokemon that he was, Geo had been sent to live at Wigglytuff's guild fairly early on by the patient, yet slightly frazzled, Chansey at the young age of three.
    While training there for the next several years, he learned everything about mystery dungeons how the rescue and exploration teams work.
    After about seven or so years after he'd been sent to train at the guild, a young female meowth named Rene happens upon the guild, looking to form a rescue team with someone.
    Geo eventually manages to muster up the courage to approach her, offering to form a rescue team with her. She seems to act coy and girlish aroud him at first but ultimately aggrees, and thus, team Scratch-paw was formed.
    The two graduate a year later, after Geo's eleventh hatchday, and leave to become an independent team.
    Shortly thereafter, both gain the required conditions to evolve but Rene chooses to remain a meowth while Geo becomes a stately persian.

Team Scratch-paw operates without incident for another five years. ((hes 16 now, three years before the rp))
    Then, on one of his usual walks with Rene, he absently touches a shiny stone he'd found on the road and is overcome by a woozy, dizzy feeling. He stumbles and collapses to the side of the path before a vision blots out his sight. He could see the pokemon that had dropped the stone his paw had brushed against moments before. Rene worries over him when he come sout of it, asking what happened. Neither one of them had ever heard of the 'Dimentional Scream' before and would thus have no idea what it was.
    Rene helps Geo stand once more and inspects her mate for injuries. Not finding any, she concludes that whatever caused Geo's dizzy spell had worn off.
    They learn about it later from Chatot, discovering that it was a rare ability and that in enabled one to see either past or future events associated with a trigger. What this trigger was varied, depending on the surroundings. He assured them that it was nothing to worry about and sent them on their way home.

Geo uses his new power to help with rescues for the next year and a half. But nothing could've predicted the tragedy that would befall him and Rene as they attempt their first four starred mission.
    The dusknoir outlaw that they were supposed to bring down had gained the upperhand over the team, seizing Rene in a tight, crushing grip.
    Geo despreately tries to free her but is easily cast aside by the powerful ghostly pokemon and is forced to watch as his parter is crushed to death.
    He would've suffered the same fate if a second team hadn't come in and taken the dusknoir to justice.

Geo continues to operate as a free agent, alone. If asked, he would say, 'It's what she would've wanted.'
    Other:
    RP Sample: *searches for a single character example of hers* woot, found one ^^ its not pokemon related though

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • Volkova scanned the room with her HUD, only feigning interest in the Shinx's story about the Pokemon League. She recorded the conversation for future reference, just in case it was important. But she was busy having a conversation with the Deoxys back on the mothership.

*Data anomaly approaching your location at 24' Mark 86 O 48. Data anomaly parameters not previously examined.*

Acknowledged, HQ. Will keep an eye out.

It was that moment a Pikachu chose to walk into the room. "What are you guys talking about?"

While Yuu, the Cubone, was busy stammering out something mildly resembling a conversation with the Pikachu, Volkova was requesting more information on the exact nature of the data anomaly.

It was then she recognized that the odd, boistrous Pikachu was the data anomaly. She promptly cut the connection.

The Pikachu was going on about creating a new rescue team. Well, as part of her revised mission objectives, she supposed that joining it was a good way to become more familiar with the data anomaly.

"I guess I'll join too," Volkova offered.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    COMMENT: Sorry, just keeping the thread alive.

The Rules said:
    Threads can only be "revived" within a month.
    A thread that has gone past an approximate month may not be posted in
    . For restarting topics, create a new thread.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Bah, sorry guys. Ive been in a bit of an RP slump lately. Havn't been able to bring myself to type out a post. With the holidays coming soon though, I should hopefully be able to make one soon. Until then...

Rii: Denied Your history was written as if she was a human, and that is not listed as your oddity (and humans are humans. they don't get extra special powers) not to mention, your history, personality and sample are too short for my tastes.

EspeonLee: Pending. People obtaining strange powers did not start until three years prior to the RP's current events, so could you specify a bit more when events in his past took place? Your history and personality are a bit lacking, so could you add to them? Your sample was a little short too, but its quality is good enough by my standards.

EspeonLee

let me sleep...
    Years
  • EspeonLee: Pending. People obtaining strange powers did not start until three years prior to the RP's current events, so could you specify a bit more when events in his past took place? Your history and personality are a bit lacking, so could you add to them? Your sample was a little short too, but its quality is good enough by my standards.
    mmk, i edited it ^^ hopefully i added enough

FalseSwipe

Finish him with False Swipe!
    Years
  • Name: Slice

Species: Weavile

Oddity: Weaker than normal Weavile, but is much faster.

Description: The gold gem on its forehead glows whenever it is in danger. Otherwise it looks like a normal Weavile

Personally-
    Slice is not an ordinary Weavile. Scared of battle it turns to it's speed for escaping. The other pokemon look down on him because of his weakness and cowardly acts. He spends most of his time running from area to area, not having a real home.

Slice has never made any friends. He stood out among other Weaviles as the last one anyone wanted to talk to. When people try to become friends with him, he turns the other cheek. He tries to be alone most of the time.

Slice studies the history of pokemon. As he roams from place to place he wants to learn more about where he is and the history of that place. Despite knowing so much about pokemon, he dosen't know much about himself. He gave himself the name Slice, on account of the earliest memory he had, the memory of him cutting through the trees of a forest after escaping from an icy cave.

History: Slice was born in an Icy Cave. His mother fell ill almost immediately, and he was left to fend by himself. He has met many other species of Pokemon and he has studied everything about them. When he was 10 he fell very sick. He looked around at the surroundings and realized he was back in his icy cave. He closed his eyes and told himself that it was over.The gem on his forehead was glowing brightly. Just when he thought everything was over, he heard the noise of a pokemon. An icy blue bird was soaring above him. He was amazed. He read about this pokemon, Articuno. He closed his eyes once more and when he awakened again he was no longer ill.

After his experience with Articuno, Slice tried to learn as much about him as possbile. He studied ancient artifacts, he read books, he even tried to go back to the cave and look for him again. He knew that if he was supposed to die then he would have died then and there, but Articuno knew that Slice has something to live for. Slice now knows that too.

Other: Gold gem on forehead glows when in trouble. Faster than normal Wevile, but also weaker.

RP SAMPLE:(Taken from an RP I tried to write a year ago)
    Trek looked up. He had been through so much and he was finally here. The Temple of Zerk. He placed his sword back on his sheath and slowly took a step forward on the long stairway ahead. Peices of his blue hair covered his face as he inched forward towards the Temple. The cuts on his arms and legs left blood drippings behind him as he stopped before the entrance.

The noise of someone elses footsteps filled the air as he turned around quickly. Braze! Braze quickly took out his sword and took a hard lunge at Trek. Trek sidestepped and pulled out his own sword. Braze took a step back and got into a fighting stance.

"What are you doing here!" exclaimed Trek.

"This temple is not meant for the likes of you" replied Braze in a calm voice.

The metals of the two swords were worn out in the epic battle between Trek and Braze. Both men were tired when Braze made on fatal flaw. Trek swung his sword with such might that both men had dropped their swords. Trek grabbed Braze by the collar of his bloody shirt and held him up to the edge of the 300 step staircase. The eyes of the two men met one last time before the scream of Braze filled the Temple surroundings. Trek picked up his sword and continued moving on toward the Temple.

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
  • (OOC: Ok, how about I try to entertain you guys a bit with Iris's rescue mission until Gamekrazy is ready. I would've had it a long time ago, but my computer messed up and I lost it when I was almost through with it. :( I got really busy with Christmas and all and had a little trouble finding time to redo it. Anyway, here it is recreated.)

"How do I get myself into these messes!" Iris grumbled as she continued running through the forest. "I could've just let that kid find someone else to help him but NOOOOO....! I had to just jump in and volunteer like some freakin' hero or something. I'm no hero.... I wasn't before I changed, and I'm not now...." Back when she was a Haunter, she didn't concern herself too much with others. No other ghost Pokemon really did. She spent most of her time scaring and pulling pranks on anyone dumb enough to wander into her cemetery alone. Why did she seem to care so much for "skinbags" now? Exasperated, she sighed, unable to come up with a satisfying answer.

When she came to a small clearing, the Eevee's scent trail suddenly ended, but she picked up fresh scents from five other Pokemon. Three of the scents were very similar, so she guessed that they came from the same species. After discovering a small pool of blood, which she concluded came from Eevee's hurt leg, she knew that she must've found where the attack had taken place.

"I've got to be close to them... very close, but which way now?" Suddenly, Iris shivered as chill crept up her spine, followed by a wave of fear. "I-it's Skitty! It has to be!" The fear was strong.... but there was surprisingly no pain.... yet. Turning in a circle, she tried to figure out the direction the feelings were coming from, but it was proving difficult at best.

"Now is not the time...," she groaned, fearing that she was losing precious time. Finally, Iris felt herself drawn to something nearby, and it wasn't very far. Using Quick Attack, she dashed forward as fast as she could. The feelings grew stronger with every step, causing the hair on her back to bristle and her eyes to dilate a little. When she stuck her head out of a bush bordering a large clearing, she saw a Skitty, surrounded by three Mightyeena. A blue, blob-like Pokemon stood nearby as if it was keeping watch or something.

"We have you now," the largest Mightyena growled, taking a menacing step toward the little Skitty. He appeared to be the leader. "No one enters our territory without answering to us. That Eevee might've gotten away, but you won't!" He crouched as if to spring on Skitty while the other two Mightyena followed suit. If Iris was going to help her it had to be now because in a few moments, Skitty wasn't going to have a later. Maybe I can distract them long enough for her to get to safety... Well, here goes nothing!

"Leave her alone!" Iris shouted, taking her opponents' attention off of Skitty. Concentrating some fire in her throat, Iris leaped out of the bush and released the most concentrated Flamethrower she could manage at the Mightyena leader. Taken off guard, he seemingly could only watch as the attack came right for him, and Iris silently cheered.

"Unlikely," the Leader retorted, an arrogant smile spreading across his face. Beside him, his followers laughed. What's the joke? Am I missing something? The blue Pokemon, who Iris was starting to wonder if he was asleep or something, jumped directly in front of the Flamethower, coated in a strange, glowing substance, and Iris gasped as it hit him dead on. When the smoke cleared, Iris's jaw dropped when she realized that the blue Pokemon was unharmed, and the Flamethower was heading back at her!

"Nice try, but fire can't hurt me!" Iris stood her ground, but when the fireball hit her she gasped at the sheer power of it. Since Vulpix are immune to fire, she was protected from the heat, but her feet dragged painfully across the ground as it pushed her back.
    "I-it's twice as strong as I made it! I can't h-hold it!" Her feet slipped out from under her, and she slammed against a tree, stunning her. She landed on her side in some bushes, out of sight of the other Pokemon.

"You're not getting away!" the Mightyena leader growled fiercely. "Neither of you will! Good job, Wobbuffet."

"Thanks, boss," she heard another voice answer.

Isn't Wobbuffet....a...Psychic-type? Why...would he....help....dark-type...Pokemon?
    When her head cleared a little more, she rolled to her feet and prepared to defend herself.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Lucius broke into a grin. Automatically, he began to rattle off: "The Pokémon League, a gathering of the world's best Pokémon Trainers and their faithful partners. A tournament of skill and strength, ultimately to determine who is the most powerful trainer and who is the most amazing Pokémon. Of course I do!" Lucius started giggling, and shook his head. "If I could get up, I would hug you, dude."
    Maverick mirrored the grin, quite surprised that his hunch had payed off.

He was just casually looking around when he saw that the Cubone was looking at him apparently in deep thought. He then listened in to most of the conversation going on, before Megumi, the other Pikachu in the guild, came in. She started rambling on about the perfect plan. Forming an exploration team didn't exactly come out as the perfect plan to Maverick, though. When the others started deciding to join, he decided to be quite the opposite. However, afterwards, they ended up staring at him awkwardly, he just couldn't refuse. That was a bit of a problem of his that he needed to deal with-he just couldn't refuse anything when they started to bring down the Peer Pressure. He finally replied, "Fine, fine, I guess I'll join, if everyone else is. Just don't expect me to always be with you on a mission, though. I'll probably do my own jobs from time to time."

Hearing what sounded distinctly like a cry for help, he said, "Well, sounds like we're needed! Let's go!" He frowned when he realised no-one was following. When he turned around to see why, he saw Megumi, arms crossed. He still persisted. "Well, come on then! I'm not gonna be able to take this rescue myself… No way, I wouldn't dream of it…" When he got no response, he said, "Well? Don't tell me I have to resort to typical communism! Now let's go!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back