• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- The New Age [Pg 13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    SU's ARE CLOSED. Sorry if you wanted to join. You're late.

~The Past~

Ah, the pleasent past. A romanticized world where pokemon would form exploration teams and go out on epic quests finding treasure and discovering unknown places. Where those who were lost could find help from such explorers and outlaws were brought to justice by teams every day. In those ancient times, pokemon would work and train hard every day to gain levels and learn new movew. And all the world was then was a couple small town here and there. The rest was wild and unclaimed. My how things have changed!​

~The Present~

Welcome to the new age of the pokemon world. Here, even without the presence of people, the world is populated with cities and bustling civilizations similar to our world today. Something about to crash into the planet? No need to call Raquaza- we can take it down with the missils and such we have stored for emergencies of this sort. Temporal Tower collapsing? Don't worry, some supports will keep it up while a helicoptor squad flies out to rapidly collect the time gears. Nowadays, exploration teams are obsolete. Pokemon police officers armed with guns- not levels -arrest the outlaws and rescue citizens. And as for treasure, well, to be quite frank there is none. Past times are spoken of to children in their history classes, those ancient stories only rememberd by the long-lived legendary pokemon that experienced such things themselves. Even these legendaries rarely train and fight anymore; like everyone else they have swiched to the use of guns and other such weapons for defense. All but one that is. Darkrai. A criminal from those ancient times locked up in jail and nearly forgotten, if not for the fairy-tales kids would hear about the past. He was never killed because the pokemon of this time have illegalized the death-penalty, but remains locked in an ever-improving prison, always practicing his moves so he will not forget. But even if Darkrai was to escape, what would he know about the modern world?​

~The Problem~

No one expected Darkrai to be able to escape his cell. No one anticipated how strong he would be, even able to take down the gaurds with their advanced weaponry. And no one could ever have imagined that he would find a wily female gliscor called Kara, who would join with him and light the path through these strange times. But all of these things happened, and the only question remaining is how to stop their new-and-improved plans to ruin the world. One police force from the small Treasure City (formerly Treasure Town) has decided to form a team of elite pokemon that will posess the weapons and training of the current century, as well as the knowledge of the pokemon moves and the experience of levels that were important long ago. Together this group would take down Darkrai and Kara and once again save the world. Now just to find the young pokemon willing to help.​

(For your information, this roleplay will take place during the summertime. More information on the region will be given as the roleplay progresses)​

Rules~
    1) No bunnying, please. This is one of my biggest pet-peeves. -_-
    2) The pokemon of this world (except Darkrai and the other legendaries) are all level five or under. Remember that.
    3) All spam in the OOC thread. It will be up when and if this is accepted
    4) Plot twists are welcomed, but PM me first, mmm kay?
    5) No flaming
    6) Stay active. It hurts to see an innocent roleplay die.
    7) Use proper grammar. I want to be able to read your posts easily.
    8) The most important rule of all- have fun! ^_^​

Name: Only a first name [and nickname if you want] is necessary​

Species: Fome the list below. I'll make this interesting and take out the starters. Mwa ha ha ha ha! >:3​

Appearance: I am expecting detail. Describe what this pokemon looks like and maybe throw in a scarf or an odd feature for fun. I want to see a paragraph.​

Personality: This is important, so don't blow it off. I want to see a paragraph.​

History: What was this pokemon like when they were younger? How did they come to be a part of this group? Once again, I want AT LEAST a paragraph.​

The Great List of Pokemon~
    Note: Only one person to a pokemon- no butts!​
    EDIT: The list was getting annoying and SU's are closed anyways so... bye bye list!

That' all folks! My sign up will be posted when I get to it. Also, I will be roleplaying as major characters such as the police force, Darkrai, Kara, and others. Happy Roleplaying!​

Last edited:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    (WHOO! FUTURISTIC MYSTERY DUNGEON!)

Name: Shierk (Pronounced Sheerk) "sparx"

Species: Elekid

Appearance: Shierk is a much lighter color fur than most Elekid's, he also has a bluish tint to the black markings in his fur. he has a scar in the shape of an x between his eyes for when he was ambushed by a dangerous criminal named weavile. his claws are sharper than most Elekid's claws, and he generally has a smug look on his face. He doesnt wear scarfs or ribbons, but he does wear a metal ring through his left prong, which is a marking for criminals that see him coming. He also has a clipping of his father's fur, (from when he died a few years back) on his forehead. for his weapons Shierk wields two voltage pistols which he keeps concealed in his fur.

Personality: Shierk is a tough person with a rock-solid exterior, which is odd, considering his type. he is very brave and is not afraid to stand up to others. He hates evil people due to an incident a few years back. He does make friends every once in a while, but they leave treasure city after complaining of criminals. Whenever he does make a good friend that stays, he treats them kindly and protects them with his life. Over all, he is a rough and tough pokemon. And if you anger him, you will regret it.

History: When Shierk was young, he was accepted into a young training program for officers of the law. His father forced him to go and reprimanded him greatly when he refused. Shierk eventually yielded to his father and entered the program. In the program, Shierk made a very close friend named Kreel. Kreel was a squirtle that quickly befriended Shierk and they Bunked together. During training, Shierk and Kreel were placed on opposite teams in a Paintball training excercise. Shierk and Kreel Became the last person on their teams, and in a friendly truce, shot each other in the foot, leaving no winner. After 5 years in the academy, Shierk and kreel both graduated. Shierk was sad to say goodbye, but they exchanged information and went home. At home everything was in chaos. Shierk's dad had gone after a criminal a week ago and had'nt come back. Staying brave, Shierk waited with the rest of his family, hoping for a answer. The answer they recieved was not one they wanted. A criminal named Weavile Had murdered his father in cold blood. Shierk carried vengeance for criminals ever since, and dedicated himself to the law. he caught Weavile and he is currently behind bars, but there are still many criminals left. Which is Why Shierk will hunt them down. And no1 on his list? Darkrai. So Shierk decided to join this group and catch darkrai and kara. but the question everyone asks is will he?

moveset:
    leer
    quick attack

Last edited:

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Why are there never any Bugs...
    Name: Adam or "Buzz"

Species: Pikachu

Appearance: Adam looks a lot like regular Pikachu, what with the short, yellow fur and the red cheek pouches, as well as the brown stripes on the back, althought hey are slightly darker than normal. What is unique about him is his tail; it is the same shape as a normal Pikachu's, and even the same colour, but the tip of the tail is a dark brown colour. Adam will also usually wear a dark green cotton bandanna.

Personality:
    Adam appears to be, at first glance, the embodiment of a Pikachu; energetic, curious, and fast. He's very talkative, and this can often get very irritating. But behind this lovable and somewhat naive exterior, there lies a whole new Pikachu; He can be very thoughtful and charming, and he is very intelligent. He can sometimes be headstrong and reckless, but some would say he was just very brave. Or stupid. he is known to be very skilled with a good Thundershock, but had recently been trying to master Iron Tail, and his speed is good enough for Quick Attack and Agility.

History:
    When Adam was just a little Pichu, he lead a somewhat interesting life. Together with an Azurill, a Smoochum, a Budew and a Tyrogue, he formed an adventuring group which was meant to be similar to the exploration teams which they had heard so much about in their history classes and went off looking for treasure. Most of the time they acted like scouts and helped people in finding lost items and helping old ladies across the road, but occasionally they would hear about a treasure in a forest or cave, and it would be an ancient artifact from the time when the world was threatened by Darkrai, which they usually had their parents sell for money and then divided up the money equally.

It was on one of these such expeditions that Adam evolved at last. Most of the other adventurers had evolved, but Adam was probably still the most valued member of the team. He evolved on an adventure to a stormy cliff to find a missing Fire Stone for a Flareon. He was struck by a lightning bolt and it gave him enough electrical energy to evolve, albeit prematurely. Unfortunately, the search was called off due to severe burns and scorch marks. But still his evolution marked the beginning of the end of the adventure group; it was his child-like enthusiasm as a Pichu which held them together. Now they were all more mature, they argued more and after a few more assignments, the group disbanded. Adam became a P.I., taking up assignments which were too trivial for a police force or needed to be kept out of the eye of the law.

In fact, it was this business which saw him joining the elite group of Pokemon. After taking on a few big assignments, Adam had a decent reputation, and eventually it reached the ears of the Treasure City police. due to his somewhat limited training, they decided to test him first; place a letter in a forest and send him to get it. Of course, they didn't tell him what the reward was. Nevertheless, Adam completed his assignment and brought back the letter, which he gave to the police chief. After simply writing Adam's name on the letter, he gave it back to him, and it was his invitation to join the elite force. He accepted and began his proper training.

I hope this is acceptable.

Last edited:

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    I'd like to reserve Numel! Going to write up the profile ASAP, should be done later today or tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Woot, here we go, had the time sooner rather than later.

Name: Barl

Species: Numel (Moves currently known: Tackle and Ember)

Appearance: Barl's eyes stay open wider than the average Numel's, giving him a more alert air than might be expected. His forelock is green like the spot on his back, rather than yellow. It ruffs upward instead of falling over his eyes, and continues down the back of his head, like a little mohawk or faux-hawk. He's tidy enough, but his fur is often dusty or marked with dirt from fighting, and he gets the occasionnal mat on his legs. The green spot on his back doesn't have any smaller spots around the edges, and is pretty close to a smooth circle, instead of a jagged border. When Barl is annoyed, smoke (or worse) may start to rise from the hole in his back. He wears his police shield on a chain around his neck.

Personality: A pokemon of few words, Barl prefers action over speech, though he's patient enough to wait until he's pointed at something that needs physical intervention. He relies on gut feeling over logic (though it is not always correct), and can be very stubborn, as it's difficult to convince him through reasoned debate--if he has "a feeling" about something, only plain and obvious evidence will change his mind. Barl is angry when that happens, as he dislikes being mistaken, and will feel betrayed to a greater or lesser degree by whatever he was wrong about.
    If someone he trusts betrays him, Barl will hold that grudge for a very long time. Conversely, if Barl trusts someone, he is fully loyal and supportive.

History: Lacking opposable digits and the high enough interest in book learning to overcome the annoyance of holding writing implements in his mouth or between his front feet, Barl was far more interested in the now-antiquated practice of physical combat than anything else. Though his family had a tradition of involvement in manufacturing (metal smelting was their specialty), Barl was only halfheartedly heading for that path. Living near the industrial part of Treasure Town, Barl's family was not well-off, and he didn't see a very exciting future ahead of him.
    After work one day, he was on the way to eat with a co-worker when Barl became an accidental participant in stopping a theft. A pair of Sandshrew were making off with coils of copper wiring from a warehouse. The local beat cops, an Ursaring and a Grumpig, had apprehended the first, holding it securely at gunpoint, but the second was fleeing on foot. As the Sandshrew came near, Barl tackled it without a second thought. He was thanked by both police-pokemon when they took custody of the Sandshrew, but it wasn't until his work buddy commented--mainly in jest--that he should apply to the police academy that it ever occured to Barl to do so. And he did.
    While Barl lacked the aptitudes to specialize as a detective, his physical abilities served him very well through cadet-hood and made him a reassuring presence on his beat.
    Eventually his superiors informed him he would be trained, with a few others, specifically to build upon his fighting skills, that had potential to allow him to learn some very old techniques. Mystified, but altogether willing to learn how to fight even better, Barl has trained hard. Now if only they would explain why...

Last edited:

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    All right! Lets see what I can so.

Pikakip: Glad to see how enthusiastic you are about this XP, you are pending.

Proddit: (This applies to everyone so listen up!) I will let you have two moves that your chosen pokemon can learn at level five (since five is the starting level). Anyway, you can have your riolu. Reserved.

Vespinus: ^_^ You did a very nice job~ accepted.

Broadway: Your character seems fun XP, accepted.

And there you have it!

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Awesome, thank you, Comet! This will be my first RP in a long while, and the previous was play-by-email, so if I make any missteps, don't hesitate to tell me! I'm looking forward to this :D

I've updated Barl's profile with his moves (I chose Tackle and Ember).

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    May I reserve a bellsprout plox? o3o
    My sign-up will probably be on its way tuesday or wednesday, if that's s'allright.

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
    Name: Marty (known as "Mars")

Species: Magby

Appearance: Marty has little bruises and scratches all over his body (for his unnatural clumsiness.)

Personality: Marty is a very happy-go-lucky type, and he rarely frowns. He is also very laid-back and hates to do any hard chores, or anything that involves him with moving a lot. Fortunately, when he agrees to do the work, he is seen as nothing less than an excellent worker, but Marty is a very clumsy pokemon, so he seems to mess up everything, but by some miraculous reason, everything turns out allright (most of the time, anyways.). Marty is very friendly with the other pokemon,

History: What was this pokemon like when they were younger? How did they come to be a part of this group? Once again, I want AT LEAST a paragraph.

ill do rest tomorrow, if i have enough time since im working on 2 SU's now.

AND I HAVE ONLY 1 STINKIN HOUR TO DO EM ALL.​

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Here goes some more updates:

Pikakip: Thanks for finishing that up. You are accepted!83

Proddit: No riolu? Okay, great SU though. Accepted.

Zeta Dimentio: It's a day past "tomorrow" but you are reserved anyway.

Dragon Song: ~I leik budew almost as much as mudkipz^ -^. You are reserved.

The Bringer!: Tuesday or Wednesday? Okay, I hope to see that soon then. Reserved.

Pheonix987: I understand, one hour is soooo not enough to do two SUs. You get the honor of the pending status. ^~^

This seems like a nice crowd XD I'm going to wait for all you reserved people to put up your SUs before this starts, but for now I will write up my own character. *coughI'macceptedcough*

Name- Haley

Gender- Female

Species- Wooper (similar to mudkipz? @_@)

Appearance- Haley is, like any wooper, a small pale blue pokemon with a wide tail. She has twig looking appendages on the sides of her head and markings on her back, but other than that is a simple-looking creature. With no front limbs, Haley handles her weapons with her left foot, using her thick but flat tail for balance. The latter is wrapped up in a white scarf that used to belong to Haley's grandmother, that is, before the old pokemon died. Now Haley wears it as a reminder to always be in good spirit and remember the golden rule "treat others how you wish to be treated". To finish off the water-type's image, Haley wears a metal, vest-like contraption in order to protect her soft wooper chest.

Personality- Haley is the kind and serious type. She tries to be as friendly and understanding as possible, calming those that were victims of crimes and trying to keep everyone around her in good spirit. Though she is laid-back and relaxed most of the time, Haley can become quite ambitious on important projects and if the moment is right, it can even be exceedingly difficult to get her off a case. Laughing at any joke you throw at her, it may be surprising to some how serious Haley actually is. She doesn't often make jokes or poke fun herself and is quick to get back on track if others goof around and throw her off. Finally, Haley has a high sense of justice and is appalled by any crimes that she comes in contact with. Because of this, it makes perfect sense that Haley finds the work of Darkrai and Kara to be unthinkabley horrid and in need of extreme correction.

History- Haley was born just two minutes after her twin sister, and five minutes before her twin brother, in a Treasure City hospital. Her parents were thrilled to have triplets. All her life Haley has gotten along well with her siblings- most of the time -except on a few instances where her brother, Thomas, or her sister, Lauren, would pull a cruel or unusual prank. The triplets' parents were Marlene, a quagsire, and Richard, a swampert (ha HA! She is a mudkip... sorta ._.). However, the three are all wooper. The closest member of the family to Haley was her grandmother, on her dad's side. Granny Margaret had oppsed evolution for most of her life and only made it to being a marshtomp (provided I spelled that correctly XP). She, like Haley, believed in kindness and justice, always helping out when Tom got annoying and soothing Haley when a big crime was commit in the area. When her grandmother died, Haley was mortified and cried for days, later deciding to carry on with her grandma's hatred of crime. It was then that she joined the local police force.

During her training and small amount of policehood prior to the events of the Roleplay, Haley found it mighty difficult to shoot a gun with her left foot. So, naturally, she tried her right foot. After just barely avoiding the destruction of her instructor when she so horribly missed her target, Haley switched back to her left. A this point in time she is actually quite a good shot. Not many interesting things happened in these newbie years, other than getting to help with a huge burglary case at the Treasure City Exploration Museum. The action came when Haley was asked to take on the project aiming at the capture and [much more careful] imprisonment of Darkrai and his new partner Kara. A surge of nobility flowed through her at that moment, giving her the courage and determination to accept and swear that she would bring the pair to justice.

Moveset: Growl and tackle

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Whoohoo! im in! (wait, whoohoo is similar to wooper which is similar to mudkipz soo...YEA! MUDKIPZ!) that was pretty ooc but still, im glad to be in.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    Name: Static

Species: Shinx

Appearance: Static is just like any other Shinx. However, he enjoys wearing a Thunderstone around his neck and can almost never be seen without his Power Band.

Personality: Static has an upbeat spirit. He always looks on the brighter side of things. Not only is Static very optimistic, but he is also a great strategist. He leads his teams to success and strives to do his best in all things. His other teammates look up to him as if he was an older brother.

History: Static grew up in a happy and tight-knit family. They always looked out for each other. Static was the youngest of the family. His brother was a Luxray had gone out and started his own pack. His mother and father had been a part of an exploration team. Static joined the team because he was just bored. He wanted to help out others. He felt that this could not go on and he vowed to do whatever he had in order to prevent the destruction of the world.

Moveset: Spark and Growl

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Name: Tommy (Tom)

Species: Riolu

Appearence: Tom is like a normal Riolu. Except he wears a red-blue scarf on his neck and holds a bag on his waist. It contains his wooden doll.

Personality: Tom is cheerful and jolly, but he thinks he is very lonely most of the times. He usually tries to make people laugh, but usually fails. Tom gets easily worked up if someone bullies him, but he tries to control the anger inside him.

History: Tom was born in the Treasure Town, but her mother, Alice, died while giving birth to his only son. Tom grew up with his very harsh father, Pete. When Tom turned 12, his father send him to a Pokemon school. It didn't go well, because everyone bullied and teased him. He left his home with his Charmander friend, James, to explore the world. When Tommy turned 14, James got tired of the travelling and left him. Tom didn't take it anymore in the middle of nowhere and collapsed. He was then found and was taken to the hospital. There, he got a trainer for him, but the trainer was really bossy and then Tom attacked the trainer and ran away, to this city, where we are now.

(All this was written with the Wii! *awesomeface*)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Name: Buford "Kreep" Killigan

Species: Bellsprout

Appearance: Kreep is slightly taller than your average bellsprout, and also about twice as thick. His bell shaped head is dotted with two beady eyes that are almost always watery, and ends in his enourmous mouth. Kreep has a problem with salivating, and since he doesn't have an actual way to close his mouth, the ground around him can sometimes get a bit sticky. Around his neck is a black, spiked collar that can add to his thuggish appearance. The leaves that act as Kreep's hands are also unusually large, but they lack the sharpness that is necessary to use moves such as razor leaf or leaf blade. However, he does wear a set of spiked bracelets, in the same style as the one he wears around his neck, that are tailored to fit onto Kreep's leaves.

Personality: Kreep isn't a very energetic pokemon, period. Even during an urgent situation, he will take his time and lumber along at his own pace. Still, he doesn't try to slow others down and does his best to at least keep up. It's just that hurrying isn't something he does best. However, what Kreep can do is obey orders to the letter and smash heads that need "sthmashin". Due to his speech problem, drool, and less than average intelligence, Kreep is very insecure. He usually shows this insecurity by getting a laugh at others suffering or ineptitude. However, underneath his bully-like countanence is a true friend. Kreep will do anything for people he cares about (unless it involves breaking the rules), and would never betray anyone's trust. Unselfishness is another one of Kreep's good traits that usually doesn't get a chance to shine, since people usually don't ask anything of him for fear of getting beat up on. After all, Kreep is very easily provoked and can find insults even if they weren't intended. At the police academy, Kreep's jobs are usually with someone higher up to offset his need for instruction to function properly. Although this has given him little problem solving skills, it has let him go on tougher missions that have increased his battle prowess.

History: Kreep is from a very large family, with sixteen sisters and nine brothers. However, his family had the money to afford it, along with a mansion and maids to keep the kids occupied and out of trouble... Usually. Kreep's father is a parasect who is a successful lawyer, while his mother is a victreebel and works in buisness. Kreep was their favorite child, and usually got whatever he asked for. However, this didn't "spoil" his personality. What it did do was make him see little reason to care about education, as his parents supported him in everything he did anyway and couldn't be happier with him. However, Kreep's low IQ did cause him to fall in with a tougher croud. Although he "shnever dit anyshing wrongth", Kreep did begin to get into fights around the neighborhood. This caused the once well liked bellsprout to become more than a few people's enemy. Since few could beat Kreep in a fight, they took advantage of his low wit and teased and ridiculed him. Eventually, Kreep only had one or two good friends left, and had become a regular bully. Kreep's parents, still believing their favorite son to be a good kid in every way, did see the need to send him to a type of boot camp/reform school. After a summer of going there, Kreep left with a lot more respect for rules and better behavior. However, he still kept a lot of his brutish characteristics and got in the stray fight or two every once in a while. After joining the police force, since no other jobs let him "sthmash" heads, Kreep was eventually chosen to be on the force that had the task of imprisoning Darkrai once again.

Moveset: Vine Whip, Leech Life (egg move from parasect ;D )

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Just as a notice, the OOC thread is up so you all can go ahead and post there too!

Rockman0: There are a few things wrong with yours. First off, there are no more exploration teams, only police squads made up of pokemon that fight with guns and aim rather than moves and levels, so your history needs some editing. Also, your appearance is a bit too short. Declined.

Riolufan112: You also have problems. The appearance and presonality sections are to small and your history seems a bit too er, tragic to be true. In addtion, your grammar isn't very good and you mentioned a trainer in your history- this is the PMD world, there are no humans. You are declined. (Two declines in a row, I must be feeling evil today >;D)

The Bringer!: All right, your SU is up! NIce character too- creative and highly possible. Accepted.

Missingno.7-4468: Um, skitty? I don't know what to say... skitty is a pretty difficult pokemon and I need an excellent roleplayer to cover it... nah I'm kidding. Reserved!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Just as a notice, the OOC thread is up so you all can go ahead and post there too!

Rockman0: There are a few things wrong with yours. First off, there are no more exploration teams, only police squads made up of pokemon that fight with guns and aim rather than moves and levels, so your history needs some editing. Also, your appearance is a bit too short. Declined.

Riolufan112: You also have problems. The appearance and presonality sections are to small and your history seems a bit too er, tragic to be true. In addtion, your grammar isn't very good and you mentioned a trainer in your history- this is the PMD world, there are no humans. You are declined. (Two declines in a row, I must be feeling evil today >;D)

The Bringer!: All right, your SU is up! NIce character too- creative and highly possible. Accepted.

Missingno.7-4468: Um, skitty? I don't know what to say... skitty is a pretty difficult pokemon and I need an excellent roleplayer to cover it... nah I'm kidding. Reserved!

Yeah, well, I did write it in a hurry AND with the Wii, so yeah, no **** I have bad grammar and the personality and all that are short. But oh well, I already have a spot in another PMD Roleplay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back