• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- The New Age [Pg 13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    Rokan did not offer a particularly enthusiastic response to anyone who came in. She knew none of them, and none of them knew her, so there was no real reason to be thrilled about nothing. She did, however, watch them all carefully so as to get some idea of who they were. Of course it was far too soon to really understand what kind of Pokemon they all were. There were always personality quirks hiding deep beneath the surface that wouldn't display themselves for quite a while. But she was in the process of learning them, and doing quite well, so she thought.

She listened to the introductions given but provided none of her own, besides a slight nod of her head. Until she knew their rank she would not know how to address them, whether to do so as a superior or as an equal, so she kept her mouth shut to prevent faux pas. Speaking of paws she glanced down at hers and realized her fur was slightly messy. Furrowing her brow she set to smoothing it out with her tails, swishing them over her legs and such. She had found that using her silky tail fur was not only a good way to make sure her fur stayed flat but also beneficial for the tails as well, as it oiled them with her natural skin oil, causing the fur to gleam brighter. In summation yes, she was a tough girl, but she was still a Vulpix and it was only natural for a Vulpix to have some interest in looking lovely.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Kreep eventually strolled over to a chair, taking a seat at the table. He was annoyed at how quiet it was. Having expected the rest of the officers to be chatty, he hadn't really bothered to get ready for talking. So, there he sat, looking over to the wooper, who was still absorbed in the map, the numel who seemed to be deep in thought, and a growlithe. Kreep felt his anger rise, realizing that he was the only plant oriented 'mon there, while two had the ability to use fire. Just then, a nervous looking vulpix entered the room, without a word. Kreep was starting to get really annoyed. Great, fire types and silence. The bellsprout tapped his leaves on the table, feeling the urge to do something. Just then, as he was about to stand up, another 'mon entered the room. It was an elekid, who stated that his name was Shierk. Of course, he also had the nickname Sparx. Typical electric types. However, Kreep did realize that he hadn't even notice another electric type that must have entered the room a while ago, a magnemite. Kreep ignored the magnet 'mon and got out of his chair, towards the elekid, who was now talking with the growlithe from earlier. He shoved his way in front of the growlithe, which wasn't too hard. The fire type seemed to be feeling sad or something, because its head was down. Kreep hadn't tried to do it, but he felt some of his saliva drop from his mouth, right onto the growlithe. Not bothering to apologize (after all, it was an accident) he continued up to Sparx, standing over the elekid. "Heyth there, Shparth." Kreep said, putting emphasis on the nickname. However, this just made him angrier as he couldn't pronounce it correctly. "I'mff Kreepth, ersh.... Kr...ee...p! Yesh, thatsh it, Kreep! And you beshter knowth what youf doingshth! Thishf place ish getting crowthded, and they'll probabffly take a few peopshle off thish project. I shdon't knowf for shure, but I'd shay that thomeone named Shparth ish going to hold ush backth... Anyshways, it'sf shnice thoo meet shyoo, Shparth," Kreep was surprised at how far he'd gone, but at least now he was less annoyed. He wiped a large amount of spit off his mouth and outstreatched his leaf for a hand shake with the elekid. Kreep then looked behind him, seeing how the other pokemon would react to this. Maybe that was a little too much... But... I was pretty angry...

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    Miska walked into the hallway not know what to expect. All she remembered about where to go was that there was something about a door. There were lots of doors though, so she looked around. I really should listen more, she thought to herself, They hired me for some reason, so I should get better at things. At times, she had hated her ignorance. She always had an excuse, but she had a very hard time paying attention sometimes.

About a door ahead, she heard a slam, which she took as a door closing. Maybe that's the right door, she told herself, hoping that it wasn't just some random officer, Might as well try it, there's nothing to lose. She walked up to the door, which was on the left side of the hallway, about two doors down. She stopped for a moment, getting her thoughts together.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door, only to see quite a group was gathered already. Right in front of her, a Growlithe and an Elekid were talking. She saw that the Growlithe seemed a little sad. She also noticed a Bellsprout walking back to a chair, seeming slightly annoyed. A Magnemite was sitting in a chair - was sitting the right word? - She didn't think about that too long, and noticed a Numel somewhat alone, a Wooper studying the map in the room, and a Vulpix sprucing itself up.

"H-hello?" she said to nobody in particular as she came in, not wanting to appear anti-social, "M-my name is, is Miska, but I am u-usually c-called Missy..." She tried not to appear afraid, but she knew that it was not quite working. Hopefully they won't notice how nervous I am.

((WOW that seemed longer.))

Last edited:

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Barl watched the Bellsprout shove his (slight) weight around while he drooled over everything in sight. He couldn't imagine what his problem was--how could a name tell you anything about a person? A name didn't mean anything until you knew what the thing was that it meant. Sort of thing.

Sparx or Sheirk or whatever he was was an Elekid, in Barl's mind, but there was a long blank page after that for the rest of the definition.

Just like for this Kreep. Though the first meanings added to the list were "angry" and "confrontational". Barl wondered what the Elekid would do.

A Skitty entered, distracting him from the plant vs electric showdown. Skitties could be jumpy things, but it was because they were alert, usually. This one seemed a little distractable. She didn't scan the room like a seasoned cop, her gaze darted around, more like.

Might as well respond to a general greeting, he supposed. "Hi," he said, as before. "Barl," he added, putting one forefoot against his chest. True that he hadn't introduced himself til now.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Mack was having an awkward time at the table. It was used to being quiet, but being quiet in front of everyone that it yet doesn't know is really something. Everyone seemed to do something to occupy their time, but it remained seated and didn't say a word. From what Mack can tell, everybody had taken notice of the map on the wall, which seemed to have rings circling around locations. But the Whooper seemed to be most interested in it, which may have given Mack the idea that the Whooper came first.

While Mack waited, two others arrived, an Elekid and a Skitty. Elekid, despite being Mack's type, was more sociable than the others. Skitty, who recently came in, seemed to act a little nervous, but it wasn't sure. What really grabbed it's attention was the Bellsprout, who seemed to have some trouble with his speech. Mack knew how he felt, during its school days, others criticized it of having a long vocabulary.

Mack though it was a little illogical that everyone was to meet here if the leader was not to be here yet. Was he late, or simply waiting for everyone to arrive?

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    There was only one word that could describe what Rani happened to be thinking as the aptly named creep of a Bellsprout more or less spat on her: 'Eww.'
    However much she was trying to become more tolerant of those she was prejudiced against, she was a Growlithe, and she was not going to have this insolent, annoying stupid Grass Type dribble on her head and not apologise for it!
    ... But she was not going to make a scene, either. She picked up her head and stood up, then softly poked the Bellsprout's thin body.
    "Excuse me, Kreep?" she asked, trying to keep her air of fury and pride out of her voice, "One, please refrain from dribbling on your fellow recruits quite so unceremoniously. Two, please remember that in order for dear 'Sparx' here to have been chosen for this quest of ours, he must have done something really quite spectacular, just as I'm sure everyone in this room..." she allowed a bit of pride to snake its way into her voice, "Even you, must have. So please, let's not judge each other on our names, hmm?"
    Even as she spoke, Rani was well aware of the huge hypocrisy of her words. Still, she was trying, so this 'Kreep' figure should, too.
    "After all, we are to be a team, right?"
    She then took a step back, should the Bellsprout become confrontational with her, too (or just perhaps because she didn't want to be dribbled on again...), but in doing so happened to accidentally kick the leg of the Skitty who had just entered the room. Rani quickly turned to look at her. "Sorry... Missy?" she apologised. "I thought the door was further away."
    Well, at least this Pokemon was shorter than her, or would be until she sat on one of the seats. Rani smiled apologetically at the small Pokemon, then turned back around to wait for Kreep's reaction to her rebuking.
    'Darn,' she thought. 'I really didn't want to make myself any enemies within the first five minutes of the quest, and I've already acted less than friendly towards two other Pokemon. Darn.'

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk stared at the Bellsprout that just spoke to him. How dare this weed make fun of him. Yeah, he was glad Rani stood up for him but still! Getting an itchy finger, Shierk began to reach fur his electric pistol in his holster but he stopped himself. The bellsprout was right about it getting crowded and he might be right about pokemon being booted off. The last thing Shierk wanted to do was cause a scene.

Shierk leaned in towards the bellsprout, the x scar on his face making him look furious. "Hello Kreep. It's very nice to meet you." He said this in a friendly tone as he leaned closer to the Bellsprout. then when his face was an inch away from Kreep, he whispered "Back off."

As Shierk walked away from Kreep, he began plotting. then he whispered under his breath "I'm gonna prank him good." Shierk noticed that there were a few new additions to the room. he said hello to them and he went to lean against a wall.

Strikit

Years
    Even more new Pokemon entered the room. 'How many are there?' she wondered, head tilted slightly as she left her paw and tails alone. They were fine now; were she to fuss over them anymore she would only put hairs out of place. Really, how many Pokemon could this team possibly need? True, they were to be facing Darkrai, but it didn't make any sense to her to bring all of these young officers in. It made even less sense to bring that Bellsprout in. Kreep might have been his name, but she wasn't sure, for she hadn't been paying enough attention to know. He seemed altogether confrontational, incapable of controlling his saliva drip, and unintelligent. She'd always tried not to judge on appearances, especially growing up in a litter that was almost half Psyduck. When there was a small army of headache-stricken ducks running around you learned to just deal with flaws and never expect the flaws to make up who someone was. At the same time, if the thing spit on her she'd have to Ember it.

The dramatics brewing in the room were getting on her last nerve. In an attempt to draw attention away from Shierk and Kreep she jumped down from her chair, crossed the room to where they were, and jumped up in another chair.

"Good day," she said simply. She'd never been a pro at starting conversations with people she didn't know, but she was going to try anyway. For one thing, she didn't want guns to start firing. And for another thing this mission would most likely go more smoothly if everyone wasn't at each others' throats. She hoped to help orchestrate that necessary peace.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Kreep grinned at Sparx, as the elekid threateningly whisped to him "back off," with an angered look on his face. The bellsprout just smiled, letting a little saliva ooze from his mouth. The elekid didn't scare him, as he could easily sponge any electrical attacks Spax threw at him. Kreep felt like he had won that, and grew substantiously less frustrated.

As for the growlithe he had slightly knocked aside on his way to Sparx, the insulted looking pokemon marched right up to him. "Excuse me, Kreep? One, please refrain from dribbling on your fellow recruits quite so unceremoniously. Two, please remember that in order for dear Sparx here to have been chosen for this quest of ours, he must have done something really quite spectacular, just as I'm sure everyone in this room, even you, must have. So please, let's not judge each other on our names, hmm? After all, we are a team, right?" the growlithe finished, stepping back a bit from Kreep.

He wasn't exactly sure what some of the words she had used meant (they were pretty big), but he did know that the fire type was very peeved with him. She even had the nerve to point out his drool! Of course, he had got some of it on her... "Oh, shdon'th worry, I'mf shnot here thoo makesh any enshimies," said Kreep, keeping the dopey grin on his face. "Eshpeciallthly wish suchth a cute lithle thing shlike yourthelf. Whath was shyour nameth again? I shnever managed thoo catch ish," the bellsprout continued, feeling fairly certain that the growlithe was quite repulsed by him. Still, she was fairly cute, even if he did only say that to get her annoyed. Before the growlithe could respond, the vulpix walked up to them and gave a polite hello. "Hellsho, theresh. I'mf sho shorry about Shparth's shway ofth acshting. Shome peopthle jusht don't hath anshy manners," Kreep finished, looking over to make sure the elekid had heard. At first he had just been annoyed, but after that little threat, he wasn't too sure he liked the elekid. Still, he was feeling a lot calmer now and decided that he could be a bit nicer. He waited to see how the growlithe and vulpix would respond.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    It was all Rani could do not to actually shudder after the Bellsprout had called her cute, but hey, at least he was being friendly. Well, to her, anyway. Still, boys and their fights. She didn't want to get involved.
    "My name is Rani," she replied to Kreep. "Hello." She managed to muster a friendly smile, then walked over to stand (because she wasn't going to sit on those human chairs) nearer to the Vulpix from before, and nodded at her in greeting. "Good day to you too, Vulpix. Care to tell me your name? You know, it's funny, I always had Vulpix down as more the type of Pokemon who entered beauty contests than went to fight evil beings... Still!" she cried, keeping her voice friendly. "Perhaps that means you can bring a spot of-" Rani glanced back at the repulsive Kreep - "Decorum to the group. Nice to meet you."

Rani smiled up in a friendly way at the Vulpix, hoping she had made a good first impression on the Pokemon in the room who was almost as impressive as a Growlithe.

Strikit

Years
    After hearing Kreep speak, Rokan was glad she'd decided to be at least civil with him. She hadn't decided yet whether she liked or disliked him, but he seemed like someone she wouldn't want to dislike her. He was large for a Bellsprout, and though she had the type advantage she didn't like to use her elemental attacks. She was quite poor at them and had never quite learned how not to burn her tongue when she used Ember. So it would come down to sheer brute strength, which was not something her species was known for.

She then turned her attention to the Growlithe as she spoke. Rani, she thought she'd heard her introduce herself to Kreep. As Rani began her introduction Rokan felt self-righteousness simply drip off of her words. Instead of being offended, however, it took effort for her not to show mirth in her expression. Her mother had been exactly the same way, and the resemblance was striking. What the root of Rani's belief was that she was supreme, Rokan couldn't know. But it was funny to her all the same.

"It's Rokan," she responded. "I've never believed in beauty contests. Judging someone by the quality of their paws, the shape of their ears, and the form of their muzzle is simply barbaric. Besides, as you may have noticed, I'm not exactly suited." She waved a paw nonchalantly to her flopped ear. "It's been that way since birth. A judge may think it a flaw, but I think of it as something that makes me recognizable as Rokan."

With that mentioned, she thought the idea of her bringing aesthetic appeal to the group was laughable. After all, there was the issue of her ear, the fact that her tails were streaked with white, not yet the luscious orange color they would become, and the scars that her neck fur hid from view. But she wasn't going to tell Rani she was wrong.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    It was strange; Rani hadn't really noticed the drooping ear before, but now Rokan mentioned it, it did look a little odd. Still, looks weren't really what mattered (unless she had looked like a filthy, ragged, pathetic excuse for what could be a very majestic Pokemon, which this Vulpix did not).
    "Hmm..." Rani agreed. "Perhaps a beauty contest wouldn't be the correct place for you after all... N-Not that it matters, of course!" Rani added hurriedly, for fear of being misuderstood. "I didn't mean that beauty contests were all Vulpix are good for, only that it seems most Vulpix do enter them. Oh, and I agree. Judging someone simply on their looks, or their name-" she glanced pointedly over at Kreep, "Or their-" she looked down at her paws "Species," she muttered quietly to herself, "Is simply horrid!" she finished brightly, lifting her head back up. "Though I'm sure no one means any harm in it-" she cut herself off, sighing. "In any case, I think having one small defect is good. Perhaps it could remind us not to be so judgemental of others... I sometimes wish I wasn't so darn perfect looking..." she had begun to let her voice droop again, but suddenly sat back on her hind legs and waved her paws in front of her apologetically. "Not that you don't look good, Rokan, because you do, I just meant- Oh, dear. I don't know what I mean..."
    Rani sighed, smiling up at Rokan apologetically. "Sorry."

Strikit

Years
    As it turned out, Rani was quite amusing. It seemed that every other sentence she stumbled over herself, saying something she thought would offend, then backtracking and uttering yet another faux pas. It was simply lovely. At least Rokan knew she wouldn't be bored here. Between the comment about her ear, then her career, then species, the Vulpix determined that Rani had probably not grown up in a very diverse litter. Both parents were likely Growlithe or Arcanine, as well as all her siblings. But that didn't mean she was any more or less good than any of the others. She just needed some exposure.

"How does your foot taste?" she asked with a faint smile. "If you don't mind me saying, you would benefit from relaxing just a little bit. Be you, say what you think, and don't worry about anyone else. Because those who are worth it won't mind. That's the secret to happiness, I think. I don't know, I could easily be wrong, but I'm certainly happier for it."

She shook her head, causing her ear to flop a little. Her forelock was getting in her eyes and driving her crazy. That was one of her least favorite things about being a Vulpix, including her many tails. Her forelock always seemed to be in her eyes and her tails always seemed to be under her feet, tripping her up when she was trying to run fast.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Kreep grinned as he heard Rani, the growlithe, stumbling over her speach. Deciding that he should get to know more of the recruits (so far the only names he knew where Sparx, Rokan, and Rani), Kreep walked over to a magnemite he saw, still at one of the chairs. It had been silent so far, so Kreep was hoping that the pokemon wouldn't be one of the usually spazzy electric types. "Heysh there, magshnimiteth. Whysh haven'th you shaid anythingth? Afraidsh or shomething?" Kreep said, trying to get the magnet pokemon to talk. He wiped some of the spit off his lips with his leaf, deciding that he should be a little more careful with it this time. He took the time to study the different people around the place. There was the wooper, still absorbed in the map. He didn't know anything about her. Sparx, who was sulking in a corner. Kreep just knew that that guy would be trouble for him later. Whether it was his fault or not, Kreep didn't want to think about. A numel and skitty were having a conversation a little ways off. The numel seemed to break the mold of most of his species by looking like a deep thinker. The skitty, on the other hand, had made a fairly clumsy entrance. Whether this was something that would happen often he didn't know. Then, of course, there were Rani and Rokan, the two fire types seemed to be getting along well. Kreep wondered whether they would be friends or enemies. They were all on the same team, but Kreep had, regrettably, proven that they don't all have to get along.

Last edited:

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Rani laughed quietly and hit herself on the head with her right paw.
    "Goodness me, have I been sounding that odd?" she asked playfully. "Just wanted to make a good impression, I guess!" She stopped giggling and grinned at Rokan. "I guess I've been a little odd, huh? Thanks, Rokan."

Rani glanced around at her other recruits. "I wonder if there are many more to come..." she wondered out loud. "It's odd; I've never worked with so many Pokemon before. I was always assigned to one or two Pokemon at a time. It'll be weird working in a team for the first time in my life..."

As she thought about this, Rani noticed Kreep go and try to get the attention of the Magnemite that had entered rather quietly. She hoped he wasn't out to pick a fight with all the Electric Types. If this was what working in a team would be like, then she wasn't sure she wouldn't rather just continue working with one or two vulnerable citizens...

Rani looked back at Rokan. "You said your ear made you recognisable as Rokan. Do you have many other siblings?"

Missingno.7-4468

Years
    Miiska hardly even noticed that the Growlithe - Rani, she believed - tripped over her. When she apologised, Miska simply replied "No problem" very quietly. She really didn't mind, she wasn't hurt in any way. She wasn't about to let anything really offend her, it was still only a meeting, and a first one at that.

She heard a deeper voice somewhere to the side of her, "Hi," it had said, "Barl." She looked around, and noticed that the voice came from the Numel. Walking up, she greeted him. "H-hello," she had said, not really knowing what to say, "As you may have h-heard, my name is M-miska, but you can call me M-Missy, everyone does."

Just then, she had noticed that the Bellsprout, whom she thaught was named Kreep, started talking to another Pokemon, the Magnemite sitting in the chair. He doesn't seem too nice, she thought, Maybe I shouldn't talk to him much.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    "Missy," Barl repeated, after the Skitty came over, and smiled a little. Since she'd actually come right over, he kept talking. "So, guess you dunno what's up here either. Real bunch'a characters all together, though, huh. What kinda thing are you good at?" he asked. He raised a foot to tap his police shield where it hung around his neck. "Beat cop, one of the industrial sectors. I fight good, mostly. Ain't a detective or nothing."

He inclined his head at the chair next to him, so she knew she could sit there if she felt like it. "Never worked on no big team before. You done that? If this is supposed to be like that, it seems like a lotta noise, so far, not much else."

Strikit

Years
    Rokan stumbled a bit at an inquisition about her family. It was a subject she mentioned often, but didn't enjoy attention being called to her siblings, simply because of Samrin. "I have two sisters and four - I mean, three - brothers," she said carefully. Despite her effort, however, she still mentioned Samrin as though he were alive. She would just have to continue on as though she'd made a numerical error, nothing more, nothing less.

"My father was a Psyduck and my mother was a Vulpix, which is why I can use Disable. So there were some of each in my siblings. I'm more like my dad, I think. I'm imperfect and proud of it. My sisters are absolutely perfect, and both are Vulpix, so there's no doubt they're going to be contest winners. But that life never appealed to me. I always got along better with my brothers."

All that said, she thought she'd probably spoken enough about her family to get off the subject.

"What about you? Any siblings?"

Missingno.7-4468

Years
    "Well," Miska started, she liked talking about what she liked, "I'm very good with history. In fact, I just about know the entire story of Darkrai by heart. I know all kinds of other stories as well, and that is what I believe I was hired for." Just then, she started to doubt heself, I believe that I have good ability despite that though." Now, she barely even knew what she was saying. Miska had never thought of this before now, and it came as a shock to her. "They alwaays say history repeats itself, so I'll know what we need to do."

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Barl thought about what Missy had said. It made good sense to him. "Sounds real smart, Missy," he told her. "Pokemon definitely do that too. Lotta crooks are the same jerks over an' over again. But I guess it works for big things too." No wonder this little Skitty was so nervous and darty. Lots of time real smart people were like that because their brains were always thinking about something.

"Bet you got more knowledge in one hair than I got in my whole self," he commented, ducking a bit in amusement. He knew his own limits, and wasn't too bothered by him. He was a little envious of how some people could know so many different things, though. He knew the law, for sure, and he knew fighting, but science and history and numbers and all those things? Good thing there were smart Skitties around for that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back