• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
  • Cool, can't wait to see them :3
    I'm not too good at mapping towns, only routes really (plus towns are boring to me), but a bunch of my friends love doing it, so they do some for me. I may ask them to do this one...or you even!
    If you want starly look in the rom hacking resource section.I have a starly pack in there.
    I looked at it, and i think i can make a good event or two using those! Of coarse if i do, i will give you credit! Just wondering, do you by any chance have a staravia + staraptor indexed sprites? If not its ok, i just won't make starly catchable.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm not too good at mapping towns, only routes really (plus towns are boring to me), but a bunch of my friends love doing it, so they do some for me. I may ask them to do this one...or you even!

What an Irony, I love towns but I hate doing routes >:3

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
    Years
  • Yes infact I do.But like the starly the feet and beak are yellow not orange.Not to much of a difference though.Also there is 1 side effect to the starly backsprite.It has a grey beak and also when the sprite moves up and down in battle it looks to small and cut off.You are free to make modifications to it.Ill try get the cry for it.Ill post the staravia sprites in a few minutes because they are on my computer.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    wow, that is irony! I will ask you if i ever need a town mapped (not this one, i asked someone already). I'm actually really good at routes, just i can't seem to make towns/cities well. The whole house thing makes me shiver lol!
    You really just need an eye for house placement, and you have to know some of the basic rules...( Pokemarts and Pokemon Centers should never be placed side by side, 6 people outside in town maximum, ect )

Lol!
    I like to map everything!

lookin' good man!
    Hope for the best!
    Oh Blaziken, you and your perilous ways

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    Game looks good can't wait till beta comes out
    I was thinking r u going to make all pokemon have their d/p sprites or leave them the way they r in f/l

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Lol!
    I like to map everything!

lookin' good man!
    Hope for the best!
    lol, i know! Your a good mapper too!
    Yes infact I do.But like the starly the feet and beak are yellow not orange.Not to much of a difference though.Also there is 1 side effect to the starly backsprite.It has a grey beak and also when the sprite moves up and down in battle it looks to small and cut off.You are free to make modifications to it.Ill try get the cry for it.Ill post the staravia sprites in a few minutes because they are on my computer.
    Cool! i can make some cool events with them, since they come with the OW!
    Once again, credit will be givin to you. I can care less about the beak color, i actually like it better that color :)
    You really just need an eye for house placement, and you have to know some of the basic rules...( Pokemarts and Pokemon Centers should never be placed side by side, 6 people outside in town maximum, ect )
    Yeah, i have never heard those rules lol, that's probably why XD

Game looks good can't wait till beta comes out
    I was thinking r u going to make all pokemon have their d/p sprites or leave them the way they r in f/l

Well, if i changed every sprite to its D/P, i would probably go blind from all the work that would take. Its also pretty uneeded, why does it matter? I'd have to index everyone, and then insert them all...all 386, lol!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • You really just need an eye for house placement, and you have to know some of the basic rules...( Pokemarts and Pokemon Centers should never be placed side by side, 6 people outside in town maximum, ect )
    Yeah I have that.....
    I think lol!

Also sometimes I put the PC next to the Mart.....
    Lol!

Oh Blaziken, you and your perilous ways
    Lol!

lol, i know! Your a good mapper too!
    Thanks buddy!

Cool! i can make some cool events with them, since they come with the OW!
    Once again, credit will be givin to you. I can care less about the beak color, i actually like it better that color :)
    Well I can't wait for that man!
    I'm sure It'll be a good one!

Yeah, i have never heard those rules lol, that's probably why XD
    Don't feel bad,
    I haven't either!
    Lol!

Well, if i changed every sprite to its D/P, i would probably go blind from all the work that would take. Its also pretty uneeded, why does it matter? I'd have to index everyone, and then insert them all...all 386, lol!
    Ohmygosh!
    Lol!
    Wow dude that would take......
    FOREVER!

I don't blame ya' for not doing it!

I don't think anybody would do that.
    Lol!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • ok everyone, i changed my mind, i'm going to map this city myself, and see how everyone likes it...
    I may not be able to do much today though, i'm pretty busy, and i have school tomorrow, but maybe i can fit some time in.

@callydude: perfect! an OW and menu icon would be greatly appreciated!
    Question: Which pokemon have the same pallete as starly, staravia, and starapter?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Itman i know how the person a couple pages back thought it sounded familiar. The darkball is the item the evil dude in movie four uses

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Wow great hack i will keep my eyes on this one. Keep up the good work.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Update: I'm finished with another map, its the 3rd, Rocky City (name may change).
    ^^Suggestions are welcome^^

Note: I'm not done with scripting the first route, the second town, and the second route, I just made this ahead of myself.

Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

^^Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly!^^
    Note: On the left, where it is rather empty, I have a script planned there, so don't say anything about me needing to fill it in more.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • Update: I'm finished with another map, its the 3rd, Rocky City (name may change).
    ^^Suggestions are welcome^^

Note: I'm not done with scripting the first route, the second town, and the second route, I just made this ahead of myself.

Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

^^Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly!^^
    Note: On the left, where it is rather empty, I have a script planned there, so don't say anything about me needing to fill it in more.

I like how this hack is going currently, but one question:

How are you going to reach those buildings behind the Pokemon Center? Unless it's going to be scenery I don't really understand it.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • I like how this hack is going currently, but one question:

How are you going to reach those buildings behind the Pokemon Center? Unless it's going to be scenery I don't really understand it.

lol, i forgot to post my latest edition, with the stairs leading over there XD!!!
    Ignore it for now, lol!

Yeah, i made stairs going there normally.
    By tomorrow, i should have my script done for route 1, and i can move on to weather city :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back