• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Netplay

How many houses should there be in Littleroot(max)?

• Total voters

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • good idea. I could just find one online too or smth. You guys could just use your own fire red save too, because I tossed the same save file and mail idea.

EDIT: Ok I just made a decision that, in every town and city I'm making an apartment building. You can move into one if you want, because the maps inside them will already be made and the warps will go to the right places already and all you have to do is change the tiles and maybe dimesions and add a person. You can make a house, too, like before as long as you stay within the limitations.
    The cities in the game will probably have 1 larger one or 2 larger buildings.
    The towns will have probably one smaller building.
    The one in Pallet will be limited to a few people because it has to be small because Pallet is the smallest town in the game.
    In villages there should be a duplex,
    in towns there should be apartments,
    and cities have condos.
    Oh and another idea:
    What if you made a good size house and just
    let a bunch of people live in there as roommates?
    Sounds good to me....
    And it's realistic.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    In villages there should be a duplex,
    in towns there should be apartments,
    and cities have condos.
    Oh and another idea:
    What if you made a good size house and just
    let a bunch of people live in there as roommates?
    Sounds good to me....
    And it's realistic.
    Well every place is a town and city in the game, so it still is going to be all apartments in them, just towns have like 1 apartment building and cities have a couple of them or more. I did think of the roomates idea myself like a week ago but in the apartments. I could add houses like that but there would only be a few of them in the game. I don't know at the moment. I might start the mapping over just to implement more ideas. I'm not far in it anyways, so what could it hurt.

Would it possible to put my house in a route or should I just put it in a City?
    I was thinking of that at the start of this hack but idk if it would work out bc I don't want a route to be full of houses if a lot of people wanted them. Maybe, but a limit of a few houses, or like 2-3, on a route at once. It depends the route too. If I make a decision that we can I'll post a list of routes you can put your house.

i would love to be in this hack, if thats oright?
    thanx if i do get in
    ahah :)
    Yeah, you're on the list now. Why wouldn't you get in? I'm letting everyone in as long as the list doesn't get too long for us to handle.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Can i request a house in pallet town?
    You don't request a house.. I'll add you to the list though.
    You need to know how to map to do this bc u get the patch and add/hack ur house in

nice
    is there anything too doo?
    No when it gets to your turn just make your house using the newest patch

And just so u guys know I accidentially edited my fire red rom and had to delete it and I have dialup so I could redownload it but IE keeps ****ing up my download so I have to wait till I get it redownloaded to add my house, so it won't be too long I'll go try to download it right now =]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    i know how to make a house
    but not how to script it
    is making a house, all i have 2 do?

you don't have to make a script. I don't script, but to add and edit people I just use the offset from one person and put it on a new one, and use a script editor to edit the text. That's how I got me in my house when we were using ruby and what I do in my other hacks. So basically you just need to copy and paste the offset and have AText or a script editor to add a person/add people to your house, if you want to add them. You can just make a house if you want though. You need to have a sign still, so you still need to edit text on that. And when you're editing existing signs and people, take them from Sevii once the patch is up bc we're not using that to make our houses in so it's free to edit.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    hi can i have a house because i love the game

yeah i just added you and braverrichie to the list.

I downloaded the rom again last night but I'm going to something today so I won't be on but I'll work on that later tonight and add the apartments and what not.

I'm making some new banners so look out for those. The ones you guys use say particiant on them and mine will say creator.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I want a house... lol....
    yeah np you're 17 on the list now.

i just made the decision that now hotels and motels are going to be used instead. So cities have one or two hotels and small towns in the game have small motels. The whole look of the thread will be changed sometime soon I'm working on that as we speak.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    Hmm...haven't heard from this in a while...

Maybe people have forgotten about it...

Can't let that happen!

BUUUUUUUMP

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Hmm...haven't heard from this in a while...

Maybe people have forgotten about it...

Can't let that happen!

BUUUUUUUMP

yeah sorry about not putting up updates. thats for reviving it though lol. i'm still thinking of ways to work this out. I'm not so sure about hotels or apartments. I think I might just ONLY have apartments and drop the house idea, so no resizing of maps is required. idk for now.I'll go map and think of ideas. Any ideas on ur part?

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    Well...

You're already making a lot of changes (apartments, etc), but to make this hack REALLY popular, not only to the people who will be random NPC's (yay!) but also to those looking for a hack to play, I think you should also make gym battles different, some diff. maps and MAYBE some extra / diff. scripts...whaddya think?

BTW, I've decided that I want an apartment in Saffron!

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
  • Hrmm this is looking good.

Any chance of getting a house in Pewter?

Also i was wondering if i could insert my own sprites or not.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Well...

You're already making a lot of changes (apartments, etc), but to make this hack REALLY popular, not only to the people who will be random NPC's (yay!) but also to those looking for a hack to play, I think you should also make gym battles different, some diff. maps and MAYBE some extra / diff. scripts...whaddya think?

BTW, I've decided that I want an apartment in Saffron!

The idea is k but I don't think new changes like that rly would fit this or be needed. I just came up with a part storyline on the side. It just is going to be told by text edits. I don't really know about this, it can change, but maybe instead of having gary your rival would be your roommate? Or a trainer already in the game would be staying in a room your mom is renting you in your house? What I only got that idea from was instead of having apartments in pallet, seeing as it's so small, the alternative could just be that your mom has rooms for rent in your house. I'm mapping the rooms out right now, bc I'm using that rooms for rent idea at least, but not exactly that storyline. idk yet.

...And i already noticed that you wanted an apartment in saffron lol bc i saw ur sig in the post before this one. I need to make the rest of those banners btw. And I don't think I'm going to let ppl live on routes anymore, bc the banners are animated and it would take a LONG time to make banners for every route and city in the game, so I think we'll just stick to cities and towns. Or, the rest of the banners wouldn't be animated.

Hrmm this is looking good.

Any chance of getting a house in Pewter?

Also i was wondering if i could insert my own sprites or not.

Yeah, i'll put you on the list. You have to wait through a decent amount of people before yur turn comes up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Sounds like a good idea to me!

i'm making a new thread, if you didnt see the first post, so don't post on this one anymore. and mods close this if you see this. I just want to start fresh bc this thread was basically planning it out and all and the new thread will have a new look and is still going to have the same list so far, so don't worry about the line. It also will say where each person's house is or where they plan it to be. I'm basically abandoning this thread now for the new one. So don't post in this, again!

Back