• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
statnio said:
What The......! What has got to do with the release dates of the game????

Hmm, I can't think of any reason he would say that... some sort of joke? Anyways... this game can't be expected to frabricate over series of weeks. Many month's work (sometimes years) are required to achieve a presentable build of the game. Give it time.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
yes its not overnight stuff my hopes at having the battle system done by the 8th are far off and we have decied that i might have it finished in a week or two (the battle system that is not the entire game)
theres sytill heaps we want to add and some things that need tweaking but if your lucky we might have a speacial relaease of the game just for you guys to test out the battle system

Last edited:

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
jtc11 said:
Hmm, I can't think of any reason he would say that... some sort of joke? Anyways... this game can't be expected to frabricate over series of weeks. Many month's work (sometimes years) are required to achieve a presentable build of the game. Give it time.

OF COURSE IT WAS A JOKE!
THAT THREAD CLEARLY STATES NOT TO ASK FOR RELEASE DATES OR DEMOS OR TO BE BETA TESTERS! TRY READING THEM SOME TIME!

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
Dashiel said:
OF COURSE IT WAS A JOKE!
THAT THREAD CLEARLY STATES NOT TO ASK FOR RELEASE DATES OR DEMOS OR TO BE BETA TESTERS! TRY READING THEM SOME TIME!
CHRIST stop doing that. The only thing more annoying than random off topic post is people who feel its their personal responsibility to respond to EVERY off topic post you are wasting just as much if not more space and time by doin that you see the report button? USE IT WE HAVE MODS, geez.

I think I tell this to everyone who starts a new pokemon mmorpg, simplicity and functionality > eye candy and useless side features, as long as you keep it simple, I think you can make it I seen like 8 mmorpgs fall apart in Id say 6 years and its usually due to them trying too hard to keep up with all the little request, as someone who genuinely wants to see you succeed Im tellin you screw the request, people want stuff like malls and a million customizable characters n crap because they dont understand how difficult gettin the game mechanics right is. I have been working with another group of people putting a 3d pokemon mmo together I specialize in strategy and game mechanics if you want a new crew memeber let me know

good luck ;)

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
thanks very much for the offer of a crew member
but seeing that i got woken up at some ungodly hour of the morning (**** tsunami)
im actually midly surprised we have internet i thought the phone lines might be over run with calls like(were all going to die!) etc
but what can you do
im real busy today and tired which is probaly going to put me a day or 2 behind schedual
anyway we would love for you to join the team therews still loads of hard work to be done
so we appreciate all the input from you people here at the forum

blacksprite out

statnio

Pokemon Online(Head Moderater)
Years
lol i slept through the tsunami warning!
welcome 2 da team Naas02

Last edited:

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Judgeing by the posts you have shown, THe size of the gameHDC and the font and colour of the text on the maps and that your coging this in visual basic id say your using mirage i have had 6 years of experiance with mmorpg development and i can usually tell a MS project when i see one :D not to say that anything is wrong with MS some of the most fruitful mmorpgs we have today were made with mirage :D forever winds online, eve 2 :D ect

just to let you all know Mirage Soruce aka MS is an open soruce mmorpg engine for visual baisc
playerworlds a basic mmorpg engine n00bs use is made from mirage soruce not many people use it but mirage soruce in its self is very good and has produced many mmorpg engines such as
ELysum
DBugged
Deloria ect

Hope your game progresses well if you ever need some coding help :) dont be afraid to pm me :D ive worked on many sucessfull mmorpgs :) and have extensive knolage in VB.C++.and c# both .net and Studio 6 :)

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
Naas02 said:
CHRIST stop doing that. The only thing more annoying than random off topic post is people who feel its their personal responsibility to respond to EVERY off topic post you are wasting just as much if not more space and time by doin that you see the report button? USE IT WE HAVE MODS, geez.

I'll stop once THEY start to read the rules.
I know I'm being off topic but I DON'T CARE.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
Years
Hey, quick character set update. We now have 42 different characters inputted into the game, 6% of overall characters to be inputted.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
whitesprite said:
Hey, quick character set update. We now have 42 different characters inputted into the game, 6% of overall characters to be inputted.
nice work keep them comming
must have taken you awhile but im glad to see them coming along nicely

does anyone no where i can get some battle chars (the ones when you see the oppistie trainer) this will be for a new feature im adding right now and the graphics are the only thing holding me up in this part

a reply to; rm2kdev

as far as i no this is not made in mirage
although geologic did use alot of code from existing engines
but alot of the stuff his his own work
i think he may have used some stuff for like a template a guideline

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Dashiel said:
I'll stop once THEY start to read the rules.
I know I'm being off topic but I DON'T CARE.

I didn't break the rules, my thread contained relevant information and it was the post before mine that went offtopic. Your thread was entirely in direct response to my post, not his. Other people breaking rules does not justify you, as a much more regular member, to break them as well (and on a more frequent basis). Grow up.

That's great! Does this mean that there is 42 functional sprites that one could choose to be? What all does it include? The walking/running/biking animations, etc?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Dashiel said:
OF COURSE IT WAS A JOKE!
Calm down, please. ^^; I'm pretty sure it states in the rules not to yell~

Blacksprite, don't spam.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
jtc11 said:
I didn't break the rules, my thread contained relevant information and it was the post before mine that went offtopic. Your thread was entirely in direct response to my post, not his. Other people breaking rules does not justify you, as a much more regular member, to break them as well (and on a more frequent basis). Grow up.

That's great! Does this mean that there is 42 functional sprites that one could choose to be? What all does it include? The walking/running/biking animations, etc?

This does not sound very good at all. You want us to help you get money by giving you false advertisement clicks that some company is paying for? Make your money legit... domain's aren't that expensive. It'll only cost you like 10$ tops.

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
jtc11 said:
This does not sound very good at all. You want us to help you get money by giving you false advertisement clicks that some company is paying for? Make your money legit... domain's aren't that expensive. It'll only cost you like 10$ tops.

Could be more. I see no reason why you cant click on the adds,
you want to support them dont you? One or two measly adds wont take up much of your time.

Dont forget Blacksprite is only 16, he might not have many ways of making money. Think about it.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Dashiel said:
Could be more. I see no reason why you cant click on the adds,
you want to support them dont you? One or two measly adds wont take up much of your time.

Dont forget Blacksprite is only 16, he might not have many ways of making money. Think about it.

its ok if people dont like it so i decided to remove it

oh and im 17 this saturday

well in 40 mins
its 11:20 here friday

new feature,
when you click on someone in game the little boc to your left displays their information
name trainer id and if they are looking for a battle

but if people want to support us its completly up to them heres the link agen
if you dont know what to do when you get there all you have to do is click some add links
click
remember you dont have to
well that ^ should solve the problem of me spamming cos its up to you

if anyone still thinks that its still imoral please post you opinions
admins if this is still spamming please contact me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back