• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    hmm...U do illegal game?Oh...
    If u want to do good game do all by you or get permission from real person who do it.
    idea is good...but its cheating.

anyway good luck(only if u start make it by urself)

thx , Matt.

Years
  • Myth Buster, do not swear. It is against community rules. Oh, and having some work done on the battlesystem does not mean that it currently runs.

And Matt, please speak so people can understand you.

Anyway, keep working on this game! Do not let it die.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Myth_Buster, we have censors for a reason. Don't swear, evading the censors or not.
    Next time it'll be a warning.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Myth_Buster said:
    You said this "enable battle system fixed" so which means you have some work done on th battle system. But I don't care about that. The fact that you are using Elsyium (Just like playerworlds) and your saying that your using C++ and crap is bullshit. I hope you do well with your game but what is the point of lieing and if you ddi rip code from Elyisum that is illgeal you retard.
    Has anybody ever told you youre anonoying? And where did he say he was "ripping" code? Also just so you know the 3d pokemon mmorpg in my sig is using VB and C++ because theyre both easy to learn. The fact that you feel the need to find any and everything wrong this project is bull**** to be quite honest with you and it makes you sound like a hating retard. WHy dont you just say what you want to hear right now what is it, you want them to tell you theyre faking the game? Why does it matter time will tell, get a hobby and/or a life and chill out

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • You said this "enable battle system fixed" so which means you have some work done on th battle system

yes we have done SOME work on the battle system. Still loads to do though...

But I don't care about that. The fact that you are using Elsyium (Just like playerworlds) and your saying that your using C++ and crap is bullshit.

I think geologic would know if he used C++ or not... that guys a genius UNLIKE YOU

I hope you do well with your game but what is the point of lieing and if you ddi rip code from Elyisum that is illgeal you retard.

Lying aye... well we'll see when we release

and WHO said we RIPPED code?

i believe blacksprite said

we use heaps of codes from other engines beacause we couldn't be bothered doing it ourselfs or didn't know how to do certain bits
    c++ is used mainly for the server to pull uop and store data ie. pokemon storage system and item storage which geo had already made
    edit by geo: and by no means do we take complete credit for everything used in our game (thats what credits are for)

and ripping code is not illegal IF you credit the original creator of whatever you are using AND if the code is open source... so from the above statement, I think we are doing this legally considering elysium, mirage etc are open source...

and finally to Myth_Buster... p*** off we dont need your idiotic accusing mind in this discussion

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    I think ripping code is not illegal IF you credit creator + u have his/her permission.
    anyway good luck in project I think u keep it out.

thx , Matt.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • and like whitesprite said elysium, mirage and a buch of other engines remarkably similar to each other, mainly beacause they are open source.
    and yes geo logic did see most of thesse engines (although it would be extremly difficult to do this game with anyone alone) and geo thought that he could do it (i had no doubt absoloute genius) he having extensive knowledge of programming (and i say i did little server client work) used all thesse engines and othewr sources as a template kinda spliced them togther to get what we wanted, but we belive in the end when we are finished it will be completly diffrent as we are rewriting loads of code everyday.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    Will there be weather effects on the Pokemon world? As in night/day, rain/shine, etc. And if so, will it be specific to certain area's like in the game? For example, one city is always snowing (or is it ash?)...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Blacksprite said:
    and like whitesprite said elysium, mirage and a buch of other engines remarkably similar to each other, mainly beacause they are open source.
    and yes geo logic did see most of thesse engines (although it would be extremly difficult to do this game with anyone alone) and geo thought that he could do it (i had no doubt absoloute genius) he having extensive knowledge of programming (and i say i did little server client work) used all thesse engines and othewr sources as a template kinda spliced them togther to get what we wanted, but we belive in the end when we are finished it will be completly diffrent as we are rewriting loads of code everyday.

I'm sorry, but I highly doubt someone who has to basically splice together a WHOLE BUNCH of other engines to make anything is very unlikely to be able to create anything advanced like the Pokemon games, while adding the huge element of online play. If you have problems figuring out how to get two players to communicate how are you going to create an entire battle system that relies on communication between the client and server?

I don't mean to be rude but I just find it hard to believe that someone who speaks unintelligable English is going to be able to program this game. I REALLY don't mean to offend you, it's just I find it very difficult to believe. This is 100% not an insult, just an observation; if I'm wrong feel free to tell me.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • I don't mean to be rude but I just find it hard to believe that someone who speaks unintelligable English is going to be able to program this game. I REALLY don't mean to offend you, it's just I find it very difficult to believe. This is 100% not an insult, just an observation; if I'm wrong feel free to tell me.

What the hell does english skills have to do with coding... and geo logic isnt even saying anything so how can you tell how bad his english is?

I'm sorry, but I highly doubt someone who has to basically splice together a WHOLE BUNCH of other engines to make anything is very unlikely to be able to create anything advanced like the Pokemon games, while adding the huge element of online play. If you have problems figuring out how to get two players to communicate how are you going to create an entire battle system that relies on communication between the client and server?

Simple, THEY ARE ALL MADE FROM THE SAME PROGRAM... MIRAGE

first, the server is mostly not involved in battles...
    second, blacksprite was coding the server/client communication... Geo Logic is coding the battle system
    third,BLACKSPRITE HAS FINISHED SERVER/CLIENT COMMUNICATION... MONTHS AGO
    fourth, the same as above but for client/client

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • yes its true many engines are based on eahc other

and where they *** has everyone got this idea thta we haven't go player communication thats all sorted now
    the server client connection stuff is done
    oh and white sprite you have this around the wrong way
    blacksprite was coding the server/client communication... Geo Logic is coding the battle system

the client server is done
    this isnt just spliced together lol i dont think that would work

yes rain hail snow vary to how im feeling

i speak english i just cant spell to save myself

any way back on topic
    (please stay ontopic)

new website is on its way
    yay we will have our own site

and if anyone has more to say about how we seem unable to make or code this (keep it to your self beacause we dont care)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2006
    Listen I am not saying he is faking the game I am saying he is claming to be using a program that he is not. He isu sing Elysium Source. He is NOT using C++ I promis you that. Every bit of his game looks just like Elysium and if you don't believe me do you want a link to the site. And yes Mirage Source, Elysium, Konfuze, and Playerworlds are all similar to each other, but your using the exsact layout of Elysium so I know your using the source from it and you are not giving it credit. I honestly don't believe you are using C++ but I can't prove it.

Also: DeathChill all the stuff with talking, trading, buying and selling are already in the Engine he is using or ripping from. So none of that is a problem. The Engine already had guilds, weather, party system, and such when he started using it.

Edit: just like hail, rain, and thunder are are deafult things on the engine. There are tuts for things like banks, gambeling, and such. I hope he does good with his game but he should give credit to Elysium where it is due.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    whitesprite said:
    What the hell does english skills have to do with coding... and geo logic isnt even saying anything so how can you tell how bad his english is?

Simple, THEY ARE ALL MADE FROM THE SAME PROGRAM... MIRAGE

first, the server is mostly not involved in battles...
    second, blacksprite was coding the server/client communication... Geo Logic is coding the battle system
    third,BLACKSPRITE HAS FINISHED SERVER/CLIENT COMMUNICATION... MONTHS AGO
    fourth, the same as above but for client/client
    Uh, if the server is mostly not involved in battles then that will be a problem as leaving it on the client's side will leave it extremely vulnerable..and odd.

Well, generally people who have to write code obviously have to write it in a very specific way, and generally they don't speak in broken English. I could be 100% wrong, just saying.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Well, generally people who have to write code obviously have to write it in a very specific way, and generally they don't speak in broken English. I could be 100% wrong, just saying.
    Yes I understand that blacksprite cant spell, but geo logic... again, GENIUS
    and again as you have judged blacksprite INSTEAD of Geo Logic, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Uh, if the server is mostly not involved in battles then that will be a problem as leaving it on the client's side will leave it extremely vulnerable..and odd.
    some things are on server side, some on client side... making it work perfectly... you would think a genius would know that, wouldnt you.
    AND BEFORE YOU ASK NO IT IS NOT HACKABLE.

Listen I am not saying he is faking the game I am saying he is claming to be using a program that he is not. He isu sing Elysium Source. He is NOT using C++ I promis you that.
    He is using C++ and you are an idiot

Every bit of his game looks just like Elysium and if you don't believe me do you want a link to the site.
    Looks can be decieving and you havent seen the GUI so it could be made in Elysium, Mirage etc. in fact IT IS in all of them

but your using the exsact layout of Elysium so I know your using the source from it and you are not giving it credit.

Should address this... AGAIN

WE ARE GIVING CREDIT TO ALL CREATORS OF ALL PROGRAMS WHICH YOU SAY WE HAVE "RIPPED" WE ARE WELL WITHIN OUR RIGHTS TO DO THIS, I HAVE TALKED TO A LAWYER... NOW LEAVE THIS ALONE

I honestly don't believe you are using C++ but I can't prove it.
    WELL LET IT GO, WE ARE USING C++ AND IF YOU CANT PROVE WE ARENT, LEAVE US ALONE

DeathChill all the stuff with talking, trading, buying and selling are already in the Engine he is using or ripping from. So none of that is a problem. The Engine already had guilds, weather, party system, and such when he started using it.

FIRST:I have played a game made in elysium, the weather effects... hardly something to be proud of... in fact, night made everything blue... wierd and rain drops i believe were about the same size as your character...
    SECOND:Most code, including this has been modified/changed by Geo Logic
    THIRD: But did it have housing and many other features we have added on NO

I am gonna quote myself now:
    and finally to Myth_Buster... p*** off we dont need your idiotic accusing mind in this discussion

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • im sure he didn't mean to post that twice

yes heaps of code is used from elysium most of the graphics codes are used in the game
    and some codes are used from mirage bit and pieces we have found on there forums which could be of help to use
    yes useing elysium as a base has been great for us heaps of the work was done but there was still loads to do and heaps to change to make it possible to make a pokemon game
    we do credit the users who have created thesse project and tutorials, but as i say geo has done alot of work on thosse engines and this which a user wouldn't normaly notcie (ie backround stuff) improved the save file, add more animation layers. Account editors etc are all writen in c++ as that is geo's fourte'
    oh and no one cares how this is made as long as its done :) lol
    oh and dont wind whitesprite up its not good for his health

This game is cool. I can't wait to try it...
    we will keep you popsted

thopefully if all goes according to plan we want to have a little run though to test the battle system

but any ways back on topic

ive just recived the 70 or so sprites from whitesp still must have to give him the latest client though, im still working on some problems i have had with my code and the way it was written,
    hopefully dark raquazar will have a nice we page header (big title banner thingy) for me
    and i will be working on the pokedex/battle system/all the move pokemon know/all the pokemon, well its all really tied in one

Last edited:

Gigerm

I GOT THE SPIRITOMB IN ME!
    Years
  • i cant wait for this game it shall be very very very very good to play somthing new and online

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    it really doesnt matter what you use if it works youll be famous

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back