• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Dashiel said:
I'll stop once THEY start to read the rules.
I know I'm being off topic but I DON'T CARE.
Just because someone else breaks the rules, does not mean you are allowed to aswell.
Do not do it again.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
Years
Another Character Set update:
70 fully functional characters now in the game.
10% of all 700 characters being included into the character set currently.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Dashiel said:
Could be more. I see no reason why you cant click on the adds,
you want to support them dont you? One or two measly adds wont take up much of your time.

Dont forget Blacksprite is only 16, he might not have many ways of making money. Think about it.

You misunderstand my reasoning. I have nothing against supporting this project or donating a moment of my time to help out, but clicking on ads to generate profits when I'm not even sincerely interested in the content I'm clicking, is a question or morals. The money has to come from somewhere doesn't it? In a case like this, it's coming out of the pockets of the sites being advertised. Does this sound "right" to you?

Another Character Set update:
70 fully functional characters now in the game.
10% of all 700 characters being included into the character set currently.

Wow! That was fast since the last update of 42... I'm really impressed that you can make so many sprites (and their bike animations, etc) so fast!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Whoa? A Possible 700 Charachters? I think an extra feature should be make your own OW sprite/Charachter...

Selkie_warrior

Check out my avatar shop!
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2007
that would be cool hey blacksprite or whitesprite can you give us a tip of the started pokemon?BTW u both rock!

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
Years
You misunderstand my reasoning. I have nothing against supporting this project or donating a moment of my time to help out, but clicking on ads to generate profits when I'm not even sincerely interested in the content I'm clicking, is a question or morals. The money has to come from somewhere doesn't it? In a case like this, it's coming out of the pockets of the sites being advertised. Does this sound "right" to you?

We arent gonna pay out of our pocket for web hosting to host a website for a game which you are expecting to play for free. We are currently using this advertisement and when the actual website gets up and running a "PayPal" donate button will be on the website, if this does not earn enough money to pay for yearly webhosting ($10 - $50)... i dunno, "pay-to-play" and "pay for pokemon money" maybe on the cards along with "close down"

Immoral? dont click the links then... we arent forcing you to click the links, just telling you that if you dont want the above things to happen, click the links... simple, because we need our first $10 to even get our donate button where the moral people, such as yourself can pay us for the priviledge of playing Pokemon TOA... what big $multi-million company is gonna miss $10?

Wow! That was fast since the last update of 42... I'm really impressed that you can make so many sprites (and their bike animations, etc) so fast!

I am currently on a roll, so I havent slept for 3 days, come to think of it, I've only left the computer for lunches...

Whoa? A Possible 700 Charachters? I think an extra feature should be make your own OW sprite/Charachter...

Well, 100 different types of characters and 7 colours of each are what we are aiming for currently, maybe more when we see how many of the same character is used in the game.
Second, we have thought about create your own character (habbo style) but currently we will stick to a set character set... maybe in the future though...

that would be cool hey blacksprite or whitesprite can you give us a tip of the started pokemon?BTW u both rock!

starting pokemon?
short answer: (yes I am copying blacksprite, yet again)
No :(

long answer:
no as we want this to be a suprise revealed on release (maybe never truely revealed every pokemon on the starting list), but i can tell you we have done extensive research to find a near perfect list of starting pokemon to make pretty much everyone unique...

and finally thankyou.... :) nice to see someone for once says I rock... darn blacksprite and geologic always insulting my knowledge of smart stuff :(

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
whitesprite said:
We arent gonna pay out of our pocket for web hosting to host a website for a game which you are expecting to play for free. We are currently using this advertisement and when the actual website gets up and running a "PayPal" donate button will be on the website, if this does not earn enough money to pay for yearly webhosting ($10 - $50)... i dunno, "pay-to-play" and "pay for pokemon money" maybe on the cards along with "close down"
Immoral? dont click the links then... we arent forcing you to click the links, just telling you that if you dont want the above things to happen, click the links... simple, because we need our first $10 to even get our donate button where the moral people, such as yourself can pay us for the priviledge of playing Pokemon TOA... what big $multi-million company is gonna miss $10?

I am currently on a roll, so I havent slept for 3 days, come to think of it, I've only left the computer for lunches...

Well, 100 different types of characters and 7 colours of each are what we are aiming for currently, maybe more when we see how many of the same character is used in the game.
Second, we have thought about create your own character (habbo style) but currently we will stick to a set character set... maybe in the future though...

starting pokemon?
short answer: (yes I am copying blacksprite, yet again)
No :(

long answer:
no as we want this to be a suprise revealed on release (maybe never truely revealed every pokemon on the starting list), but i can tell you we have done extensive research to find a near perfect list of starting pokemon to make pretty much everyone unique...

and finally thankyou.... :) nice to see someone for once says I rock... darn blacksprite and geologic always insulting my knowledge of smart stuff :(

The Bit I have Boldened is what i want to focus on...How about Freewebs or Moon fruit? and 7 different colours...phew I didn't think that there were 700 different sprites!

Years
They need a lot of webspace for this project. 10-30 MegaBytes is not going to cut it. (I have a message board with 500MB of hosting space and that is not enough)

Anyway, keep on working on those sprites!

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
Blacksprite said:
its ok if people dont like it so i decided to remove it

oh and im 17 this saturday

well in 40 mins
its 11:20 here friday

new feature,
when you click on someone in game the little boc to your left displays their information
name trainer id and if they are looking for a battle

but if people want to support us its completly up to them heres the link agen
if you dont know what to do when you get there all you have to do is click some add links
click
remember you dont have to
well that ^ should solve the problem of me spamming cos its up to you

if anyone still thinks that its still imoral please post you opinions
admins if this is still spamming please contact me
Get off Ultra Host or what ever its called it gives me Viruses all the time.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Tyler said:
Get off Ultra Host or what ever its called it gives me Viruses all the time.

maybey its the site you view on host ultra
not hostultra itself?

but please people stay on topic
i didn't post here to have a social i wanted your opinion on the game

They need a lot of webspace for this project. 10-30 MegaBytes is not going to cut it. (I have a message board with 500MB of hosting space and that is not enough)

Anyway, keep on working on those sprites!

30 mbs you are joking right
try 80 to 100 mbs

all of them are made just not "written" into the game if that makes sense

thats just sad

if you mean draw there own or put in there own picture, not possible

posiable starters, i may have left some clues in earlyier posts

...phew I didn't think that there were 700 different sprites!
theres not :)

oh and whitesprite keep up the good work
although you may need the newest client in order to test the sprotes properly

Last edited:
Years
Originally posted by Blacksprite
30 mbs you are joking right
try 80 to 100 mbs

I was not talking about an estimate for the size of the game, that is how much the webhosts give you. I know that a game takes up a lot of space, and you also need space to store characters, so that bumbs it up to over 160MB. (Trust me, I know a lot about free hosts. It is not easy finding a good one.)

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Don Patch said:
I was not talking about an estimate for the size of the game, that is how much the webhosts give you. I know that a game takes up a lot of space, and you also need space to store characters, so that bumbs it up to over 160MB. (Trust me, I know a lot about free hosts. It is not easy finding a good one.)

were on unlimited space and unlimited banwidth but the server itself can be on a host so charcter savegames will be on the main server
and i also think judging by the way whitesprite referd to this game as pokemon TOA that we have decided on that as our name which is good beacause having no name was slowing me down in coding now i have to go back through and find all the places which display our name

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2006
Well, I looked at your screenshots and I saw nothing special. I would like to see the battle system. You wrote in your 1st post that you had one. If you do I would like to see it. It would really help with the game hype. I want to see this game go far.......;) so that would be nice. And about VB6 I know of an engine that uses VB6. And looks very similar in the lay out also... here are some screenshots for all the people unfarimilar.

mainmenu0ko.png

Also I want to add I am not saying you are a liar but I am just saying it seems weird. This engine uses VB6 and you use VB6. Your game has the same layout. But here is something I want to add also. If you really use this engine which there is nothing wrong with why would you say anything about C++ or any of that when this engine has no realtion to C++ what so ever. Well good luck with your game and when your done anwsering those Questions I got a few more about coding to throw in there.

Edit: I was looking around and noticed you said that you were still working with the battle system so I will let that fly. But here is something I have a Question about "ive just figued out how to communicate between 2 players"...You made this following comment a few post back. Tell me if you made this source yourself why wouldn't you know the commands? I don't understand that.

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Myth_Buster said:
Well, I looked at your screenshots and I saw nothing special. I would like to see the battle system. You wrote in your 1st post that you had one. If you do I would like to see it. It would really help with the game hype. I want to see this game go far.......;) so that would be nice. And about VB6 I know of an engine that uses VB6. And looks very similar in the lay out also... here are some screenshots for all the people unfarimilar.

mainmenu0ko.png

Also I want to add I am not saying you are a liar but I am just saying it seems weird. This engine uses VB6 and you use VB6. Your game has the same layout. But here is something I want to add also. If you really use this engine which there is nothing wrong with why would you say anything about C++ or any of that when this engine has no realtion to C++ what so ever. Well good luck with your game and when your done anwsering those Questions I got a few more about coding to throw in there.

Edit: I was looking around and noticed you said that you were still working with the battle system so I will let that fly. But here is something I have a Question about "ive just figued out how to communicate between 2 players"...You made this following comment a few post back. Tell me if you made this source yourself why wouldn't you know the commands? I don't understand that.

First where in the first post did i say we have a fully functional battle system

2 i didn't make the entire server client thing
geologic made basically all of that
we use heaps of codes from other engines beacause we couldn't be bothered doing it ourselfs or didn't know how to do certain bits
c++ is used mainly for the server to pull uop and store data ie. pokemon storage system and item storage which geo had already made
edit by geo: and by no means do we take complete credit for everything used in our game (thats what credits are for:))

About the communication thing i just asked him the next day and he got going what was wrong with my bit of code

and please stay on topic.
this dosen't really have much to do with the game only how its made thats not the perpose of why i started this topic

So please stay on topic as its getting really anoying

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
whitesprite said:

That is quite the assumption that the companies represented within your ads are "multi-million" dollar entities... And ya I guess you are right... theft is ok if you only steal a little, isn't that the idea?

Don't get me wrong here, I really don't care whether some company takes a loss at your expense. But using the argument "it's just 10$" is not worth trying to back up... I'd stick with the "paypal donate" idea ;)

---------------

Hey whitesprite, does the current battlesystem now support 2on2 battling?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
jtc11 said:
That is quite the assumption that the companies represented within your ads are "multi-million" dollar entities... And ya I guess you are right... theft is ok if you only steal a little, isn't that the idea?

Don't get me wrong here, I really don't care whether some company takes a loss at your expense. But using the argument "it's just 10$" is not worth trying to back up... I'd stick with the "paypal donate" idea ;)

---------------

what the?

its kinda of topic dont you think and i think you have made your point

heft is ok if you only steal a little, isn't that the idea?

All posts made in this forum do not nesseseraly represent thoose views of any particualar employee. Pokemon TOA and link active take no responsbility for anything that is said by anyone or anything.

wait and find out :P

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2006
Blacksprite said:
First where in the first post did i say we have a fully functional battle system

2 i didn't make the entire server client thing
geologic made basically all of that
we use heaps of codes from other engines beacause we couldn't be bothered doing it ourselfs or didn't know how to do certain bits
c++ is used mainly for the server to pull uop and store data ie. pokemon storage system and item storage which geo had already made
edit by geo: and by no means do we take complete credit for everything used in our game (thats what credits are for:))

About the communication thing i just asked him the next day and he got going what was wrong with my bit of code

and please stay on topic.
this dosen't really have much to do with the game only how its made thats not the perpose of why i started this topic

So please stay on topic as its getting really anoying

You said this "enable battle system fixed" so which means you have some work done on th battle system. But I don't care about that. The fact that you are using Elsyium (Just like playerworlds) and your saying that your using C++ and crap is bullshit. I hope you do well with your game but what is the point of lieing and if you ddi rip code from Elyisum that is illgeal you retard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back