• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
  • Yes! I am willing to wait a bit longer but what will the storyline be? How will you fit the storyline in? What will you need to be able to be a gym leader? How many will there be? What regions will be in the game?

Mass multiplayer games such as this one dont really have a predetermind stroy line. its kinda like make your own adventure.

Are you gonna put like Missions in it. Maybe allowing you to unlock new areas, shops, pokemon, and items. It'll keep the game alive the more missions you have/add.

Again this is make your own adventure. but yes there are plenty of side missions you can choose to do. Also you guild may have enemy etc that you wish to join them and fight some rival team. you may wish to open up your own market stall an dmake or just sell things for profit

Samson I could really use someone with knowledge in htis area to design and make the gui. i have a list of what need to be on it and a genral layout also with the pixel dimensons of everything. so Pm me and we can talk further.

Now i have a question for you guys seeing as im making this Poke community game. Original Routes of kanto or revamp them as they are more design for single player games.

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • Wow, I have been gone since May, this project has really progressed, to be honest im proud of you guys.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • i was in the site for potl and it said u were working on saving and loading. Um just pointing out something obvious, IT IS AUTOMATICALLY SOPOSED TO SAVE. its an online game. -_-

LOL thats not what i meant
    U have to specify which variables to save when thats what i was doing
    when to call variables, send them to they player, send them to all players or all players but a certain player. send datat to a map or the hole world, when to check fr hacking atempts and when not too. and yes it does automatically save

Wow, I have been gone since May, this project has really progressed, to be honest im proud of you guys.
    May really wow we have been working on it the whole time but i have had trouble reaching this site

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • Are you in need of any help?

Spriting
    Beta Testing
    Advertising

Im happy to help
    I also know a bit of coding

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • um just to let u know u spelt whole wrong; or is there a world in a hole?

lol sorry
    and whats up with the negative attitued?
    I know my spelling is bad

Are you in need of any help?

Spriting
    Beta Testing
    Advertising

Im happy to help
    I also know a bit of coding

We are alright for sprtes at the moment but in the future we will most likly need more. so i will keep you in mind
    Beta testing if you wish to beta test contact PM whitesprite hes handling it all.
    Advertising well we will see about that in the future when we actually release a final version.
    its not good for mmo's to make a release it kills the game.
    im only releaseing i small part of unfinished work to test out the battle system which i know is going to have some bugs

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    If you want any screen shots from the games I can help there, but use the orriginal routes. Make some new ones by all means but use the ones everyone knows and loves...

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • We are alright for sprtes at the moment but in the future we will most likly need more. so i will keep you in mind
    Beta testing if you wish to beta test contact PM whitesprite hes handling it all.
    Advertising well we will see about that in the future when we actually release a final version.
    its not good for mmo's to make a release it kills the game.
    im only releaseing i small part of unfinished work to test out the battle system which i know is going to have some bugs

Alright cool, I will always help if you need it

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • If you want any screen shots from the games I can help there, but use the orriginal routes. Make some new ones by all means but use the ones everyone knows and loves...

they will have to be edited slightly, adn we all nop them it wont be much excitement and eventure. i get borded player fire red until i reach the new island beacause they rae new and ready for exploration

if this is to be a "whole" world it has to be the "whole world" not just soke routes but then again who knows.

well i have another update
    the change okemon thing is done so now u can switch pokemon in battle.
    using items neraly done witha test on that shouldnt be much longer maybey another 2-3 hours on that. ofcourse more if im gunna put all the items in there. which i wont just yet i'll make the basics potions etc and get them working the rest will be simple enough.

oh yea mad e a new little feature thta tells you and everyone else on your trainer card how many pvp battles you have won.

ok what els ehave i done. really just a bunch of bug fixes to the battle system etc.

Mclenz

Master Mclenz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2015
    I'm pretty sure he said that all of the Pokemon were in it, if I'm not mistaken. Right now I'm finishing up the interface that everyone here will stare at during the countless hours they play the game. Looking at jsut the basis of the outline Blacksprite made, It's gonna be really cool, I can't wait for you guys to see how awesome it's gonna be come release.

Mclenz

Master Mclenz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2015
    Well there will probably be screens around Wednsday. I say this because the battle test is on Tuesday so if Blacksprite wants to release screens, It PROBABLY will be from that. That's only IF he wants to.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • did u insert torchic yet?

only the first 150 will feature in this game

in the release you wont be able to use all 150 u get to pick 2 or 3 from say 30 i havent decided on that yet.

indeed no new screes at the moement the ones on the first post are outdated due to the fact we redid all the saving and loading of the maps to make them smaller faster and generally better. so all our old maps could not work with the new server, so they had to go. but maps arnt important right now once the battle system is tested and running smoothly. we have done the hard parts then all we do is have to code the gyms, they will be a bit tricker but should'nt prove a problem. after that all the maps wil be made . Then we will have a public official release. so u guys can start playing then. while u guys are playing away we will prbably be bug fixing for about 2-3 weeks while also training police officers(mods) .
    after that 2-3weeks we will begin improvements on the list is player housing, farming wharehouses etc boats ferry services more sub missions.
    then more bugfixes followed by another release and more bug fixes

but for now lets just get through this demo and the battle system.
    hmm im a tad worryied about the static ip thing it still hasn't been ut up yet. i'll ring them again today see what happens or every 20 mins u may loose connection iwht the server have to go back to our website and get the new ip. which will prove anoying. so lets just hope the static ip comes up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back