• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orchid Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Awesome alpha. I'm only training around a little in the Jungle route, since I haven't beaten the Rocket yet, but I'm already hooked on this. And I was most excited about the snow route. Looks like I have a lot to look forward to tonight. :)

Also, I'd be interested in making you another banner, if you want.

Also, I'd be interested in making you another banner, if you want.
Sure, full credit to you of course! But, I'm more interested in having everyone enjoy the full alpha before they do anything else for me. Just hearing people are playing it makes me happy! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

I finished mapping the first route of the next beta. I have to do the trainer battles and an event there and I'll move onto the next place tomorrow if I feel up to it. I'm going to bed, see ya in the morning!

Barker

Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I'll see if I can put anything together tonight. ;)

Now, I'm in Hailstone City, but I decided to take a short break because I hopped one of those rocks and got stuck, and lost a bunch of gained levels.:tired:

I love where this hack is going though.

----

3:11 Am Edit: Finally finished the beta, I think. That's the first time I've played a beta start to finish in one sitting. Took me 5 and a half hours to get here, at any rate. My team is lv. 16 Aipom, lv. 16 Totodile, lv. 16 Snorunt, lv. 17 Pidgey, lv. 16 Bellsprout, and lv. 11 Geodude. Anyway, here's my take on the whole thing. It's something of a synopsis/walkthrough.

Spoiler:

I did find some mistakes, thought I'd make a note of them just in case. Most of them are textual errors.

Spoiler:

Wow, what a long post. Anyway, overall, this was an awesome beta for a very promising hack. However, the fun was severely hampered by highly uneven, and sometimes unfair difficulty.

About that banner, I'll get to work on it now, and probably edit it in. I've edited this one countless times, it'll get the job done.

Last edited:
Years
Greetings, i just finished the beta, i have to say i am impressed. Your rocket event was good, and i like the originality of the game. Although, there are some complaints.
For someone that chooses Tododile as a starter, the first gym is way too hard. Well my lvl 23 Croconaw finally beat it, but i couldve caught a Pidgey and that would've helped.
There are few glitches, which i read have been fixed, so i wont report them (also cause they have been reported before ^^)
Keep it up, looks promising.

Giovanni

bleu_cheese

Pastry Chef
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2010
Just beat the first Gym, and I am on my way to the next town. I had less trouble than Barker, with Lv. 15 Quilava, Bellsprout, Pidgey, and Snorunt. I am a very thorough player, so I found a few glitches.

1. You cant open up the Pokemon menu without getting a black screen afterwards in Hailstone City. Buildings are okay.
2. I also had a black screen when I picked up the Pokeball in Hailstone City. It told me that I had found 8.
3. All TM's you get are TM 39. At the moment I have 2
4. You can walk into the windows in the first Gym.

All of these are very minor, and I didn't have any troubles getting past them. Mount Demise is aptly named. A Lv. 17 Mawile? Ouch. I can't wait to continue playing, as this hack keeps getting better and better.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
Years
Hey im playing the beta and i dont know where to find the national dex!! My cyndiquil wont evolve:(

Edit:

Its all good i found it:D I forgot to say that i loved the hack, apart from not being able to open the pause menu in the ice town i found nothing else majorly wrong with it! Ive finished the beta now and im looking forward to the next one:D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
this was a really interesting beta and fun, though i have a few suggestions which i'll write below:

1. When u fight the 1st rockets lower their pokemons lvls a bits as their a little too high
2. Upgrade the lvls of the pokemon in hte whistlewinds sicne most pokemon ihte game can be found like in 6-12 while these are lvl 2-3
3. plz see if anything can be done about the freezing in hail city.
AND great job and its obvious u put a lot of effort in this:)

I've read everyone's posts and I'm really glad everyone liked it. I'd have to ask you all not to use the jump over the snow banks under trees glitch in Chilly Canyon to get through it quicker though, that ruins it.

Thank you Barker for giving me such an indepth summary of your impression of the game. Take your time with the banner. I've fixed the text glitches in Mt. Demise as well.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the Hailstone pause menu glitch. I might actually put a warning script up that tells you when you enter the town not to do that in the next beta. I'll fiddle around and see if it can be fixed but until then I'll just advise everyone not to open the menu in Hailstone City.

Blossom's supposed to give you Bullet Seed, not Rock Tomb. Fixed for the next beta.

Hailstone's walkthrough Gym windows glitch is fixed for next beta.

I like the fact that in Whistlewind Woods the bug's levels are low. I didn't want you to find a level 15 Caterpie that should've evolved ages ago. That would've been just freaky. I might raise it up to maybe 8 but I really haven't decided. Plus, you needed a break after how hard some of the beta was.

Speaking of the difficulty level, I see that everyone agrees it's way too hard. I'll see what I can do about it. And about the hiker with Mawile, he moves counterclockwise, it's way easy to avoid him if you know he's there. And the Rocket Admin in Tropican, I know he's kinda high leveled for the beginning of the game but no other Rocket Admin in the history of Pokemon has ever been that weak. I'm a little reluctant to lower his level.

Treecko Tamer

AKA 'Darkliger'
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 16, 2012
I actually thought the Rocket Admin in Tropican was pretty tough. It took three tries for me to beat him.

I did encounter this little problem twice when playing the alpha: When in Hailstone City, after chacking on your Pokemon, the game goes into the black screen but never comes out.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
wow did any1 else encounter a shiny swinub? i found 1 while going to hailstone city and immidiatly captured it, yahooo:) i really lyk this game because of its challenge though the freeezing lost me some lvls, but its all gud great job deo!

Mew88

Flamethrower!
Years
If you pick cyndaquil as your starter this game is pretty easy(well i found it to be anyway) as soon as it learns ember its pretty simple, but for other starters i guess it could be pretty dificult so if you dont wanna change something, maybe make a pretty weak fire pokemon catchable near the beggining of the game, i think that would make it more easy, but i say leave it because i love challenges:D And about the low level bug pokemon, you can put like venonat and spinarak and pineco at higher levels, still bug pokemon and they shouldnt of evolved by then:D

Barker

Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Here are a couple banners I came up with today. I may do a few more tonight, because there's not much else to do. I might even replay the beta, though I might choose Cyndaquil this time. :P Great game, man.

pokemonorchidbanneronekh4.gif

Code:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1162/pokemonorchidbanneronekh4.gif
pokemonorchidbannertwouj1.png

Code:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2240/pokemonorchidbannertwouj1.png
pokemonorchidbannerthreqn6.gif

Code:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5881/pokemonorchidbannerthreqn6.gif

Lash

Years
Umm... not sure how to fix that. Well, you ended up in Timber Town so that's good. Maybe later I'll delve deeper into that glitch. Thanks for the complement. When I beta tested, I thought Whistlewind Woods was evil! So long and twisty but, most forests are like that so, yeah. I'm glad you liked it Hiro Scout. Now that you have the beta, will you follow up on your banner promise? I could use a few more banners and credit will be given to you of course.

Once I get into playing the Beta again, I will focus not on the game, but on banner possibilities xD
I have'nt had much time for the Community lately, and I have about four banner projekts going on. Sorry for the delay ;;

legends

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2007
not a bad hack :) (good hack) this will probably go far as well :)

you got my support ;)

Thanks for all the comments. Oh, and congrats on the Swinub Evil 4 Life! You're really lucky!

Here are a couple banners I came up with today. I may do a few more tonight, because there's not much else to do. I might even replay the beta, though I might choose Cyndaquil this time. :P Great game, man.

pokemonorchidbanneronekh4.gif

Code:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1162/pokemonorchidbanneronekh4.gif
pokemonorchidbannertwouj1.png

Code:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2240/pokemonorchidbannertwouj1.png
pokemonorchidbannerthreqn6.gif

Code:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5881/pokemonorchidbannerthreqn6.gif

They're all great! Thank you so much! I'll add them to the first post right away... Thanks!

Hiro Scout, take your time. I just wanted to see if you were still up to it. I can wait.
-----
Well, I've mapped a major area in the beta that's both annoying and important. It's too soon to say exactly what it is or what goes on there, let's just say Team Rocket's got there greedy hands in something there. You'll love this place once I grab some screenies, guaranteed. Well, I'm really not supposed to be on the computer right now so... I've gotta go. Thanks again for the banners! Bye!

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
This is a nice hack! Looks like you not going to stop this one anytime soon! White is an intersting color for the MainChar :classic:

A pointer though.. In the Beta, When you enter a house or go inside something, The door doesn't open, you just walk though. When you use your MapEditor, Make sure you use a block one the door... If you dont understand...

EXAMPLE - When useing Advance Map, use a 1[RED] on the door, Dont leave it C[Purple].. I hopeee you understand. Not a big problem, But it can be fixed easily.

Goodd Hack! Hope this one goes far!

Barker

Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
No problem for the banners. I'm interesting with this major area though.. Annoying? Guess I'd better train up my team a little. :shocked:

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy with, well, life... and the fact I'm addicted to my new Wii. Updates will probably come sometime next week. Promise. Anyway, I'd like to thank you guys for your comments.

SerenadeDS, thanks for telling me. I actually didn't know the doors would still work with that movement assigned to them. Thank you again.

Like I said, updates next week. I promise okay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back