• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orchid Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2008
this hack is awesome i love the varied pokemon you can catch early on like a snorunt,aipom,etc

keep it up

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy with, well, life... and the fact I'm addicted to my new Wii. Updates will probably come sometime next week. Promise. Anyway, I'd like to thank you guys for your comments.

SerenadeDS, thanks for telling me. I actually didn't know the doors would still work with that movement assigned to them. Thank you again.

Like I said, updates next week. I promise okay?
Next week refers to Monday, I hope. :nervous:

I replayed the beta with Cyndaquil, and it was a lot easier, almost too easy, so I guess the difficulty depends on the starter.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy with, well, life... and the fact I'm addicted to my new Wii. Updates will probably come sometime next week. Promise. Anyway, I'd like to thank you guys for your comments.

SerenadeDS, thanks for telling me. I actually didn't know the doors would still work with that movement assigned to them. Thank you again.

Like I said, updates next week. I promise okay?

Yo! Your welcome! Life Stuff eeh? I know what you mean. Well, I will be waiting for updates!! Good Luck and have fun with your Wii. XD

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
As promised, I have a small update. Unfortunately, the two routes before the area shown in the screenshots now crash when I enter them. So, I have to map and script them... again at another map.

Anyway, that area I had talked about before is called Arid Desert, and is right before Oasis City. (Which I haven't mapped yet.) Team Rocket has some dirty work going on here and I bet you can guess where judging by the screenshots. Well, here they are, hope you like them!

Arid Desert:
AridDesert1.png
AridDesert2.png
AridDesert3.png

I might update again later with some screenies on the next event inside that building. Needless to say, you're gonna get a choice between two, semi-important items there. Well, feast on these new screenies until I can whip up that building's maps. As always, thanks for the comments. See ya!

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
Years
oooOOOo Arid Desert
so is Team Rocket happens to be there or did they have a base there too?

nice screenis :)

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Sweet. One thing I love about this hack is that it's not all caves and towns with trees. It has the tropical theme, then the Ice theme, and now the Desert theme. This sets it apart from most other hacks, and actually raises the bar, in my opinion, even if it's only a slight change of scenery. Great job.

Now, that building is highly interesting too. I wonder what's inside..

Last edited:

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2008
Sweet. One think I love about this hack is that it's not all caves and towns with trees. It has the tropical theme, then the Ice theme, and now the Desert theme. This sets it apart from most other hacks, and actually raises the bar, in my opinion, even if it's only a slight change of scenery. Great job.

Now, that building is highly interesting too. I wonder what's inside..

yup this hack steps outta the box with fresh new ideas and i cant wait for the next beta

DC89

Water/Eevee Trainer
Years
I love This hack so far. Right now, im in Hailstone trying to level up any Ice pokes to battle the Gym Leader. It's great so far!

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
hello i just finished the alpha ( i think)
but there were some wierd things i noticed.

My cyndaquil wouldnt evolve...even if i didnt press B it would say "What? Cyndaquil is evolving.....then after like 1 second it said "....?" whats up with that?

And also,after i battled this girl with a natu she let me out of the forest,is it the end of the game?

bleu_cheese

Pastry Chef
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2010
^ I think you forgot to get the National Dex from the old man in Tropican City. Too late now, I guess

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
This hack looks awesome the variety of different locations and sub-climates will really make this hack interesting to play. A lot different to those hacks just set in a temperate region with those bog standard trees everywhere XD

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
My cyndaquil wouldnt evolve...even if i didnt press B it would say "What? Cyndaquil is evolving.....then after like 1 second it said "....?" whats up with that?

And also,after i battled this girl with a natu she let me out of the forest,is it the end of the game?

^ I think you forgot to get the National Dex from the old man in Tropican City. Too late now, I guess

bleu_cheese is right, you forgot to get the National Dex from the old man in front of the magnet train station in Tropican City. He should still be there. Head back to Tropican and grab the National Dex to let your Cyndaquil evolve.

When you finish the event with Alanna in Whistlewind Woods the beta is over.
----------
Well, I've mapped out the next city... in my mind. I'm drawing it up on paper to make sure I have everything I want where I want it. Nonetheless, this city's gonna be bigger than anything previously seen in Nintendo's Advance Generation games. Well, I'm gonna get to that. It'll probably take me two or so days to map it the way I want so... Expect Screenies then. As always, thanks for the comments! I'm really glad everybody likes all the climate changes!

bonaza

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2007
This hack is ok, but I think u should do some pal editing that matches because some of the pals do not match. I think u just switched pals in advance map. If you chose Tododile as a starter, the first gym is hard you should change that. There are some glitches. Also a lot of your maps are plain you should fix that too.

fy@x5

~
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I really like this hack! The only problem I have with it is the events leading up to getting the pokedex. Seems too much like fr/lg. But good job!

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
I BEAT BETA yayy lol. so far so good, havent noticed any glitches but nice mapping skittles.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Very cool! Wow, cant wait to see how big this City will be!

Great Job! Cant wait for more. Good Luck!

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
This hack is ok, but I think u should do some pal editing that matches because some of the pals do not match. I think u just switched pals in advance map. If you chose Tododile as a starter, the first gym is hard you should change that. There are some glitches. Also a lot of your maps are plain you should fix that too.

As a matter-of-fact, for some of the tiles, I did just switch the pallettes in Advance Map. I would rather not pallette change or add too many new tiles as I have said many times before. Choosing Charmander in R/B/Y/Fr/Lg made the first Gym difficult as well, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo didn't get complaints. I've provided Flying and Ice Type Pokemon early in the game so people who chose Totodile would have an easier time with the first Gym. If you find any glitches not listed in the first post, please post them. I'd be happy to fix whatever's discovered if I can. Plain? How so? I hate places that look so busy, but really have nothing to back it up. I don't think my maps are plain and I haven't heard anyone else speak up about it... Please, don't hesitate to give an actual reason why you feel that way about your maps.

The only problem I have with it is the events leading up to getting the pokedex. Seems too much like fr/lg.
Don't worry, if you've played through the beta, you'll discover that this won't be much like Fr/Lg at all.

-------
Anyway, I'm refining Oasis City on paper to make sure I have everything I want, where I want it. It's hard to make a city look big with such small maps so I have to place things in different places to give the illusion of a big city, like Goldenrod City and it's random houses that no one lives in.

Nonetheless, I've planned out some interesting events involving Team Rocket and have added a feature that will make you keep coming back to Oasis City for a long time. And you'll love that you can catch some semi-rare Pokemon there as well through a certain event.

Oasis City will have alot of variety and I guarantee you'll like at least one thing about it. I'm putting alot of effort into this one, more so than Hailstone. Well, tomorrow, I'll start the mapping process. I'm gonna hit the sack right now though, I'm so tired. Well, I should update tomorrow with some prelim screenies of Oasis City. But, here's the catch. Anything from a blade of grass to the placement of a building is subject to change in those screenies. It all depends on how I can make the city look and feel huge. Well, see ya!

bleu_cheese

Pastry Chef
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2010
Choosing Charmander in R/B/Y/Fr/Lg made the first Gym difficult as well, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo didn't get complaints.

I was just about to make that point. I'm assuming the gym in Oasis city, if there is one, will be water. Are you trying to go with opposites? Grass in a chilly city and whatnot? Looking forward to more updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back