• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Plasma Red [Script Demo Released]

What Pokemon would you pick for a beginner?

• Fuille- Fighting/Dark Type

Votes: 494 58.6%
  • Galar- Psychic/Steel Type

Votes: 349 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
  • Nice updates BC!
    I like the tree's and the new grass. The pier, it looks amazing by the way.
    New connection, wow, maybe you should make a tutorial, xD Maybe that'll spiff me back into Gold hacking.

Anyways, I hope to see more scripts, and good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    i like the look of the screens but you should change the font back to the regular gold one

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    darkcookie_93 said:
    Yay updates ftehw. Anywhos this is good but question will colbalt blue and plasma somehow intertwine the stories? Like play through one to get one side of the story and play through the other to get that side? Just askin nd BOL!

You'll have to wait for the full release of Cobalt Blue to understand the storyline and why you start at your grandfather's house in Plasma Red.

MaKü said:
    To be GBC's hack I see it well, because almost I never see any and for what seems, they are difficult to do luck!!

Hex editing can be long, but once you understand it, it isn't too hard.

zel said:
    I think you wanted the game to look more colorful, right? Cause it really does!
    Although it now looks a bit too bright (the bright greens) in my opinion, but meh... XP
    At least, it's good to know you still manage to update, in the middle of everything ;)

But, about the music, are you really planning to add some new BGMs? It'd be cool.

Umm....I changed the green to be a bit darker....hopefully it shouldn't be too bright now.

Well I have been planning music for sometime, I have picked a few songs, even one from a DBZ game which should be decent battle music.

I\'d like to congratulate you Blazichu, on all of hard work you\'ve been doing over the years xD

Anymore news?

Celebi

Only 2 years and going xD

I will show some more shots below, but nothing about the storyline yet.

cooley said:
    Nice updates BC!
    I like the tree's and the new grass. The pier, it looks amazing by the way.
    New connection, wow, maybe you should make a tutorial, xD Maybe that'll spiff me back into Gold hacking.

Anyways, I hope to see more scripts, and good luck!

I am only on the verge of learning connections, but I did get that one to work....somehow.

someperson2008 said:
    i like the look of the screens but you should change the font back to the regular gold one

I am going to keep that font I have chosen to make the hack look more original.

Screenshots

Pokemon Plasma Red [Script Demo Released]

Just the new lake tiles, so there will be lakes and oceans now.

Just another screenshot...with a road, but over there?

So Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Glitch = Delay

keyzer3 said:
    So youre an old type?Good luck at you`re hack

Well by old type I hope you mean hacker generation, not in age or how many years I haved hacked. :P

I recently have encountered a glitch which was on all my backups also. It happens after setting the time. So I will have to start at square one again, this is probably the 5th-7th time. Anyway, the demo will be more delayed due to this, I was planning to release it in the next week or two, but because of the glitch I cannot release one soon due to being busy with my last full term of school and playing sport. I am predicting late August to early September for the demo at least. This glitch also gives me an opportunity to reflect on what can be changed in my hack also, and what can be improved. Hopefully many of you won't be too disappointed.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Man, restarting so many times, I guess it shows that you have persistance about it ;)

Can you tell us what the glitch was about? (Maybe it could help other GSC rom hackers?)

Well, good luck Blazichu, as many other times I've said it.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Not again! Darn glitches...

Well, if you were using the Old 4MB enlarger thing, maybe I could help you? Becuase it disables the Clock, and what's the point of setting time, if there is no clock??? I fixed that a while ago, on my gold hack, which keeps on being ruined, after every script I insert!!!

Or I could show you the tutorial on WAH, that resues your ROM. All you need is a previous backup, a current ROM and the ROM after the hack got ruined.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    zel said:
    Man, restarting so many times, I guess it shows that you have persistance about it ;)

Can you tell us what the glitch was about? (Maybe it could help other GSC rom hackers?)

Well, good luck Blazichu, as many other times I've said it.

Umm....it could have been because of a cheat code I added in, I was going to test a new script. After inserting it, all the ROM files reset after setting the time.

marko_hacker said:
    nice tiles you have in this game and i like the rom you chose cuz Gold was my first game on my gameboy heheh

I'll try and get those tiles back in, not too hard to do. Also it is good to see someone interested in 2nd generation hacks :D

cooley said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Not again! Darn glitches...

Well, if you were using the Old 4MB enlarger thing, maybe I could help you? Becuase it disables the Clock, and what's the point of setting time, if there is no clock??? I fixed that a while ago, on my gold hack, which keeps on being ruined, after every script I insert!!!

Or I could show you the tutorial on WAH, that resues your ROM. All you need is a previous backup, a current ROM and the ROM after the hack got ruined.

I am not going to get rid of the clock. I'll be fine starting from scratch again, don't worry.

For now, I have picked out two songs that could make decent battle music (attached), try and guess where they are from.

So Enjoy!

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Umm....it could have been because of a cheat code I added in, I was going to test a new script. After inserting it, all the ROM files reset after setting the time.

I'll try and get those tiles back in, not too hard to do. Also it is good to see someone interested in 2nd generation hacks :D

I am not going to get rid of the clock. I'll be fine starting from scratch again, don't worry.

For now, I have picked out two songs that could make decent battle music (attached), try and guess where they are from.

So Enjoy!
    I like the new music, Blaze!
    Do you know how to insert music, or do you plan on learning?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    TheBestNaruto101 said:
    where do i download the patch at?

You can't for now.

cooley said:
    I like the new music, Blaze!
    Do you know how to insert music, or do you plan on learning?

I plan to learn, but it doesn't look too hard. I can insert it using that tool though, but it will work better using hex.

Hopefully none of you thought this was dead.

I have updated the stories on the first page, hopefully more better then the other one.

I am also planning a whole new concept to this game, so it will make it stand out...I hope.

And on top of all that I am planning a demo release, by the end of this week to the end next week at the latest, last time I said this my ROM crashed...so I better be careful this time.

No new screenshots yet because I didn't want to ruin the demo too much. :P

So Enjoy!

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
  • oooOOO.... so many new updates for me, and you have added some new graphics too huh BC ? Looking great and getting better too :) ... what more can I say..... but wish you all the best with your hack :)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Yeah, good luck Blazichu. Backup your ROM! Not only on your comp, but an online backup too!
    I really can't wait for it. I haven't played a good gold hack in a long time! I hope it releases this week!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    The release is not going to be today, sadly. Need to still edit the connections of a couple of places. I would have liked it to be today...seeing as I had time too. Most likely it will be next Saturday or Sunday by the way I am going. For now I'll provide some screenshots.

A boat, a broken bridge? There will be a story behind it.

This has chapters? What could be next...?

So Enjoy!

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Holy Crap! My stomach just dropped!
    I'm so much filled with excitement, especially from...Both screenshots! I was going to say "It's ok, I have a lot of school work to do" But now I really can't wait!

I don't like to rush Hack authors, so "good luck^10"
    I think I'll start to hack gold, sometime. Maybe today, or tomorrow, who knows?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2008
    Just want to know, are these for mobile or for pc?

Many thanks in advance for the reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    Nice screenshots Blazichu, you seem to be planning everything out pretty well too!

Just want to know, are these for mobile or for pc?

Many thanks in advance for the reply

None, it's for the GameBoy Color, but you can use an emulator to play them on a PC or mobile.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Oh, a demo, scrolled up xD

Still, I'll play the hell out of it <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back