• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Plasma Red [Script Demo Released]

What Pokemon would you pick for a beginner?

• Fuille- Fighting/Dark Type

Votes: 494 58.6%
  • Galar- Psychic/Steel Type

Votes: 349 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Looks great I can't believe there is going to be a completed gold hack (this is the first one i've heard of) so good luck but don't rush it i don't even care if it takes another month a full hack is good enough for that

EDIT: Sorry read other post where it said it would be completed version XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I should have it out by tomorrow, the demo...not the full release xD

These are the last screenshots before the release, I put them in a spoiler because they can ruin the game if you don't want to know much.
Spoiler:

Hopefully I am not giving away too much with this. All I can say is that room is small. :P

So Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
No, I am not editing the room decorations :P

Umm...the demo was released, but was shortened. So I guess you guys will have to wait for the alpha to get a Pokemon and name the female trainer.

So Enjoy!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Oh wow, I can't wait to try this out! I'll be sure to comment back when I finish it. How far does this demo go btw?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
dshayabusa said:
Oh wow, I can't wait to try this out! I'll be sure to comment back when I finish it. How far does this demo go btw?

The demo only goes to the first outside part, reason why it is a demo. Seeing as the demo is out that means that the alpha should also not be too far away, seeing as the alpha will go up to the first gym.

EDIT: Also I will add in the new trainer sprite to the introduction in the alpha, it was part of the files I lost. So basically I will export from TLP (you could call this a glitch I guess xD). Another script, I'll add to the demo will be a Character Biography instead of the "Current Team" part.

*Goes and takes a break from hex work* :P

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, hmmm... I'm not really sure if I'd want to download a demo, since you say a beta (or an alpha, or whatever you want to call it :D) is close. I'd like something that wouldnt be too short in gameplay.

I dont know, might give it a try, anyway. But probably my impressions will be better if I wait for something longer.

Still, good luck Blazichu. Good to see you keep making the effort to stay hacking! ;)

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
Very interesting.

Can't wait to give this hack a try!

I'm diggin' the look of the maps.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Err, that was rather short but seeing as it is a demo I can't complain. I'm probably not the best person to comment on a Gold hack since I've never hacked it before but it seems very nice from what I've seen so far. The transition that shows Chapter 1 might be better placed immediately at the beginning.

The text could use a bit of an improvement too. It was kind of awkward how it just says "You are now playing as the female trainer". Who was that old guy by the way? The one that sends you to his house? And what was that "Current Team: [playerName]" all about?

It seems interesting so far but I think it could have been executed a bit better.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
dshayabusa said:
Err, that was rather short but seeing as it is a demo I can't complain. I'm probably not the best person to comment on a Gold hack since I've never hacked it before but it seems very nice from what I've seen so far. The transition that shows Chapter 1 might be better placed immediately at the beginning.

The text could use a bit of an improvement too. It was kind of awkward how it just says "You are now playing as the female trainer". Who was that old guy by the way? The one that sends you to his house? And what was that "Current Team: [playerName]" all about?

It seems interesting so far but I think it could have been executed a bit better.

The reason for the transition not being at the start will be explained later on in the alpha. I'll add the female's trainer's story next time I was rushing to do that and doing it in hex can take alot of time, reason why some of the text in that part looks awkward. The old guy will be explained later on in the alpha. I already explained what I would do with the "Current Team" thing in my last post.

Basically all I am making is a different sort of RPG to the normal Pokemon RPG we always see, reason why you play as the female. Don't worry you won't always have to play as the female (she cannot be used in battles anyway). :P

So Enjoy!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
It was generally shorter than I expected, but it's a demo.
It was great too! I actually thought I was going somewhere(once I stepped outside) Then the guy told me it was the end of the demo.

Since you've said that the alpha isn't that far away from, here, I guess waiting a few more weeks won't hurt.
With school and all, it should go by quickly ;)
Good luck!

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Nice, I played the demo, and it's awesome! I loved the move camera "script." I've never seen that anywhere in the scripting documents I've looked through....

Anyway, I would recommand anyone else to play this. Although, it's really short, it's fun! While it lasts... ;)

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Cool Blazichu you must be the first Aussie to hack second Gen
*downloads hack*

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Well firstly, please do not revive month old threads.

Secondly seeing as it is mine I might as well show a minor update.

Treesnew.PNG

I have decided to change the tree design, there will also be a palette change on the lightest green later on.

Also, I am planning on creating a move tutor script in this hack. It will be long and tedious, but worth it. It should be towards the end of the hack so that should also give it alot of time to be complete.

So Enjoy!

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Woops Blazichu I didn't notice
Cool new update the tiles in this hack are incredibly good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back