• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Project Reality

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
Years
  • When I started to make this game my main purpose was to create a pokemon RPG with a good storyline, but now I think I should change a few more things, like I said, Telefang and Digimon are the ones I´m taking inspiration from.

From Digimon I´ve decided to take:
    -They use armors when they "digivolve", so let me create the Neo Armors for the final stages of the pokemon startes.

-Any pokémon will be able to held more than one item, but not same itens.

From Telefang I´ve decided to take:
    -3X3 battles
    -Main monster will follow you
    -More animations for the battlers

And I´m still not sure if I should abandon the pokeball/catching concept of pokemon to introduce the Telefang one, it would be a drastic change and I think some people would not get used to it...
    Well, it works very well with Telefang, and it´s one more thing to consider when you are making up your strategy, it´s more challenging.

And one thing that i found in every monster rpg:
    They all can speak human language, except for pokemon, so I´ve also confirmed my pokedex with translator idea, it has a earphone, like a bluetoth wireless phone for cell phones, and through it you can talk with your pokemon and understand what it´s saying, and of course it will understand what you are saynig aswell. :cool:

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Yeah...
    And if if I can´t learn how to make them or find domeone to make them for me....
    Well, I´m still trying! XD

SLOWKID

gym ******
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2007
    What about training.... Without battling like they do i the anime

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2019
    I like it. You have your ideas together. I think you would do well with a team.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • I like it. You have your ideas together. I think you would do well with a team.
    Yeah, who knows.
    The main problem is that I can´t figure out a way to finish my game in RMXP or any other rpg/game maker program.
    I would need smth with professional capabilities, but one that is easy to use, like RPG MAKER 2000/2003.
    But when I find one that is easy to use, it doesn´t fit with pokémon graphics or the definition is poor.
    And when I find one that can do smth with a good resolution, it´s too complicated to operate or don´t fit with the main objectives of the game (good animations, movies, etc). And so go on...

Anyways, I plan to learn how to make videogames (sprites, scripts, everyting) after I finish my studies. XD
    So I´ll finish this game even if it takes years!;)

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Back after millions of years!!!
    (Not many updates, though)

And I´m still not sure if I should abandon the pokeball/catching concept of pokemon to introduce the Telefang one, it would be a drastic change and I think some people would not get used to it...

And what happened with "Gotta catch 'em all"! Seriously, this is a Pokémon game, right? You can't take the catching system off.

acrof said:
    And one thing that i found in every monster rpg:
    They all can speak human language, except for pokemon, so I´ve also confirmed my pokedex with translator idea, it has a earphone, like a bluetoth wireless phone for cell phones, and through it you can talk with your pokemon and understand what it´s saying, and of course it will understand what you are saynig aswell. :cool:
    Probably a good idea. You should understand what your Pokémon is doing, except I don't think they should talk. You could, for example, let them have a cloud (like in comics) with a berry, for example, and that means they're hungry. That'd better than actually having Pokémon talking. It would be too strange.

Your game is going pretty good, I must say, though you still need to make up your mind about the mechanics before you continue. Anyway, it's good. Very innovative ideas, unlike most Pokémon fan games that are just like the real ones (go through 25 routes battling gym leaders, stop a stupid team, catch the main legendary, battle the E4, go to a battle tower) Really, that was starting to get boring.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • And what happened with "Gotta catch 'em all"! Seriously, this is a Pokémon game, right? You can't take the catching system off.
    Ha!
    But you forgot that there are other ways to catch/tame/etc a pokemon!
    In the anime, some people just become friends with them and the pokemon starts to follow the person (Ash and most of his pokemon, maybe?:cheeky:), and let´s not forget about pokemon rangers, right?

*Note: After the johto season, the "gotta catch 'em all!" died because there were too many pokemon, and the creators of pokemon started to understand that that was not the main purpose in pokemon.
    Pokemon don´t have a main purpose at all! (some want to be trainers, others like them as pets, others want to become rangers, some want to study them, and so go on...........)

Probably a good idea. You should understand what your Pokémon is doing, except I don't think they should talk. You could, for example, let them have a cloud (like in comics) with a berry, for example, and that means they're hungry. That'd better than actually having Pokémon talking. It would be too strange.
    I don´t want they "talking" either.
    I want to include a "translator headphone" (or smth like that) to the new Pokedex.
    So they will not "talk" you would simply understand what they mean. The same goes for you, if you talk to them they will understand clearly.

Your game is going pretty good, I must say, though you still need to make up your mind about the mechanics before you continue. Anyway, it's good. Very innovative ideas, unlike most Pokémon fan games that are just like the real ones (go through 25 routes battling gym leaders, stop a stupid team, catch the main legendary, battle the E4, go to a battle tower) Really, that was starting to get boring.
    Thanks!^^
    People should try create new things for their fan games, it´s always the same! So why bother to create one?
    This is what makes me desperate to finish my project: to release something different for pokemon fans to play.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I don´t want they "talking" either.
    I want to include a "translator headphone" (or smth like that) to the new Pokedex.
    So they will not "talk" you would simply understand what they mean. The same goes for you, if you talk to them they will understand clearly.
    Isn't that talking still? I really think this is a bad idea because you can't really translate a Pokémon's language. For example, your dog doesn't know the words "pencil" or "video game". It just has a few words like "food", because other things don't really have to do with it. How will you handle that, then?

By the way, in the anime, Pokémon could perfectly understand human language. Don't know about the games or manga, though, and I don't know if you count the anime as canon.

nickwarr_182

The Bringer Of Destruction
    Years
  • This is gonna sound ironic, but it's not an actual reality based game, you catch monsters in a different dimmension for lulz sake.

I don't really think it matters if the Pokemon know how to talk or not so long as the main story of the game makes some sense.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Isn't that talking still? I really think this is a bad idea because you can't really translate a Pokémon's language. For example, your dog doesn't know the words "pencil" or "video game". It just has a few words like "food", because other things don't really have to do with it. How will you handle that, then?

By the way, in the anime, Pokémon could perfectly understand human language. Don't know about the games or manga, though, and I don't know if you count the anime as canon.
    You are right, my dog will not understand, but pokemon are not irrational creatures, if they can understand human language they are rational.
    I really don´t see them as stupid pets, they are meant to be friends, not slaves.
    Satoshi (creator of the franchise) said so.

This is gonna sound ironic, but it's not an actual reality based game, you catch monsters in a different dimmension for lulz sake.
    The original name was "Pokémon Revolution" but a original game (wich I hate) came with that name first...

About the "reality", is any game real?
    They´re meant to be fantasy.
    I´m using it in my game because it is not stupid, for example:

*In the GB/GBA/DS games when you defeated the pets of the evil organizations, they would went into bankruptcy because of that.

*In Pokemon Gales of Darkness the evil team (I don´t remember the name XD)wanted to create the strongest pokémon alive and created the shadow Lugia, but, aren´t shadow pokemon weaker than normal ones?

I´m just using common sense, creativity and innovation.

Last edited:
    Back