• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
  • Wow nice. You got tools. Can i give ideas of tools for each tm? If i cant well then sorry. Here goes. Also you should do it in 3 stages so you can have more viarity to the game. And if space is a problem well the solution is like jimmy neutrons infinite space cube. It holds everytihng! Anyweh here i go with idea:

Small axe:
    Cuts down 1 small tree
    Medium axe:
    Cuts down 1 middle size tree and 1 small tree at the same time
    Large axe:
    Cuts down any area of trees but only 4x4 areas.

Small raft:
    Gives you acess to small ponds
    Medium raft:
    Gives you acess to small ponds and lakes
    Large raft:
    Gives you acess to all bodies of water

Now for tools unannounced i could give ideas if you want or not:

Well i was thinking. For whirlpool and waterfall you could add like features to the large raft. Like a small thruster for gettin across small whirlpools and so on. And for waterfall um mabye some kinda 3 leveled rocket boosters to get you up. For rock climb you could have the climbing pick and so on. Mabye even make paths for you to take on mountain sides with the strong climbing pick as a mini game and shortcut. Like instead of goin through the cave you climb the whole side and if you fail in the mini game you fall into whatever floor of the cave your on. I cant think of anything else sorry.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
    Years
  • Wow nice. You got tools. Can i give ideas of tools for each tm? If i cant well then sorry. Here goes. Also you should do it in 3 stages so you can have more viarity to the game. And if space is a problem well the solution is like jimmy neutrons infinite space cube. It holds everytihng! Anyweh here i go with idea:

Small axe:
    Cuts down 1 small tree
    Medium axe:
    Cuts down 1 middle size tree and 1 small tree at the same time
    Large axe:
    Cuts down any area of trees but only 4x4 areas.

Small raft:
    Gives you acess to small ponds
    Medium raft:
    Gives you acess to small ponds and lakes
    Large raft:
    Gives you acess to all bodies of water

Now for tools unannounced i could give ideas if you want or not:

Well i was thinking. For whirlpool and waterfall you could add like features to the large raft. Like a small thruster for gettin across small whirlpools and so on. And for waterfall um mabye some kinda 3 leveled rocket boosters to get you up. For rock climb you could have the climbing pick and so on. Mabye even make paths for you to take on mountain sides with the strong climbing pick as a mini game and shortcut. Like instead of goin through the cave you climb the whole side and if you fail in the mini game you fall into whatever floor of the cave your on. I cant think of anything else sorry.

This is a very good idea, but lets just see if ND approves. (@_O)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I do like the ideas and they sound similar to what I have planned already. So hope you like the future updates and announcements on the tools feature.
    Right now though:
    Small Update.

The battle system has had it's layout tweaked.

Pokemon Protectors

I felt I had to put in names of the Pokemon for the battle during battle. I had left them out before, so I just taught I'd add them in.
    Better late then never huh?

Big thanks to Waudby (of the Pokecommunity) forums for giving me the name resources. I would of spent hours spriting them in paint.

Waudby

Kinda looks official, but fan made at the same time, a good combination. Can not wait to try this out.

Keep up the good work.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Wow! That looks awesome! Great job! I really need to step up my own project before I post it here... But just awesome Neo!

Years
  • This looks really great.
    It is by far the best one I have seen of these yet.
    The only part that confused me are the pokebits.
    In the example, where you need 6 tablets to get to level 51, wouldnt it be hard to get that many? And do you get more bits the harder the pokemon that you face is?
    I'd like to be a supporter for this game, because it is going to be great.
    With the screenshots, I'd definetly bet you worked for Nintendo.
    I cant wait for this.

Last edited:

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Awesome neo! And i agree, if you need a job then you need to go to nintendo lol.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Okay, I wasn't going to post these screenshots because I just threw the window together.
    But the tools are now fully put into the game. And usable.

So, as you can see in the screenshot- it lists 3 tools.
    Clicking enter will bring up a small window and show the tools and an example of where to use them.
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Now, you may ask where is "FLY" and so on. There is actually no need for fly. As I have a "FLY" service that runs between towns. It is upstairs of every Pokemon Center in the game.
    But you won't be able to use it right off the bat. And since it's a storyline event- and I aint ready to show off more storyline screenshots, you'll just have to wait lol.

Oh and time to answer any questions:

@Hypergaming: I might have some fakemon. I actually have been spriting some stuff in my spare time (when I should be working on the game :P)- but I don't know to be honest lol. We'll see I guess lol.

@Gak and various people about working for nintendo or gamefreak:
    I would love to ha. I'm actually starting a computer game development course later on since that's what I want to do with my life. I genuinely want to be a game developer. So fingers crossed.

@§ώαmραrt: The Mineral bits and Mineral tablets are VITAL to this game. Since that's how your pokemon level up. I had an update before on it. Head on over to my forums to view the thread on it.
    But I do plan the whole Mineral thing to be my next "BIG" update.
    So just hang tight for that.

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    lol, the best of luck to ya. also, the flight center thing sounds awesome. but, wouldn't it be better to have like small airports in some places instead of that? but i can see that this would take a lot of time coding it, so leave it there.

Atomic Reactor

i dont think the water needs to be so big lol.
    other than that it looks good.
    keep it up!

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
  • I think if you could get some pro looking fakemon in here that look like they could be ones nintendo would use it would make the game a lot nicer than it already is (if that is even possible this game is AWSOME ).

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Hey~!

I'm really liking the realism you're bringing into the game, and I really like the Small Axe lool.

Everything looks fantastic as usual, keep it up ^_^

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Yeah can't wait till the next update it's real nice. When the demo comes out I'll have ta scream the I'll play it 24/7. Oohh I'm hyper this is so cool. I made alota typos.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I really can't wait for a beta if there are any going to be relasesed. It looks amense!

great Work! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back