• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Realms (Mark II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Flygon trainer said:
    Paige, you need to include more content in your post.

SBaby, you can improve your RPing by instead of putting who's talking, just make a paragraph with each charecter's actions, words, and thoughts, like this example:

Eclipse looked up at the dim sky, covered in clouds. "Shauni, you liar, you said it'd be clear so we could see tonight's aroura!" She said, slightly annoyed. The large black scyther would like nothing more then to be in a town doing what she did best: killing.

"Okay, fine, I admit, these powers arn't perfect." Eclipse's Dragonair partner said, flicking her tail aginst the ground. suddenly, the glass orbs on her tail and neck glowed, and the clouds above parted, revealing the brilliant colors in the sky.

Ooc: The Player Characters' personalities are their own business, not the businesses of other players. Through the Role-Playing, the personalities will become more apparent. Also, there is a fine line between RPing and FanFic writing. Too much detail makes it seem more like Fiction than an RPG. While I don't mind players putting details about their personalities into their posts, I believe they shouldn't have to if they don't want to. The only real exception to this is in a Chain RPG, where everyone should know who is thinking what at all times anyway.

Besides, Player Knowledge is very different from Character Knowledge. Telling someone something that you don't want their character to know, such as the intentions of your NPCs, is like telling a jury in a murder trial to disregard a statement when making their decision. The jury is told to disregard the information, but in actuality they can't. It is the exact same with RPGs, and I have to admit, even I usually can't disregard something...

Think about it. Are the other players necessarily going to automatically know what is happening to Paige? Or better yet. Are Al, Roan, and Neb going to have all of the ideas? Is Al even doing the right thing, trying to cast Calm Person on Paige? Or is he just as unsure of what to do as the others?

As for the posts themselves:

The only reason I don't put the dialogue into a paragraph in my RPGs (though I can understand it), is because I, as a GM, have a nasty habit of putting more dialogue than description in my posts, unless I'm playing an RPG run by someone else. Then, I'll set my character up in a similar way to the GM's style.

Another reason is that I tend to run many NPCs at a time. Putting the dialogue into paragraphs, especially coupled with the text would run the risk of players missing possible important details. It happens so often in text-adventures that it's un-real. Ooc)

Back to the RPG:

Mike: You get about a hundred yards from where the others are watching the situation between Allicko and Paige. Somehow, you wander into a field with few trees scattered about. Crystal is right in front of you. She seems to be looking at the stars. You can tell that she seems worried about something.

Crystal: "Strange, isn't it? The sky..."

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Mike, surpise to find her, Looked at her and said, "Well..." Mike looks up at the starly sky and said, "It is a bit strange. But what do you expect? This is a different world, maybe a different universe who know? I no Professor in this stuff."

Mike takes a look at her again to see the look on her face and asked "What on your mind little girly?"

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Mike: You notice that when you look at the sky, the moon is blue and seems to almost have its own life on it, unlike the moon where you come from. It's as if it is another planet.

Crystal: "I'm a bit worried about what Allicko said about the rift. If it is true, then our world could be in great danger. On top of that, we might actually run into Pokemon that wandered through the rift in this world as well... I wonder if they know where they are..."

paige pelletier

Fruits Basket (Furba) fan
    Years
    Paige seemed a little out of it she was confused. "who am I?" she said in human language though she was an absol. Her eyes were fearful and seemed darkened. Her breathing was shallow.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Paige: You can hear the sound of coins a little distance behind you. Allicko seems to have stopped trying to use his spells. Al is now looking past you. Chezni is still as confused as ever.

Chezni: "What the heck?"

paige pelletier

Years
    Paige looks behind her very slowly like some one will attack her. Her eyes are weary and her breathing is shallow. She seems almost in a trance. Once she fully turned around she sees....

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    "Well that may explain why Paige is going crazy but ... it must be horiable for them" Mike takes a look at the moon. Mike thougth what a strange color for a moon. Then he saw a ligth lit up on the moon. Mike then said to Crystal, "Did you saw that? A ligth just flash on the moon."

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Mike: Crystal seems to be totally focused on the moon now.

Crystal: "Something... is getting ready to happen..."

Paige: You see a somewhat slim man dressed in what appears to be a leather jacket and leather pants, similar clothes to what Neb is dressed in. One interesting note is that his hair is covering the right side of his face, and all you can see is the left eye and the left side of a grin.

Allicko: "Olidamaara."

Chezni: "Oli...Who?"

Allicko: "Olidamaara. He's the God of Rogues and Bards."

The man seems to be flipping five coins from one hand to the other. Strangely, the coins land perfectly stacked each time.

Chezni: "God... So, he's the supreme being of this world?"

Allicko: "Not quite. He's one of the supreme beings of this world. There are many Gods, each governing certain aspects of Oerth..."

Chezni: "So, they're like the Legendary Pokemon. They each govern certain elements or control certain things in our world, weather, seas, and such..."

Allicko: "Yes. You could say that..."

Olidamaara approaches Paige. He's now standing about ten feet away from her.

Olidamaara: "This is new... A creature even I don't know anything about..."

Neb: "Yeah, we're not too familiar with them either..."

Olidamaara is looking right at Paige now.

Olidamaara: "You need to relax. You are whoever you want to be."

paige pelletier

Years
    Paige looked calmed she walked toward the man in a trance like state. She slowly transformed into her human state. She seemed dazed but she was ok. "Uh um why are you here?" paige asked in a small voice.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Mike was taken off garud by what he hread. then he asked. "Are you ok?" Then MIke look at the moon and asked "How you know something is going to happen?" Then he just stare at the moon

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Mike: Crystal continues to stare at the moon.

Crystal: "I don't know, but I feel something terrible is stirring in the universe..."

You notice that Crystal's eyes are glowing blue.

Paige: You feel completely fine now, strangely enough. OliD continues to grin.

Olidamaara: "I came to find you all. I figured you'd be here, so I came to get you, but there were two more with you. Where are they?"

Chezni looks around for a second. Then he turns to OliD.

Chezni: "I'm not sure."

Allicko: "I'll find them."

Al runs off to search for Mike and Crystal. OliD simply shakes his head.

Olidamaara: "My only Paladin, and he's the most rash individual that worships me..."

paige pelletier

Years
    OOC: we are in this strange new place and there is this god like dude and mike and crystal are um some here that's all I can think of
    Paige sits down and stares at the stranger. She then goes to a tree and jump in to it very cat like. She sits in the tree and watchs the group. She semed calm yet alert.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    OCC:hey it cool for you to still RP here. Not musch has happen.

IC:Mike was just straring at the moon and was thinking. One of the thougths was why he left home to come here. He knew the anwser but didn't accpet. He took for thougth about what Crystal just said and then asked her "Why did you left home to come to Kanto?" Mike did not notice that her were glowing blue.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Ooc: Basically, we went through this portal to another world, and the group fought this monster called a Lich. Olidamaara, God of Thieves and Bards just appeared. Chezni's made the conclusion that the Gods are like Legendary Pokemon, in that they control aspects of the world. You can still RP, I'll just Blue Beam you there... Ok done... Ooc)

Mike: Crystal stares up at the sky.

Crystal: "It's hard to explain, but..."

About that time, Allicko gets to where you are finally.

Allicko: "We need to get back to the others."

Crystal: "Uh, ok. Well, let's get going, Mike."

Everyone: Through the miracles of modern science, Wolf Goddess' character is suddenly with us. OliD looks at everyone, waiting for Mike and Crystal to get back.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    MIke followed Al with Crystal by his side. We got to the group and MIke hread Sam asked the question and just laugh and said "Well we have, travel to a different world. Figth this Lich thing. and i have no idea who is tha guy over there." MIke pointed to OliD

paige pelletier

Years
    Paige looked down from her pertch at the tree. "Oh him? He is the god of bards and theives." she said this while yawning. She looked bored and slightly annoyed "when do we move on day break?"

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    OliD looks at the group.

Olidamaara: "Yeah. I'm one of the Gods in this world. But, let's get to Prog first. I'll explain everything once we're there. This place isn't exactly friendly..."

With that, he seems to lead the way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back