• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
  • "Lets put the lava only outside Stark Mountain, so we can use it as an obvious hint for RS remakes in the future by leaving it a Hoenn-ish element"
    No.

May I ask what other Hoenn-ish elements in BW2 you are talking about?

And how does putting Hoenn-ish stuff in BW2 increase the possibility of RS remakes? I could argue it lowers it.

But how do you know they won't add more hints in b2w2. Platinum added hints to hgss like the gold and silver poke ball on the Pokemon center floor.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    Trainer Timothy said:
    However, I would find it rather redundant as Hoeen incorporates almost all of the advanced aspects of the new generations. Ie, Type differences, EV training; stuff like that.

I would buy it if it was released, but I wouldn't be sad if it was never made.

I agree with you.

Suicune™ said:
    Groudon and Kyogre wouldn't fit into Black & White's plot.. they have no relation and really, I doubt it's something Nintendo would do

You're right, it isn't anything Nintendo would do since it's Game Freak that makes the main series Pokémon games

A Lava cave isn't Hoenn's signature environment. They had volcanoes in Kanto, Sinnoh, and Johto as well. Now there is one in Unova. Hoenn doesn't stake claim to Magma/:ava and Hoenn itself has not been rendered with Gen 5 Graphics.

I don't remember any volcano in Johto and I count Kanto and Sevii Islands as two separate regions, which they are.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Wow. lol It's funny how people are just grabbing at things and clinging to them as if they're major hints. Ever think it's a coincidence or that Game Freak just wants to troll us? Or that it legitimately has nothing to do with RS remakes? Isn't trolling what they love to do anyway? I wouldn't be surprised if they were reading this thread right now and laughing at all of us.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Wow. lol It's funny how people are just grabbing at things and clinging to them as if they're major hints. Ever think it's a coincidence or that Game Freak just wants to troll us? Or that it legitimately has nothing to do with RS remakes? Isn't trolling what they love to do anyway? I wouldn't be surprised if they were reading this thread right now and laughing at all of us.

Maybe it's true, just like with Gray version. However, some speculations about Gray did come true with Kyurem being mascot and having something to do with Zekrom and Reshiram to change forms. Also speculation about expansion of Unova did come true too. So we weren't trolled completely, in fact we were positively surprised about sequels. Speculations about R/S remakes hints may also be right.

May I ask what other Hoenn-ish elements in BW2 you are talking about?

And how does putting Hoenn-ish stuff in BW2 increase the possibility of RS remakes? I could argue it lowers it.

You should read previous pages to get answers. But there is summary:
    Other Hoenn-ish elements appearing only in gen 5 are desert, dive system, different music for Gym Leaders and Elite 4. We know that in B2/W2, there is tropical beach town and cave which is water or magma based depending on version. Who knows what more will be in B2/W2.

All those things seem like being put into gen 5 to be reused in R/S remakes, maybe with small design changes.

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Maybe it's true, just like with Gray version. However, some speculations about Gray did come true with Kyurem being mascot and having something to do with Zekrom and Reshiram to change forms. Also speculation about expansion of Unova did come true too. So we weren't trolled completely, in fact we were positively surprised about sequels. Speculations about R/S remakes hints may also be right.

We knew Kyurem would be a mascot because it exists. Thats no hint, thats utterly self-evident. We saw Unova was half-developed, so of course you could speculate that they would use Unova again to finish it (especially with all those construction yards everywhere..).

The RS hints are not RS hints. They dont directly relate to RS. Regardless whether there will be RS remakes or not, areas being used for BW2 are used for BW2 so you can experience them in BW2.

You should read previous pages to get answers. But there is summary:
    Other Hoenn-ish elements appearing only in gen 5 are desert, dive system, different music for Gym Leaders and Elite 4. We know that in B2/W2, there is tropical beach town and cave which is water or magma based depending on version. Who knows what more will be in B2/W2.

All those things seem like being put into gen 5 to be reused in R/S remakes, maybe with small design changes.

There was a desert in the Resort area or whatever its called in DPt, but WHO CARES, its a freaking desert and doesnt mean ANYTHING. Its a desert.

Same for the tropical beach. If you make a tropical region, you will put a tropical beach somewhere. Its not like they would not have put a beach in Unova unless RS remakes were imminent.
    Choosing to add a beach and making RS remakes are 2 seperate 100% unrelated processes.

Dive returning was simply a matter of time. They could have left it out and reintroduced it in generation XXVI if that was when they came up with an interesting use for it like the underwater ruins.

Not sure what you mean with the music, theres always been different music wasnt there? <.<

The magma and water caves are the only thing until now that might really be used with the intention to remind you of RS, but we cannot be sure of that as it might as well just foreshadow that Groudon/Kyogre will be catchable again or who knows what.... seriously, the caves will be in BW2. Meaning something will be in them. They will have a point.
    They wont be just empty caves standing there to make you want a remake.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    We knew Kyurem would be a mascot because it exists.Thats no hint, thats utterly self-evident.

That's why I told we weren't completely trolled by Game Freak because Kyurem was the most expected mascot. If they would like to troll us, they would choose other Pokemon for mascot.

The RS hints are not RS hints. They dont directly relate to RS. Regardless whether there will be RS remakes or not, areas being used for BW2 are used for BW2 so you can experience them in BW2.

D/P/Pt had hints for G/S remakes. Some people were ridiculing them just like they are ridiculing now hints for R/S remakes. But we know now that believing in those hints in D/P/Pt was right.

There was a desert in the Resort area or whatever its called in DPt, but WHO CARES, its a freaking desert and doesnt mean ANYTHING. Its a desert.

Same for the tropical beach. If you make a tropical region, you will put a tropical beach somewhere. Its not like they would not have put a beach in Unova unless RS remakes were imminent.
    Choosing to add a beach and making RS remakes are 2 seperate 100% unrelated processes.

Dive returning was simply a matter of time. They could have left it out and reintroduced it in generation XXVI if that was when they came up with an interesting use for it like the underwater ruins.

Not sure what you mean with the music, theres always been different music wasnt there? <.<

The magma and water caves are the only thing until now that might really be used with the intention to remind you of RS, but we cannot be sure of that as it might as well just foreshadow that Groudon/Kyogre will be catchable again or who knows what.... seriously, the caves will be in BW2. Meaning something will be in them. They will have a point.
    They wont be just empty caves standing there to make you want a remake.

No, music for Gym Leaders and E4 is completely different only in R/S/E and B/W. Also that desert in D/P/Pt is not the same kind of desert like in R/S/E and B/W because it doesn't have wild Pokemon appearing in sand. It has grass patches and trees, so it's not completely dry desert like in R/S/E and B/W.

It's true that putting Hoenn-ish elements in gen 5 doesn't 100% guarantee remakes, but it's promising that they brought those elements into generation in which R/S remakes are expected the most. Especially dive system, it has only a small role in post-game in B/W, I guess it will be used a bit more in B2/W2 and the most in R/S remakes.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • D/P/Pt had hints for G/S remakes. Some people were ridiculing them just like they are ridiculing now hints for R/S remakes. But we know now that believing in those hints in D/P/Pt was right.

I knew HGSS was coming and was pointing it out for a long time before it was announced.
    Besides, there was items from Johto, and people from Johto, the same timeline and even a news report about the red Gyarados.
    Those were direct intentional hints.

No, music for Gym Leaders and E4 is completely different only in R/S/E and B/W. Also that desert in D/P/Pt is not the same kind of desert like in R/S/E and B/W because it doesn't have wild Pokemon appearing in sand. It has grass patches and trees, so it's not completely dry desert like in R/S/E and B/W.

It's true that putting Hoenn-ish elements in gen 5 doesn't 100% guarantee remakes, but it's promising that they brought those elements into generation in which R/S remakes are expected the most. Especially dive system, it has only a small role in post-game in B/W, I guess it will be used a bit more in B2/W2 and the most in R/S remakes.

I can hear the gym leader and E4 music from DPt IN MY HEAD. They are different.

It doesnt even 1% guarantee remakes. It has nothing to do with it. Its an element they put in BW.

So they used a desert with no grass this time because of RS remakes.
    It is not making sense.
    The desert in DPt had a damn sandstorm, just as the one in Hoenn. Ive spent many hours in there chaining for shinies in the sandstorm, barely seeing anything. What was I chaining? Vibrava. What does it mean? NOTHING. Just like BW having a desert has ZERO relation to RS. Not related in any way whatsoever.

They put a desert in BW because they can. No person who put the desert in there was thinking anything about RS at any time during production.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There are just as many "hints" to support R/S remake as there were to support G/S remakes. FRLG had remixes of Violet City & Azalea town, DPPT has a remix of Lilycove City, DPPT had the Secret Potion an item exclusive to Johto, Black & White have the Shoal Salt & Shoal Shell, an item exclusive to Hoenn. What I'm saying is for those who are debunking these hints or references I'd say don't be too hasty, there were people who did similar things for the Gold & Silver remakes and they happened so it's still just as likely.

Oh and I wanted to add, I'm not classifying this as a hint but it's funny how many of the Hoenn Pokemon sprites have been remade to look like how they looked in RSE. (Left Ruby & Sapphire - Right Black & White)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I knew HGSS was coming and was pointing it out for a long time before it was announced.
    Besides, there was items from Johto, and people from Johto, the same timeline and even a news report about the red Gyarados.
    Those were direct intentional hints.

Shoal Salt and Shoal Shells were unobtainable in gen 4 and returned in B/W with no purpose at all (you can sell them, but that's not their original purpose). Probably they are obtainable in B/W to be traded to R/S remakes.
    We still don't know about all references to Hoenn in B2/W2. It's very likely Shizui is from Hoenn, because he speaks using Kyushu dialect. Hoenn is based on Kyushu in Japan. Original B/W referred to Hoenn technically, B2/W2 might refer to Hoenn directly.

I can hear the gym leader and E4 music from DPt IN MY HEAD. They are different.

They are slightly different, but they are basically the same tracks. R/S/E and B/W tracks are totally different.

It doesnt even 1% guarantee remakes. It has nothing to do with it. Its an element they put in BW.

So they used a desert with no grass this time because of RS remakes.
    It is not making sense.
    The desert in DPt had a damn sandstorm, just as the one in Hoenn. Ive spent many hours in there chaining for shinies in the sandstorm, barely seeing anything. What was I chaining? Vibrava. What does it mean? NOTHING. Just like BW having a desert has ZERO relation to RS. Not related in any way whatsoever.
    They put a desert in BW because they can. No person who put the desert in there was thinking anything about RS at any time during production.

How can you tell what were they thinking while making B/W? They brought back things from R/S/E into gen 5, the same like they brought back things from G/S/C into gen 4.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • There are just as many "hints" to support R/S remake as there were to support G/S remakes. FRLG had remixes of Violet City & Azalea town, DPPT has a remix of Lilycove City, DPPT had the Secret Potion an item exclusive to Johto, Black & White have the Shoal Salt & Shoal Shell, an item exclusive to Hoenn. What I'm saying is for those who are debunking these hints or references I'd say don't be too hasty, there were people who did similar things for the Gold & Silver remakes and they happened so it's still just as likely.

Oh and I wanted to add, I'm not classifying this as a hint but it's funny how many of the Hoenn Pokemon sprites have been remade to look like how they looked in RSE. (Left Ruby & Sapphire - Right Black & White)

Shoal Salt and Shell. Now that's actually interesting.
    Its not nearly as conclusive as the Secret Potion, which had a description saying its from Johto, along with actually being any use, but it is something.

But still. There are not just as many hints.

Look, I was saying GS remakes were bound to happen.
    Now I'm saying RS remakes wont happen.
    At least not in the same way as in the past (either sequels or a Johto like addition to Hoenn with both regions accessible), and definitely not in this generation with
    BW2 being the last beathing thing for the DS.

Why did I think GS remakes would happen?
    Apart from the DIRECT hints like
    -A gym leader on visit: Jasmine
    -A key item, Secret Potion, with description its from Johto
    -An important event mentioned on TV: Red Gyarados
    -which also further points out the SAME time as GS
    But most of all... and if it wasnt for this I wouldnt be sure:
    -DPt had the coding "From Johto(Gold)/From Johto(Silver)" for Pokemon encounter data.
    That was essentially evidence, not just some hint.
    This was the strongest argument. No one was saying we will get GS remakes because they put lakes into Sinnoh or something.

RS "hints" don't even compare to this
    as all we got is
    -Shoal Shell/Salt from daily item collector event with no possible use, or need for, as you get Shell Bell anyway.
    -A water/magma themed cave, which we don't know what its there for yet.

They are slightly different, but they are basically the same tracks. R/S/E and B/W tracks are totally different.

So since they "brought it back", what do you suppose? That RS remakes will come out for the DS??
    If there is a gen 6 first, then this has no meaning since they brought it back in gen 5 already........

How can you tell what were they thinking while making B/W?

Touche?
    *facepalm*

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There may be less hints but that doesn't hinder the likelyhood of remakes, it's mainly for the money but anyway.. another little something that could contribute towards a remake would be this:
    "Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on Pokémon encountered underwaterRSEBW"

This is the description for the Dive Ball, in BW Dive was re-introduced for no known reason however no Pokémon are available underwater so unless there are in B2W2 then they must have gone back to it's original function for some reason, right?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    There may be less hints but that doesn't hinder the likelyhood of remakes, it's mainly for the money but anyway.. another little something that could contribute towards a remake would be this:
    "Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on Pokémon encountered underwaterRSEBW"

This is the description for the Dive Ball, in BW Dive was re-introduced for no known reason however no Pokémon are available underwater so unless there are in B2W2 then they must have gone back to it's original function for some reason, right?

Dive ball is listed in two different areas on Bulbapedia that both say 2 different things.

Its effect is the same as it is in D/P/Pt/FR/LG. Any Pokemon caught while surfing or Fishing gets the bonus to catch rate. The 3.5x boost works while Fishing and Surfing in B/W.

The description is almost a carbon copy of what D/P/Pt/HG/SS's.

A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live in the sea.
    A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live underwater.

Even while surfing on the surface, the Pokemon you battle live underwater. Same with Fishing.

Bulbapedia Catch Rate said:
    Dive Ball | 1× or 3.5× | 3.5× only if divingRSE or surfing/fishingFRLGDPPtHGSSBW
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Pok.C3.A9_Ball_effectiveness_rates

Those are the current mechanics for the Pokeballs in B/W.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Shoal Salt and Shell. Now that's actually interesting.
    Its not nearly as conclusive as the Secret Potion, which had a description saying its from Johto, along with actually being any use, but it is something.

But still. There are not just as many hints.

Look, I was saying GS remakes were bound to happen.
    Now I'm saying RS remakes wont happen.
    At least not in the same way as in the past (either sequels or a Johto like addition to Hoenn with both regions accessible), and definitely not in this generation with
    BW2 being the last beathing thing for the DS.

Why did I think GS remakes would happen?
    Apart from the DIRECT hints like
    -A gym leader on visit: Jasmine
    -A key item, Secret Potion, with description its from Johto
    -An important event mentioned on TV: Red Gyarados
    -which also further points out the SAME time as GS
    But most of all... and if it wasnt for this I wouldnt be sure:
    -DPt had the coding "From Johto(Gold)/From Johto(Silver)" for Pokemon encounter data.
    That was essentially evidence, not just some hint.
    This was the strongest argument. No one was saying we will get GS remakes because they put lakes into Sinnoh or something.

RS "hints" don't even compare to this
    as all we got is
    -Shoal Shell/Salt from daily item collector event with no possible use, or need for, as you get Shell Bell anyway.
    -A water/magma themed cave, which we don't know what its there for yet.

True that hints for G/S remakes were more solid than for R/S remakes, but the fact that we have something to base on can mean that those remakes will be done. Original R/S had actually no hints for Red/Green remakes in gen 3. It could be predicted that Red/Green will be remade looking how they blocked trading, but in R/S there was actually no hints for Red/Green remakes. The only clearly similar thing between gens 1 and 3 was music in S.S. Anne and Oceanic Museum.

So since they "brought it back", what do you suppose? That RS remakes will come out for the DS??
    If there is a gen 6 first, then this has no meaning since they brought it back in gen 5 already........

Well, it's interesting that using totally different music for Leaders and E4 was skipped in gen 4 and returned in gen 5, just in time when R/S remakes are expected. The same goes for dive system.
    There's one more thing about E4 music in B/W. I guess you won't accept it as a hint but part from 1:18 to 1:28 is remixed part of R/S/E music for E4. It's similar like Canalave City music in D/P/Pt is remix of G/S/C ending music, if you listen carefully. Game Freak seems to like remixing tracks of generations they plan to remake.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • RG and RS also both had the first gym you visit unbattleable as well as a forest after the city with that gym.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    RG and RS also both had the first gym you visit unbattleable as well as a forest after the city with that gym.

R/G the Gym skipped was owned by the Bad Guy team and was the Final Gym.

R/S the Gym skipped was owned by your father who refused to challenge you until you received 4 Badges before him and is the 5th Gym.

That's more a coincidence than a relation since the two scenarios are different.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • ^ I agree that's not really a hint...besides in BW you didn't skip past the first gym so there isn't really a pattern there...
    My hopes for RS remakes are almost as low now as they were for GS remakes before they finally came out...we need more solid hints like Iris getting a Treeko...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • ^ I agree that's not really a hint...besides in BW you didn't skip past the first gym so there isn't really a pattern there...
    My hopes for RS remakes are almost as low now as they were for GS remakes before they finally came out...we need more solid hints like Iris getting a Treeko...
    I said nothing about it being a hint for rs remakes or that it was in bw.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

You mean Iris in anime, right? Well, in anime Dawn reappeared after journey in Hoenn, the same like May reappeared in gen 4 anime after journey in Johto. So anime should refer to Hoenn in this season. Assuming that Shizui is from Hoenn, he might refer to Hoenn too, maybe even know someone who gives Hoenn starters. Ash has only one Hoenn starter now, so he might get another in this season.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • I ask again

Do you seriously think they will make another set of games for the DS?

Or do you think they would start a new generation with remakes?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back