• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Whichever plot they use as the basis, they will - at least I damn well hope they will - be completely restructuring the plot anyway so that the game stands up to the same level as Black and White, so it should be almost unrecognisable to the original games apart from the core of the storyline - which is similar in both games.

Right now every other Pokémon game is much worse for storytelling than B/W, which makes a real effort to throw the player into a story that goes on all the time instead of the bad guys showing up at places around every other town and only interacting with the player and a few NPCs that don't do anything else.

Years
    Honestly, I thought R/S/E was unbearably boring. Storyline wise. The graphics also turned me off, so atm Hoenn is my least favorite region.

Thats why I am looking forward to the remakes. The new graphics, and hopefully better storyline will give me a new perspective on Hoenn.

Or not. We'll see.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Honestly, I thought R/S/E was unbearably boring. Storyline wise. The graphics also turned me off, so atm Hoenn is my least favorite region.

Thats why I am looking forward to the remakes. The new graphics, and hopefully better storyline will give me a new perspective on Hoenn.

Or not. We'll see.

That's the reason why I'd like them in remakes purely because not many people appreciated it and a rehaul would do just that.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    Do you think that there is a possibility, that, if they change the plot (like aforementioned), that they would also change the name/mascot? For example, the games would still be set in Hoenn with a similar plot, except they would be called Pokémon Seas and Pokémon Mountains? Well, of course those wouldn't be the actual names, but it would be quite a neat idea.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think they will stick with the weather plot regarding Groudon with drought and Kyogre with drizzle, I thought that was a brillant storyline. If its a remake they will want to keep everything the same as much as possible but theres always room for change.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If they remake them, they have to stay centered to Ruby and Sapphire's original story line. If they Deviate even the slightest before the main story ends, then they aren't remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. They'd most likely be a remake of Emerald.

Its the Only region in existence with two different story line key characters. Change even part of it like they did with G/S/C's then the story becomes Emerald and not Ruby/Sapphire. So the Ruby remake will pretty much JUST be against Magma and Groudon so Kyogre should NOT appear at all in the main story and vice versa for Sapphire. They'd have to reuse the original story un-edited up until the end. The after that they'd pretty much water down with bonus stuff like in D/P.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I doubt they'd mush around the story to make it different than RS' storylines. However, I'm just hoping they leave in the multitude of double battles that Emerald had. n____n That's one of the only reasons I prefer Emerald to RS really, haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I don't understand why they need to be constrained to replicating the exact motions of their old game when they proved they can make games that are far better today.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    I loved RSE, and I loved all of the water. However, on some playthroughs, I couldn't be bothered covering every single route and every single 'splash'/tile of water. Do you think that the remakes (if any) will reduce the mass of water? And if so, how would they?

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I don't understand why they need to be constrained to replicating the exact motions of their old game when they proved they can make games that are far better today.

That depends on how you thought/think the original storyline was, which will vary. I personally loved the storyline, etc. for the most part, but if you mean like adding in more Gym leader/Elite Four interaction, expanding on some parts they couldn't before, etc., then I'm for that.

Pretty much, as long as I can play the games and can 'recognize them'(originals, whether it be R/S/each with Emerald based) with the upgrades, touches, etc. added in, then I'll be fine.

I loved RSE, and I loved all of the water. However, on some playthroughs, I couldn't be bothered covering every single route and every single 'splash'/tile of water. Do you think that the remakes (if any) will reduce the mass of water? And if so, how would they?

If anything, I bet the water routes will be expanded(like everything else will be) due to there being more room to expand/add on some things. Although, this time around, there probably will be a bigger variety of water type encounters and most likely other things to do in the water routes as well.

I don't get what is with all the disliking of the surfing. Aside from the needing of more variety of encountered pokemon, I thought they were just fine. It took me some time to figure out how to get to Sootopolis during my first time playing and it was actually really fun going through all that water and discovering things until I did.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They will maintain originality and that's what Hoenn was best known for it's deset and water routes so I doubt they will make ANY changes to the map, which is good cause I loved Hoenn.

Intelligence

The return
    Years
    WOW! What a thread! 1220 posts, thank you Suicune™ for making this poll. I love the Hoenn region! I grew up with Emerald and would love a remake. When I saw this post, I spent the last 4 days reading through every post and created an email account just to register to post on this thread. I have been hearing a lot of guesses for names and here is the names I have found.
    Magma Ruby, Aqua Sapphire
    Flaming Ruby, Frozen Sapphire
    Raging Ruby, Calming Sapphire
    Blaze Ruby, Torrent Sapphire
    Blood Ruby, Deep Sapphire
    Fury Ruby, Calm Sapphire
    Lava Ruby, Ocean Sapphire
    Blazing Ruby, Shining Sapphire
    Ground Ruby, Water Sapphire
    Dry Ruby, Wet Sapphire
    Earth Ruby, Sea Sapphire
    Rough Ruby, Smooth Sapphire
    Solid Ruby, Liquid Sapphire
    Ruby Sun, Sapphire Moon
    Mind Ruby, Spirit Sapphire
    Sun Ruby, Rain Sapphire
    Radiating Ruby, Shining Sapphire
    Terra Ruby, Aqua Sapphire
    Burning Ruby, Spirit Sapphire
    Raging Ruby, Sacred Sapphire
    Spirit Ruby, Destiny Sapphire
    Volcanic Ruby, Oceanic Sapphire
    Rising Ruby, Soaring Sapphire
    Royal Ruby, Sacred Sapphire
    Dusk Ruby, Dawn Sapphire
    Shining Ruby, Sparkling Sapphire.

That is 27 pairs of names I have found.

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    They will maintain originality and that's what Hoenn was best known for it's deset and water routes so I doubt they will make ANY changes to the map, which is good cause I loved Hoenn.

I loved it as well, just hoping its beauty can be shown more in the remakes. The region deserves that.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Ruby Sun and Sapphire Moon are my personal favorites. They certainly make more sense than MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire, which seems to be the most popular choice.

Another one that made me chuckle is DroughtRuby and DrizzleSapphire.

Also, IIRC, the Hoenn E4 didn't appear in the anime. I'm kind of hoping they'd make (at least) a cameo appearance in Best Wishes to promote the remake. Kind of like how Lyra appeared when HGSS was released.

Intelligence

The return
    Years
    I have a good idea, hope it is good, instead of pokemon appearing when you're surfing, let there be more Dive spots and more Pokemon under the sea and the Pokemon that appeared while you were surfing can appear in grass near the sea. What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    You know what I would just find hilarious? The addition of actually being able to launch the rocket in Mossdeep and going to the moon to find Jirachi. After all of the rumors and lies about it, it would be quite the addition to the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back