• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    I think an R/S/E re-make would be fantastic, it was by-far my favourite Pokemon game. (It was such a creative game). Also, the DSi has no GBA slot, meaning that eventually there will be no way to transfer GBA pokemon to the DS. Imma get Ruby, just like I did last time.

I think they should name them;

Earth Ruby,

Sea Saphire,

Ariel Emerald,

That'd be fun.

Starling008

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Wow. i'm surprised how many people said yes when generally speaking R/S are the least favourite versions.

You're very right. Many people did not like gen 3. Why? I honestly couldn't say. I loved R/S/E, it's storyline, and the Pokemon in it. But if you ask most people, they are their least favorite games.....sigh...

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    You're very right. Many people did not like gen 3. Why? I honestly couldn't say. I loved R/S/E, it's storyline, and the Pokemon in it. But if you ask most people, they are their least favorite games.....sigh...

Most likely because they were used to the older pokemon. Many people started their pokemon adventure with either the Johto lot, or the Kanto lot, and when the 3rd gen came out, people were stubborn with change. I didn't like them when I first played it, but they grew on me, as well as the in game characters, not just the pokémon. It was also fun to have two rivaling criminal organizations. That hasn't cropped up in another pokémon game since, and so it's especially for R/S/E ^_^

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    I bet that they would!,as i remember,Hoenn was the region i enjoyed the most,if the don't,nothing good is going to happen......

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    look up a good friend of mine named 'ramberth' on youtube, he has a GREAT theory on a emerald remake, so i dont belive in the ruby and sapphire remakes, i believe in a emerald remake.......

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    look up a good friend of mine named 'ramberth' on youtube, he has a GREAT theory on a emerald remake, so i dont belive in the ruby and sapphire remakes, i believe in a emerald remake.......

Yeah, I've heard of that guy and his theory too. IIRC, Uutton spoke of him in one vid.

And now a random bit of speculation: D/P/Pt has a gold and silver Poke Ball on the floor of Poke Centers. HG/SS has a green Poke Ball. Get it? ;)

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    i would love an emerald remake more then a ruby and sapphire one

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    There were hints in Fr/LG to :P
    And there were FR/LG reamke hoints in R/S

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Now, I am kinda starting to miss Hoenn, hope there is a remake in the works, maybe in like 4 years.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    Now, I am kinda starting to miss Hoenn, hope there is a remake in the works, maybe in like 4 years.
    Yeah after reading the thread i accualy picked up my old copy of ruby and started a new one

Amew

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    Well...IF RSE gets remade, I will probably lead to FR/LG getting remade. Then DPPt. ANd so on.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Every 10 years Gamefreak will remake an original pokemon game. They did so with Red/green and Gold/silver.

What year did Ruby and Sapphire come out in?

EDIt: They probably won't remake FR/LG because those are Remakes of Red and Green as it is.

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
    It feels sort of... a little too sudden to happen, but I think its possible. I saw the hints in HG so... I had an idea of it. I would love it! Ruby and Sapphire were awesome! And its likely, money wise and system wise. All the new DS systems can not play GBA games, so it would help to get the Hoenn Pokemon.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I just looked it up. Seeing how it was made in 2002-2003 it will not be remade until 2012-2013. So there is still a couple of years to go.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hopefully it will come out. Hoenn was a interesting region for me :3
    Plus I think Slateport would look good in 3D :3

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    There are a large number of reasons I would say no, but I think that Nintendo will likely make it for the simple reason that it will sell.

The only real reason FRLG and HGSS were necessary is that there was no compatibility between the originals and the third or fourth generation. Ruby and Sapphire are still compatible, and as such a remake would be obsolete. Also, you can already obtain Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, not to mention Latias and Latios, in HGSS. In short, there's no reason to make a remake, but why wouldn't they?

The legendarys aren't everyhing, its more of the storyline and region why people will buy a remake. And it would be nice to play in that region with enhanced graphics would it not?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Originally Posted by Nathanyiel

The only real reason FRLG and HGSS were necessary is that there was no compatibility between the originals and the third or fourth generation. Ruby and Sapphire are still compatible, and as such a remake would be obsolete.

I'm pretty sure they won't, for this reason. I don't think FRLG or HGSS would have been made at all for nostalgia purposes alone, the only real reason they were made was to enable people to fill their Pokedexes to account for incompatibility between Generations I/II and III/IV.

And that's why I wouldn't buy a remake of the 3rd Generation games. I still have Ruby and Sapphire, and I've transferred all of my Pokemon from Ruby onto Diamond. I have no need of it any more, as I have all the Pokemon from the Hoenn region; so, even though I loved Hoenn and its Pokedex, buying the remakes would be a waste of money for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back