• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think they will use similar graphics to B/W I mean I don't see it changing majorly and I don't really see how it can.. yet.

jvpski3

Banned
    Years
    Wasn't interested in R/S; loved Emerald though.
    I think that it'll be called FireRuby and IceSapphire, basically cause Kyogre is in an ice fortress; and Groudoun is in a volcano.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't think they would re-use the "Fire" adjective for another remake, tbh. I would lean more towards like EarthRuby and SeaSapphire.

Years
    I agree with Toujours. Maybe Ice Sapphire and Rock Ruby? I dont really like those names though. I think it would be something more...closely associated with the games.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
    i doubt thats a hint, they're coming out in october, if they were going to do promotion for it they would release new goods around the release of the games.
    They may announce the games with that release or close to that and create already the intent of people buying 3rd Generation stuff again. Would't surprise me.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
    True. I doubt anyone expected HeartGold and SoulSilver to be named what they were, I bet Nintendo will pull that card again.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    i doubt thats a hint, they're coming out in october, if they were going to do promotion for it they would release new goods around the release of the games.

Ooh... October. Just a thing but I noticed that the 3rd/4th of October are the last days players can download five or so Japanese Black and White C-Gear skins. Idk but the fact that it all spans across two days seems kinda interesting imo and could hint to the end of Black and White promotion and rather R/S. :x Cause really let's see. HGSS had an announcement in May & release in September, which = 4 months pretty much. 4 months from October would make it about February which -would- be in 2012, aka Japan's release year so 10 year anniv could work...?

Idk I think R/S remakes will be announced soon though tbh from this.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    I thought HGSS were really good, and BW should have been more like them. But I think nintendo is saving the awesome HGSS features (auto run, menu on touch screen, etc.) for RSE remakes. Plus, an RSE remake would be awesome.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The more I hear about the possible hints and outcomes for a RS remake the more I continue to be soo excited. The day I hear that it's official, I'm going to run around the house and go crazy to be honest. Also whatever name they pull out for the remakes, I would hope it's actually pretty decent and not over the top, cheesy or anything.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The picture is sooooo not fake! Can't you tell? it's from a magazine, obviously.

.,:;'`Ghost`';:,.
    Considering it came from a hack site, it pretty much is. Plus there are ways to make things look real and official, pointing out that it's from a magazine doesn't necessarily mean it really is. Anyway the screenshot has lots of flaws considering some things in it were taken and edited from HGSS and all.

dutchmuffin77

...not dutch
    Years
    it would be cool if they remade it, but unlike the first and second generations there isnt as much of demand for graphic updates, which seemed to be a big reason for the first remakes.

leews24

ha
    Years
    Talk about graphics. I'm kunda wishing this remake would be less 3D.
    I mean, yeah, its really cool, but it just doesnt feel right.
    I'd rather like it 2D, or a mixture of both like 4th gen.

And the naming could be just obvious. FireRed and LeafGreen.
    It could be Magma Sapphire, and AquaRuby, swithing em around,
    and then mixing the story a bit.
    I mean, the story did feel like it needed something.

Years

Considering it came from a hack site, it pretty much is. Plus there are ways to make things look real and official, pointing out that it's from a magazine doesn't necessarily mean it really is. Anyway the screenshot has lots of flaws considering some things in it were taken and edited from HGSS and all.

Ah, Why would someone go through the trouble doing that?

.,:;'`Ghost`';:,.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back