• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Talk about graphics. I'm kunda wishing this remake would be less 3D.
    I mean, yeah, its really cool, but it just doesnt feel right.
    I'd rather like it 2D, or a mixture of both like 4th gen.

And the naming could be just obvious. FireRed and LeafGreen.
    It could be Magma Sapphire, and AquaRuby, swithing em around,
    and then mixing the story a bit.
    I mean, the story did feel like it needed something.
    I see where you get the idea from twisting around the names like that, kind of like how they changed mascots around for Black and White. However changing around the names instead...it sounds pretty weird. I wouldn't mind them mixing the story a bit though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    I don't believe I saw anyone point this out but another way i can see the scan of the characters being fake is Brenden (spell check?) and May's clothes are exactly the same as their original ones. If you haven't noticed in all the remakes the boy's clothes were modified and the girls clothes were completely changed (this only applies to HG|SS as there was no female protagonist in R|B|Y, however there was one in Crystal). Just thought I'd point that out.

One another hand I would definitely buy a R|S|E remake (it's the only gen where I had all 3 games) because I would like to see how they would change the pokemon contest and I wanna see if they would keep the Battle frontier as they had it in Emerald or make it how they have it in D|P|PT & HG|SS . Other than that I liked the Hoenn Rgion and the games.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Outside of what has already been mentioned, I have yet to find evidence of Hoenn remakes in BW, at least not to the degree Johto remakes were hinted at in DPP. Does that mean I don't think they will come? No. Maybe they just don't want to make it so obvious this time around.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I don't know if anyone noticed this, but I was playing my Sapphire game the other day and I noticed something interesting.

In the Devon Corporation building, on the second floor with all the scientists, one of them talks about his current project:

pokemonsapphire1.png
    pokemonsapphire2.png
    pokemonsapphire3.png

This sounds a lot like the Dream World to me! A future reference to B/W?!?!?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, I've picked up on that previously ^

I do think it's linked in some way, I hope so anyway. The minute I find out about R/S/E remakes, like I did with HG/SS, I will go crazy, I will be grinning!

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • I just hope if they remake R/S they keep the contests as they were in their day.. I loved them, to have them in the fifth generation would be.. Ugh, i'd be beyond happy.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • I don't know if anyone noticed this, but I was playing my Sapphire game the other day and I noticed something interesting.

In the Devon Corporation building, on the second floor with all the scientists, one of them talks about his current project:

pokemonsapphire1.png
    pokemonsapphire2.png
    pokemonsapphire3.png

This sounds a lot like the Dream World to me! A future reference to B/W?!?!?
    There's someone else says that he's developing a device that it can makes you talk with your Pokemon, I think we'll see that in generation 6.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Jesus Christ please don't try and make people use the Dream World website again Nintendo.

I wonder how many man-hours were wasted programming the connectivity for that into BW.

Years
  • I just hope it doesn't feel as "slow mo" as HGSS did. Everything from battles to using the PC took so long.

I can see it being called Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire (even if those are the name of the villain groups from that gen). Really like that idea tbh! The "Heart" and "Soul" from HGSS didn't make much sense or tie into the games' plot at all yet names like Black and White are somewhat obvious. We'll have to wait and see what route they take.

Years
  • Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire seem to be names that everyone is guessing. I honestly think they're pretty good names, and actually hope they use them. I especially like Aqua Sapphire. These names would be perfect for the remakes imo.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • Of course it wont be called Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire, they will come up with a
    name that we won't expect like HG/SS.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I think it won't look anything like that - they'll probably use the system jump to overhaul the graphics engine totally again. I could go into detail about how 3D Pokémon is easier to make than 2D sprites at this point but I really don't want to.

You're talking about Like Pokemon XD type graphics but as a 'main series' game, right?

As soon as I read your posts about them pretty much certainly using 3ds graphics and the new engine, etc. that's what I had pictured. If that is the case, this will be a HUGE change(of which I would be very happy to see) to R/S/E + possibly Gray(just a little weird to picture the 3rd game of B/W with such a big difference in graphics) and all future pokemon handheld games.

Now don't get me wrong, I love sprites, etc. and all that the current/previous pokemon handheld games had to offer, but I think this opens up more possibilities than others think/want to believe.As you've said before, there is much more space available on 3ds games, so that would be able to help in adding more to the story + any extras + the big graphic change.

It would also definitely give it a better feel as if you were in the region(weather, possible seasons, cut scenes, etc), imo at least.

Anyways, I would say Hoenn was also my favorite region too because of everything you could do: secret bases, 3rd Gen contests, etc. and I loved the originals, but I think the 3ds and any future nintendo handhelds could make the main games even more alive and amazing.

P.S. I just hope we also get the original main games on the 3ds VC at some point so we could have both new and old. ;D

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Now don't get me wrong, I love sprites, etc. and all that the current/previous pokemon handheld games had to offer, but I think this opens up more possibilities than others think/want to believe.As you've said before, there is much more space available on 3ds games, so that would be able to help in adding more to the story + any extras + the big graphic change.

Seriously. We've come to a point that a lot of developers have met before, especially with RPG games - that point where sprites just don't work anymore.
    If you look at the jump to 3D taken by games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Golden Sun you'll find the battle scenes suddenly become far more dynamic and full off like because they can animate so much easier, the camera can move around and pull of much more dynamic sequences. You can see it too just playing Pokémon Stadium or related games - Pokémon respond to taking damage, being knocked out and performing attacks, which is much more animation than Black and White ever had.

There's simply too many Pokémon to handle anymore - it's enough of a challenge for the artists to draw over 600 sprites, front and back, for every Pokémon that they don't have the time to animate them well at the same time, which leaves us with a very static and dull battle screen.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Just seen this on Serebii!

TV Tokyo has posted the summary for the episode of Pokémon Smash, a variety show that covers all aspects of the franchise, due to air next week on Sunday 18th of September. In this summary, it mentions that Pokémon Game Creator, Junichi Masuda is set to appear on the show with a massive shock announcement. While it is possible that the announcement could be unrelated to a new game such as the reveal of Keldeo or the other new Pokémon, his announcements in the past similar to this have ended up being new games. This follows on from Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara hinting that there are more surprises coming this year. If it is a game announcement, it's possible that the reveal of this game will be in CoroCoro, which is due any day now and/or in Nintendo's special 3DS conference in Japan on Tuesday morning. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation on the announcement as and when it comes.
    Edit @ 20:58 BST; The official site's Pokémon Smash site also details this, but doesn't reference Masuda's appearance, but states that "Latest Game Information" is to be revealed. This does not necessarily confirm the above, but leads in the right direction

Fingers crossed everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back