• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • ^ Beat me to it!

Yeah Im hoping for an R/S remake announcement, lets face it, it would be ideal considering it would be released early 2012 (10th Anniversary) although unfortunately I see it more being a third game to B/W but im still hoping! I don't mind a third game but I'd much prefere a remake.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • ^ Beat me to it!

Yeah Im hoping for an R/S remake announcement, lets face it, it would be ideal considering it would be released early 2012 (10th Anniversary) although unfortunately I see it more being a third game to B/W but im still hoping! I don't mind a third game but I'd much prefere a remake.
    I support this idea. Let's face it, HG/SS came 10 years after Gold and Silver. Why not do the same to celebrate RS release?

644Klaww

LittleBigPlanet + Pokemon = <3
    Years
  • I just read 20 pages back into the thread, to the E4 champion discussion, and I thought that since Gen III was when they invented the Double Battle, they could possibly make the final battle in the league into a team battle... You and your rival VS Steven and Wallace? I dunno if that's too big of a change or not though, and it could possibly be too easy...

Also, I hope the Pokenav will be updated with some of the C-Gear's features. IR Trading and battling is awesome! :D

I'd love it if they went and added a special Wi-Fi event for you to go to the moon or a meteor or something to catch Jirachi/Deoxys. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    it would be wonderful for this announcement they are planning to be an R/S remake for the 3DS. I wouldnt be surprised, but happy. Id definately buy a 3DS and both games. Hoenn in 3D would be epic.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I doubt it'd be fore 3DS. How would we be able to obtain the other pokemon from other generations? It'd be mostly likely for DS. Besides, Nintendo ssaid they'd still make Pokemon games for the DS. I think the 2D era will end with the 3rd game for B/W than the'd move on to the 3DS and produce Colosseum style games.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I have some ideas for some storyline differences.
    -The mascot that isn't for your game will probably be obtainable at some point. Probably at the bottom of the cave of origins after certain conditions are met.

-If you're playing AquaSapphire, Team Aqua will attempt to capture Manaphy at some aftergame location. Probably in a dive cave on one of the Ocean Routes. If you're playing MagmaRuby, Team Magma will attempt to capture Heatran at some aftergame location. Probably a cave in the desert.

-After obtaining the Regis, Regigigas will be available in a hidden Passage of the cave you unlocked the Regis with.

-At some aftergame location, you will find N. Probably saying something about trying to "Find Himself" and engages you in a battle. Whether he would use the same Team as he did in BW I am unsure about. If so, he will use Reshiram in MagmaRuby and Zekrom in AquaSapphire

-Zekrom will be available at the top of Rayquaza's Tower in MagmaRuby after Catching Rayquaza and obtaining the National Dex. The same would go for Reshiram in AquaSapphire.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Edit @ 00:34 BST; Something that may destroy the flames; Pokémon Smash's episode just aired in Japan and mentioned that Mewtwo is to be given away through an event soon with details to be revealed next week. The preview showcased Masuda coming in and showing a sign, blanked out, with a caption saying that there's a revelation of the Present.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Mewtwo event is the whole 'announcement' they're rambling on about and still hope there's a game arising.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I doubt it'd be fore 3DS. How would we be able to obtain the other pokemon from other generations? It'd be mostly likely for DS. Besides, Nintendo ssaid they'd still make Pokemon games for the DS. I think the 2D era will end with the 3rd game for B/W than the'd move on to the 3DS and produce Colosseum style games.

As I'm pretty sure was said before on this thread somewhere, we still have WiFi, don't we? In that way, it wouldn't be tough at all to make them compatible, so what would be the harm in it becoming a 3ds game? Pretty much all regions are now in the Ds line, so it would only have to go back that far anyways(easily).

Besides, we're not too sure on when they started working on the games anyway, if it was more recent than we think, it would actually be a much smarter move to develop the games for the 3ds. Regardless of them still making Ds games involving pokemon, don't you think it'd be smarter for them(if they want to help boost 3ds sales, etc.) to put a MAIN SERIES pokemon game on their newest system?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • As I'm pretty sure was said before on this thread somewhere, we still have WiFi, don't we? In that way, it wouldn't be tough at all to make them compatible, so what would be the harm in it becoming a 3ds game? Pretty much all regions are now in the Ds line, so it would only have to go back that far anyways(easily).

Besides, we're not too sure on when they started working on the games anyway, if it was more recent than we think, it would actually be a much smarter move to develop the games for the 3ds. Regardless of them still making Ds games involving pokemon, don't you think it'd be smarter for them(if they want to help boost 3ds sales, etc.) to put a MAIN SERIES pokemon game on their newest system?
    I agree. But I doubt it'd be the same 2D experience. I've never know a 3DS to have wireless communications with the DS. If it does, than wow.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    What if the news about the release of the Mewtwo turns out to be something much bigger... like a new forme for Mewtwo? I could see a Mewtwo with armor. Maybe it'll be a segway into a Yellow remake.

I still think it's too soon for a Ruby/Sapphire remake, especially considering we just got the Gold/Silver remake two years ago. But a Red/Blue remake... considering how much they have been promoting Venusaur C-Gear skins and whatnot, that could be a possibility...

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I agree. But I doubt it'd be the same 2D experience. I've never know a 3DS to have wireless communications with the DS. If it does, than wow.

Yeah it wouldn't be the same, but it would open a window to many more possibilities because of the 3ds having much more space in it's games. Xd, etc. weren't the same feel because they weren't 'main games', but it would truly be amazing to see them implement the graphics into main series games. It would definitely make the region more lively, give it more feel as if you were there.

Btw, I'm not too sure on what you mean with the wireless communications situation as I think you mean games being compatible instead of the actual systems(as we still have Ds download on the 3ds), but I could be wrong.

^Even so...let's say they did decide to start the 3ds line of main games(in this case, Gen VI), I highly doubt that ALL pokemon would be available in just those 2 games. With that in mind, they would have to make it backwards compatible with the Ds games somehow, as I'm sure that they wouldn't want us to have to wait a couple years + for anymore possible remakes or games for us to be able to complete a huge majority of the pokedex. It'd be better to get that issue solved sooner than later.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • Edit @ 00:34 BST; Something that may destroy the flames; Pokémon Smash's episode just aired in Japan and mentioned that Mewtwo is to be given away through an event soon with details to be revealed next week. The preview showcased Masuda coming in and showing a sign, blanked out, with a caption saying that there's a revelation of the Present.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Mewtwo event is the whole 'announcement' they're rambling on about and still hope there's a game arising.
    I'm pretty sure this is not the whole thing, they are making people
    think that this is only the announcement, then in any time from now
    they are going to announce the 3rd game or the remakes, that would be a surprise.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I still think it's too soon for a Ruby/Sapphire remake, especially considering we just got the Gold/Silver remake two years ago. that could be a possibility...
    It's not too soon. In fact, R/S' 10th anniversary is the perfect timeframe for a remake.

But a Red/Blue remake... considering how much they have been promoting Venusaur C-Gear skins and whatnot,
    Symbolism. The current generation and the first generation.
    Plus, we already have FRLG and the Kanto portion of HGSS.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah I doubt it would be the Mewtwo thing otherwise we already know about it and it's no big announcement. It will be Mewtwo related and THEN they will probally go onto unveiling a new game as a unexpected surprise, heres hoping for an R/S remake.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It's not too soon. In fact, R/S' 10th anniversary is the perfect timeframe for a remake.
    I agree with this. Some are saying this could all be a third game to Black and White and whatnot, but I think it's a bit too early to come out with a remake for the two games. That's just what I think, anyway. And it would totally fit if they'd have R/S remakes released on its 10th Anniversary.

All this talk about how soon and possible these games can be announced/released is making me pretty exciteeeeedd. n___n

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back