• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
  • I have some ideas for some storyline differences.
    -The mascot that isn't for your game will probably be obtainable at some point. Probably at the bottom of the cave of origins after certain conditions are met.

-If you're playing AquaSapphire, Team Aqua will attempt to capture Manaphy at some aftergame location. Probably in a dive cave on one of the Ocean Routes. If you're playing MagmaRuby, Team Magma will attempt to capture Heatran at some aftergame location. Probably a cave in the desert.

-After obtaining the Regis, Regigigas will be available in a hidden Passage of the cave you unlocked the Regis with.

-At some aftergame location, you will find N. Probably saying something about trying to "Find Himself" and engages you in a battle. Whether he would use the same Team as he did in BW I am unsure about. If so, he will use Reshiram in MagmaRuby and Zekrom in AquaSapphire

-Zekrom will be available at the top of Rayquaza's Tower in MagmaRuby after Catching Rayquaza and obtaining the National Dex. The same would go for Reshiram in AquaSapphire.
    There's no way N will be in any remake. Black/White happen a while after Johto/Sinnoh, with them taking place 3 years after Kanto/Hoenn. Unless we discover he was born as a lad called Wally and as revenge for being defeated by you he changed his name to N and became a maniac.

leews24

ha
    Years
  • Hmmm. Come to think of it, Wally could be a bigger character.
    9 years have passed, maybe Wally could turn out to be sone sort of guide in the game.
    like.... in original rse, the main character helps Wally catch pokemon.
    Now, it could be the other way around, Wally help you catch pokemon.
    Or there could be some random battles with him, or other events... like Steven..

One more quick idea...
    The female main character could be iris...
    That could seem crazy, but the characters in HGSS recieved redisigns
    Since May was in the tv shows,,, it could be Iris, since she's not the main in BW but is in the tv shows...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • There's no way N will be in any remake. Black/White happen a while after Johto/Sinnoh, with them taking place 3 years after Kanto/Hoenn. Unless we discover he was born as a lad called Wally and as revenge for being defeated by you he changed his name to N and became a maniac.

Is there any evidence that states the timeline of Pokemon at all? I really don't understand why it's always assumed that Kanto and Hoenn were on the same Timeline. If someone has evidence to back this up, please tell me.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Is there any evidence that states the timeline of Pokemon at all? I really don't understand why it's always assumed that Kanto and Hoenn were on the same Timeline. If someone has evidence to back this up, please tell me.
    One way of RSE and FRLG in the same time is having to collect the ruby and sapphire in FRLG, Bill or Celio one mention Lannette who is the PC Nerd in Hoenn. DP mention the Red Gyarados at the beginning of the game so that's how it is with GSC.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • One way of RSE and FRLG in the same time is having to collect the ruby and sapphire in FRLG, Bill or Celio one mention Lannette who is the PC Nerd in Hoenn. DP mention the Red Gyarados at the beginning of the game so that's how it is with GSC.

How does that mean anything. Just because Bill or Celio mention Lannette doesn't mean that at that time Brendan/May was going through their quest in Hoenn. And as far as DP mentioning the Red Gyarados, I'm pretty sure that the image on the TV screen shows Mt. Coronet in the Background.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Johto is after sinnoh, for the fact that jasmine is there talking about johto. She couldnt be there and in johto if they were happening at the sametime

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Johto is after sinnoh, for the fact that jasmine is there talking about johto. She couldnt be there and in johto if they were happening at the sametime

So you're saying that she was in Sinnoh 'before' the events in Johto take place?

EDIT: In Gen II we don't stay in Olivine the whole game, so perhaps, while we weren't there, she went and visited Sinnoh?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I do believe N could appear in Hoenn as a post-storyline event type of think, maybe if they implament seasons you could battle him as he visits Hoenn say every Summer & Winter. Either that or he has a important part of the storyline, or he could just not be in it AT all.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I know, I was too especially an R/S remake, but I'm not TOO let down as I really enjoyed Pokepark actually and it was my favourite game for the Wii. Maybe next year for them! we might get info about an R/S remake early 2012 because it's the 10th anniversary next year, that's what I'm hoping anyway same goes for the third game.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    The new Pokemon game is PokePark2 I was hoping for the remakes or the 3rd game...:(

I know, I was too especially an R/S remake, but I'm not TOO let down as I really enjoyed Pokepark actually and it was my favourite game for the Wii. Maybe next year for them! we might get info about an R/S remake early 2012 because it's the 10th anniversary next year, that's what I'm hoping anyway same goes for the third game.

Hopefully it means that they get the actual care they need to be the amazing games they should be, with more development time. Cheer up. :)

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • But the PokePark announcement was in Coro Coro, not in the TV show
    that claimed to have a massive shock announcement, so it could be
    very well be another announcement.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Well I did some research and the exact 10th anniversary for the release of R|S is November 12th 2012 in Japan & March 19th 2013 in the US. How I see it happening is either Winter 2011 or Spring 2012 we will get an announcement for remakes and then Fall 2012 it will be released in Japan, then in Fall 2012 or Winter 2012 the US will get the announcement and the release in spring 2013. Of course there will be details released between the announcement and the release. But it could also happen sooner than this. ( <---Hoping for this [the bold text])

Edit: I'm sure in the R|S remakes they will implement ideas from Emerald as they did with HG|SS (It was a G|S remakes with features from Crystal ie: the female protagonist and the Eusine (spell check) & Suicune story line).

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah^

I too see something like that happening, I don't know where the third game fits in but somewhere around 2012 maybe mid 2012 we'll get Pokemon Grey or something, but I do see an R/S announcement Winter 2011/Early 2012 either that or a third game then the R/S a little later in the year.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I did some research and the exact 10th anniversary for the release of R|S is November 12th 2012 in Japan & March 19th 2013 in the US. How I see it happening is either Winter 2011 or Spring 2012 we will get an announcement for remakes and then Fall 2012 it will be released in Japan, then in Fall 2012 or Winter 2012 the US will get the announcement and the release in spring 2013. Of course there will be details released between the announcement and the release. But it could also happen sooner than this. ( <---Hoping for this [the bold text])

Edit: I'm sure in the R|S remakes they will implement ideas from Emerald as they did with HG|SS (It was a G|S remakes with features from Crystal ie: the female protagonist and the Eusine (spell check) & Suicune story line).
    I'm hoping anytime soon as well. n__n The sooner the better, but I can wait as long as they finally and officially get announced!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll have some of Emerald's features combine with the remakes as well. Hopefully we'll have an improved Battle Frontier! I'd really look forward to it for the remakes seeing as Emerald came out with that. What do y'all think? Would you like to see the Battle Frontier in the remakes, and do you think it'll be more improved from Platinum/HGSS'?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The way I see it, they have no reason not to include the Battle Frontier Brains from Emerald. Unlike HG/SS and Platinum, who shared the same Battle Frontier because of compatibility reasons, Black and White never came with a Battle Frontier; therefore a R/S remake can keep its original Frontier Brains, which I believe would be the proper choice to make. The most likely thing that may happen is that it's given a few enhancements from before ─ other than the obvious graphics change of course.

Years
  • I really am looking forward to a R/S remake. It's been so long since we battled the hoenn gym leaders and E4, and it is going to be so cool doing that again with new updated graphics.

They need to announce these remakes because this thread makes me excited xD

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    After looking around several different sites for a few days in my free time, it seems like a popular idea is that Gray is expected to be for the DS( enhancements on 3DS?) and Ruby/Sapphire remakes should start off the line of 3DS exclusives( backwards compatibility for trading?). It does seem to go along with the 'support for both consoles' idea, doesn't it? Although we don't know when it would've been started, so it could be for either.

Now that is just what I've seen by looking around. I myself still think both far more than deserve to be on the 3DS, especially RS remakes(Underwater, Groudon and Kyogre battling, Rayquaza scene, and much more obviously).

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I kind of hope its not for 3DS, because I had no interest in getting one.

Yeah but I'd expect that they would 'want' you to get one(lure you) of course.

We haven't even heard any news of Gray and what not so there is still a good chance that it could be on the 3DS. Black and White were most likely too far along in development by the time the 3DS came out(it came out months before the system in Japan).

Taking the "I don't want to get a 3DS for *fill in a reason*" idea away, wouldn't you also hope that the games be made for the new system? I know I probably would even if I didn'tcurrently have a 3DS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back