• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Maybe they just wanted to make people able to use those pokemon in B/W battles even if they won't make through with events for them.

There are also other things connected to third game left in B/W for no reason, for example God Stone(gray colored) which will be probably used to awake Kyurem. There are also two unused ice moves for Kyurem called Ice Burn and Freeze Shock which are counterparts to Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt. The word "fusion" can mean that probably Reshiram and Zekrom will be combined into one new form of Kyurem as mentioned in B/W.
    Fusion Bolt and Flare are called that because one of them becomes stronger after being used after the other. it has nothing to do with Pokemon fusing together(Plus that will never happen)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Maybe they just wanted to make people able to use those pokemon in B/W battles even if they won't make through with events for them.

There are also other things connected to third game left in B/W for no reason, for example God Stone(gray colored) which will be probably used to awake Kyurem. There are also two unused ice moves for Kyurem called Ice Burn and Freeze Shock which are counterparts to Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt. The word "fusion" can mean that probably Reshiram and Zekrom will be combined into one new form of Kyurem as mentioned in B/W.

It wouldn't be the first time they've removed unused data late. They did it between the Gen 3 to Gen 4 switch. An Ability was completely take out even though it wasn't used and I think Item codes were removed. Apricorns were also removed from the Pokemon games that didn't involve them.

The movie that shows the stones being used only showed Zekrom and Reshiram. While the movie with Kyurem, he is already out and about just like in the game.

The god stone could play another part, but that could end up in Generation 6 like how Lock Capsule which was introduced in Generation 4 but had no use was used in Generation 5 and contained Snarl.

Snarl is also an item implemented through coding, but you have no legal way of attaining. Gamefreak does this all the time. Seeing Item sprites and codes in the games doesn't mean anything. More than half the time its just old ideas they overlooked.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Fusion Bolt and Flare are called that because one of them becomes stronger after being used after the other. it has nothing to do with Pokemon fusing together(Plus that will never happen)

But in B/W it was said that they were once a one Pokemon. Kyurem form that we know now is so deformed and looks kinda like zombie because it's leftover from Reshiram's and Zekrom's split.

So why are there hidden Ice Burn and Freeze Shock? They are ice versions of Reshiram's and Zekrom's attacks. IMO they are hints that they will be combined into new form of Kyurem.

My guess is that in Gray N will catch new form of Kyurem at Dragonspiral Tower and after final battle with N it will split into Reshiram and Zekrom. Reshiram will escape to Relic Castle and Zekrom to Chargestone Cave, where player will be able to catch them.

Player will be able to collect Light Stone and Dark Stone and combine them into God Stone to catch new from of Kyurem.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    Then why would they say that there's a new Pokemon announcement in January?, they already revealed a new spin off in Jump festa.
    I think if it's about the new spin-off they would say there's going to be more information about this game in January Corocoro.
    The game hadn't been announced yet, they could hardly give information about it away if they weren't announcing it. (or am I missing something here?)
    Also, just a random question, why would they put Meloetta, Genesect and Keldeo in B/W if they didn't plan to have events released for them?
    This is the same thing that happened in gen IV with Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus, there were no major distributions of them until around the time that platinum came out. We still haven't had Arceus' event item (and probably never will).
    But in B/W it was said that they were once a one Pokemon. Kyurem form that we know now is so deformed and looks kinda like zombie because it's leftover from Reshiram's and Zekrom's split.

So why are there hidden Ice Burn and Freeze Shock? They are ice versions of Reshiram's and Zekrom's attacks. IMO they are hints that they will be combined into new form of Kyurem.
    I agree with this, I think the whole plot of grey will be about N trying to revive the original dragon, which will turn out to be Kyurem's complete form, taking power from both Zekrom and Reshiram.
    The movie that shows the stones being used only showed Zekrom and Reshiram. While the movie with Kyurem, he is already out and about just like in the game.
    The first movie trailer can't give away future games plots and events, they have to work with what we've already got. And all we've seen is a 2 second clip of Kyurem. Who's to say they haven't implemented a god stone and a new form into the movie? They wouldn't give away plot details like that this early on, the film isn't out for 8 months.

Years
    I'd rather have Pokemon Emerald's plot present in both, but being able to go to Terra Cave in the Ruby remake after the Groudon and Kyogre fight in Sootopolis City. And for the Sapphire remake finding Kyogre in Marina Cave. Both should be at level 45 obviously, Rayquaza being found after beating the Champion at level 70. Also having Wallace as the Champion, Juan as the final gym leader, and Steven in Meteor Falls. Except Steven is in the 80's and is weaker than Red in HG/SS and giving him an all Steel team with Pokemon like Klinklang, Ferrothorn, Magnezone, etc.

blue

gucci
    Years
    That will be the case most likely, they incorproted Crystal features into both HGSS so I can see them doing that with the remakes insteas of making a third game. I also see them maybe adding Dialga, Palkia & Giritina like they added Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza to HGSS.. or atleast some 3 set of legendarys.

Blazivoir

Fire Breather
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2011
    I really do hope they remake ruby and sapphire on the 3ds, travelling around hoenn in 3d would be glorious. I also hope they remake red and green again for 3d as then all generations will be compatible with the 3ds.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    That will be the case most likely, they incorproted Crystal features into both HGSS so I can see them doing that with the remakes insteas of making a third game. I also see them maybe adding Dialga, Palkia & Giritina like they added Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza to HGSS.. or atleast some 3 set of legendarys.

Yeah, I think we'll see the DPP legends in the game.

Id also love to see them use that white, wishing rock in Mosdeep for an event for Jirachi, or even Shaymin. But it'd suit Jirachi the most.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, they had 12 legendarys in HGSS so they will have maybe 10-12 in a RS remake hopefully such as Jirachi, Deoxys, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Regigigas & Keledo or something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Yeah, they had 12 legendarys in HGSS so they will have maybe 10-12 in a RS remake hopefully such as Jirachi, Deoxys, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Regigigas & Keledo or something.

It'll probably have even more than that. Unless if Kanto was remade again, they'll likely be obligated to include all previous legendary Pokemon that were not obtainable, such as Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, and possibly even Meloetta, Genesect, and Mew (in reference to Pokemon Emerald).

blue

gucci
    Years
    Oh yeah, forgot about Uxie, Mersprit & Azelf.. infact they will most probally be in it considering they weren't in HGSS or BW even though it's not impossible to transfer from DPPT.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021

Yeah, I think we'll see the DPP legends in the game.

Id also love to see them use that white, wishing rock in Mosdeep for an event for Jirachi.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Jirachi has never had an in-game event in the main series, right? It'd be good for them to put it in the R/S remakes then, especially since that wishing rock would be so suitable for Jirachi.

In the remakes I think the legends we'll see are:
    1. Kyogre/Groudon
    2. Latios/Latias
    3. Mew
    4. Ho-Oh
    5. Lugia
    6. Deoxys
    7. Regice/Regirock/Registeel
    8. Rayquaza

Those are from the original R/S/E games, but in the remakes I think we'll also see:
    9. Dialga/Palkia
    10. Jirachi
    11. Regigigas
    12. A legendary from B/W, probably Keldeo

That would be an awesome set of legendaries. I just love Hoenn so much, its by far my favorite. The gameplay in R/S/E was great. I loved the contests, battle frontier, the unique towns/cities, dive, berries and also things like the Regi quest and places like Meteor Falls.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    That would be an awesome set of legendaries. I just love Hoenn so much, its by far my favorite. The gameplay in R/S/E was great. I loved the contests, battle frontier, the unique towns/cities, dive, berries and also things like the Regi quest and places like Meteor Falls.

Yeah, Hoenn is so great because it was planned to be remade in 5th gen from the very beginning. That's why D/P/Pt are IMO a bit lacking in fun atmosphere of the game. HG/SS are IMO much more playable than D/P/Pt, but I guess 5th gen will be definitely the best with Gray and R/S remakes.

Could that mean 5th gen is final? No 6th gen?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Id prefer R/S remakes to come out, and then for Gray to come out. It'd be nice to take a break from Unova with the R/S remakes, and then go back to Unova after the remakes. I'm not really THAT excited for Gray, but is the R/S remakes come first, that would probably be enough time for me to get excited for Gray. I just want to see my favorite Gen remade. Hoenn is going to look amazing with B/W style graphics.

If it was made for 3DS, Id buy one just for it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Id prefer R/S remakes to come out, and then for Gray to come out. It'd be nice to take a break from Unova with the R/S remakes, and then go back to Unova after the remakes. I'm not really THAT excited for Gray, but is the R/S remakes come first, that would probably be enough time for me to get excited for Gray. I just want to see my favorite Gen remade. Hoenn is going to look amazing with B/W style graphics.

If it was made for 3DS, Id buy one just for it.

I want remakes first too but now I'm afraid R/S remakes will come out after Gray.
    January Corocoro probably will be about that new spin-off from Jump Festa and Grey will come out in September 2012 so it doesn't look promising...
    Maybe they will surprise us and release R/S remakes after Kyurem movie but from marketing point it doesn't make much sense.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    In my own opinion, I think they should remake Emerald and Yellow, since alot of people complained about there being no Pokémon Yellow Remake back when Fire Red/ Leaf Green hit the markets.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I want remakes first too but now I'm afraid R/S remakes will come out after Gray.
    January Corocoro probably will be about that new spin-off from Jump Festa and Grey will come out in September 2012 so it doesn't look promising...
    Maybe they will surprise us and release R/S remakes after Kyurem movie but from marketing point it doesn't make much sense.

Whatever game will be released in September this year will probably be revealed in April or May. Usually they get unveiled on the official website a few days before Coro Coro is out, so Coro Coro provides detail and pics of the game so Im really hoping for R/S remakes. I think its more likely that it'll be Gray though because of the Kyurem movie. I just don't want to have to wait till 2013 for R/S remakes (it'll be 2013 in Japan, but that means it'll get released in English in 2014.. yikes).

R/S first, then Gray please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back