• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • One of the things that alot of people didn't like was the lack of things to do after the storyline. So maybe they would make a place to go after the E4? Not a whole region, but something like the Sevii islands. Hoenn does have alot of unused land on its map. I doubt it, but maybe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    One of the things that alot of people didn't like was the lack of things to do after the storyline. So maybe they would make a place to go after the E4? Not a whole region, but something like the Sevii islands. Hoenn does have alot of unused land on its map. I doubt it, but maybe.
    Also they should make a place there where you can fight the Gym leaders of Kanto and rematch the Gym leaders of hoenn.

Years
  • Noooo, they should make R/S/E remakes for DS AAAAAAND 3DS so if they have gens 1-4 on DS YOU CAN TRADE EASILY THROUGH THEM ALL

1. A 3DS can trade with a DS.
    2. There's a huge diffrence in programing between the 3DS and the DS. It would be like 2 diffrent games to make. They would never make it for both.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

I thought that myself and was quite disappointed with the whole removing of the system, although you may be right and it could have been left out purposely to be re-introduced in a remake possibly.

Also, I'd like to see Hoenn with the Physical/Special split.

The Berry thing was slowly dying. Wasn't a fan favorite system. I mean D/P/Pt there were less placed to grow them, and in HG/SS you could only grow them in the pots cause they were replaced with Apricorn Trees. Its been a slow decline for the Berries.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I too miss the berry growing. Using pots just isn't the same satisfaction as being able to plant them all over.

Years
  • The only thing I miss from R/S/E games are the secret bases. I hope they will be in the remakes in some way.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • As unpopular as it may have been it was still a great realistic feature and useful for strategic battles for those who use berrys I'd assume the new way of getting them in B/W is from Rangers or DW but I do hope it makes a return in a remake. I didn't make much use of the Secret Bases the thing I miss most about RSE is the games itself.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Also, I'd like to see Hoenn with the Physical/Special split.

Wouldn't the P/S split be mandatory? Considering how the metagame has shaped over the past two generations? I think it'd be pretty dumb on Gamefreak's part to completely redo the game. That and if the don't include the split, then trading Pokemon around would become.. interesting, to say the least.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but here's a minor reason that a remake of ruby/sapphire makes sense

as of now, there is no way to grow/obtain berries in generation five games unless through the dreamworld. Even so, it is really tedious to get the berries you want. R/S/E were the first generation where you can grow berries, therefore if they remake it in gen 5, you can trade berries over without having to deal with dreamworld crap.

I don't know how I haven't thought of this yet. I hate the DW system. I will buy the remake, if only for this feature haha. That is if I weren't planning to buy it anyways :P Besides, to say the berry feature was dying is inaccurate seeing as berries are some of the most used items in competitive battling.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    After the Berry Pot and growing Berries in Game kinda takes away from the use of Growing Berries in the Dream World, I can't see that feature coming back. Maybe they'll give another pot with extended potting.

Also...they killed Contests for the Musical now. Would Contests make a comeback? Contests were shrank to one city within the same generation so the idea died during the 3rd gen. Lack of the Contest specific stats kinda hurts support for Contests coming back. Also seems to deter us away from Remakes. They did remove two features that were made in Gen 3.

EDIT: Actually 3 things. They removed Pokeblocks for Poffin, and then they removed Poffin for the Apricorn Juice which was removed in Black and White even though they make reference to Poffins only in Narcerene Gym.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Well there's still a chance at them coming back in their old forms, like how bug contests came back in HGSS(example), despite not appearing in RSE/DPPt? You can't really use the 'the next games lacking *fill in the blank*' as an excuse to completely rule them out, tbh, with that in mind.

I see them making a comeback, although most likely updated(hopefully in a good way).

Years
  • The only thing I miss from R/S/E games are the secret bases. I hope they will be in the remakes in some way.

I think that having the secret bases being somehow compatible with wifi would be so cool. Like if you exchange friend codes then you can visit that person's secret base. That would be impressive.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
  • Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. Ruby is soo worth a remake. I still play Ruby all the time. I'd love to see a remake some day.

I think that having the secret bases being somehow compatible with wifi would be so cool. Like if you exchange friend codes then you can visit that person's secret base. That would be impressive.

That would be sweet. Like a scaled- up version of record mixing.

Last edited:

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I think that having the secret bases being somehow compatible with wifi would be so cool. Like if you exchange friend codes then you can visit that person's secret base. That would be impressive.

But if that was to happen then they HAVE to put Secret Power as a TM again. That move was used to make Secret Bases if I recall correctly.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Then if it happens, they might add more TMs , or change the whole list of TMs.
    What if they created a key item specifically for making Secret Bases? Similar to how they did for D/P/Pt (even though it was mainly just to get underground, but even underground they had a disposable item to make a Secret Base). Then they wouldn't have to redo the entire TM/HM list.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was thinking more along the lines of a move tutor (the free ones, not the shard or heart scale ones!) but an item would be okay too...but it kinda takes away from the best part about Secret Power, haha. So a move tutor would be my guess, and yes, wi-fi is a great thing for secret bases. :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    ^ I like it. Ooh! And what if you got special base decorations from Wi-Fi events? Or like, connecting to someone else's base from Wi-Fi give you a special base decorations. One that would be common, of course, since you'd get it just by connecting with one person, but still! I'd finally get Wi-Fi for that, fo' sho'. -is super addicted to Secret Bases-

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That'd be a great addition too! I used to love decorating my Secret Base, haha. Seeing that backdrops for musicals and such are given out for BW, I wouldn't mind seeing special decorations commemorating certain events given out for bases. Neat idea. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I thought it'd be cute. Kind of like how they had the Battle Frontier offer decorations as rewards in exchange for points. And maybe even a shiny doll! Like, one of the starters, but if you do some kind of event or whatever, you get the shiny version of your starter as a Pokedoll! 8D
    That, I would be all over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back