• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rusty II

When would you like the game to be released?

• Total voters

MysticSwampert

Lord of little people!
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 31, 2004
    I played Rusty II this morning and it was really good! The only problem was that I had to import files under the names of: don_pikachuu (Charset) and crown5 (Charset) why is this because they didnt appear in the game (or at least up to the point where i played). Apart from that, great game! Also, I've noticed that you two keep on talking about this battle system that you making. Is this with a game? When will it be able for download? Can everyone adapt it? Or just people that you've given permission (by the way, i think you might of given me permission in the first page in my thread. It's just I know somebody who might be starting a pokemon game and he asked me if I could ask you for him if he could adapt it.) Anyway, Good luck both of you with both projects!!!

chrissmith_uk

A.K.A. Dark_Lugia
    Years
  • yeh....

yeh mysticswampert, u plaayed it at my house 'cos your 56k connection couldn't handle it....... anyway, i thought it was ME who was playing it?

oh well. yeh, it's brilliant. i like the intro and the rusty thing that goes in circles. Oh yeh, i also like the graphics of the pokemon, and all the features like the battle system etc.....

in other words... its a GREAT game! :D

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
  • Hey rusty are you going to upload it to angelfire or somewhere else? Cause I have cable and when i download it says its downloading at 1.2 kb/sec. :shocked: THATS SLOWER THAN DIAL-UP!!!!!!!! :dead: gracias mi amigo.

Years
  • Thanks heaps guys! I know about the charasets but Don't you have the RPT? I tried it on another computer and I noticed I need to download that RPT thingie to play, I thought I included all the files.. Oh well this is only a demo..

Hmm.. about the battle system I know we will be using it in our game.. I will have to talk to my friend about releasing the battle system to the public.. I am writing a tutorial on how to add pokemon and attacks to the system, So if we did give a version to the public for ADAPTION then I would include that for sure. But the trouble is, there are always those people that download it and implement it in their game then they claim credit for it!!!! Hate people like that!
    As for your friend.. I'm sure we could work some thing out (Me and DarkMage that it)
    Thanks Chris, always good to hear positive comments! I'm glad you enjoyed it, I just wish there was a faster download. Most people don't play it because it takes too long.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
  • yeah i know.....

if i could download it i could upload it to a faster server, or even your angelfire account.(dont worry, i'm not a hacker that will steal your life from a password :D )

But still, speed is the worst problem on the net these days, so its not your fault.

Years
  • Thanks, I'm thinking about taking all the HTML from my downloads section and putting it in angelfire, then I could host the download from my site.. I think that's why it kept saying I was doing something wrong by their their terms and conditions.. I don't have time now though.. Maybe I will do it tonight
    EDIT: I needed to fix a few bugz in it anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    MysticSwampert said:
    I played Rusty II this morning and it was really good! The only problem was that I had to import files under the names of: don_pikachuu (Charset) and crown5 (Charset) why is this because they didnt appear in the game (or at least up to the point where i played).

Had the same problem. Meerkat, you're assuming that EVERYONE has the rm2k ADD-ON. Well, hate to break it to you, but most people don't. Most players and game creators have the basic RTP, but not the add-on. Don_pikachuu charset is only in the 1.32 add-on expansion to the RTP. So in the future, please include add-on files in the game folders.

But all in all, GREAT GAME :)! I've seen better, but you did really well on it. The only parts I dislike are:
    1.) The battle system wasn't very good. No offense, but if I liked that style of battle I wouldn't build games with Rm2k and Rm2k3. For an action battle like yours, you should use Game Maker 5. Anyway, Rm2k/3 are not meant for action battles.
    2.) Swearing. Yes, I know it's very mild swearing, but most parents won't want their 8-year-old pokemon lovers playing a game that uses even MILD swear words. Just making a point.

As for the enter hero name system, I see you used the Italian version of the RPG_RT.exe file. Well, it's annoying cuz it erases 2 letters and a time and only displays 2 letters at a time. To fix this, please use the RPG_RT.exe found at http://www.brunslo.com/infraticate/creation/rm2k/Rm2KEHN.zip
    It's a very good modification of the Italian file that allows you to see ONE letter at a time instead of TWO.

Anyway, keep up the good work. You're doin great.

Years
  • Well thanks very much for that HARSH critisism, Instead of telling me how i forgot various things and couldn't do my game properly, you should just KINDLY advise me of the problem I ALREADY KNEW about. When I export the full version I am going to use RM Tool to find all the needed files, so don't think I'm not capable of this. Furthermore, I do not care what types of battle systems you like and DO NOT recommend that I change to GM. I have put lots of hard work into this game and I didn't do it for nothing. What would you know about being a parent? DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A GAME!!!!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I couldn't download your game, but I'd like to help; if you need any that is.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    Krazy_Meerkat said:
    Well thanks very much for that HARSH critisism, Instead of telling me how i forgot various things and couldn't do my game properly, you should just KINDLY advise me of the problem I ALREADY KNEW about. When I export the full version I am going to use RM Tool to find all the needed files, so don't think I'm not capable of this. Furthermore, I do not care what types of battle systems you like and DO NOT recommend that I change to GM. I have put lots of hard work into this game and I didn't do it for nothing. What would you know about being a parent? DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A GAME!!!!

Meerkat, that was very uncalled for. I told you, your game is GREAT, I liked it a LOT, and I said to KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. So please chill out and cool down.

Let me review what I said. I can understand you being SLIGHTLY upsetted by the battle system suggestions, but not nearly enough to blow up like this! You have a serious temper problem.
    I happen to think my suggestion about using the better Enter Name RPG_RT.exe was a good one. It's quite simple to apply and makes the game better.

And I thought I made it VERY clear that you did great and your game is really neat.

At least I learned something from this: NEVER give constructive criticism OR praise to people like Krazy_Meerkat. I just get my head chewed off for the effort.

Anyway, if these are the kind of people that populate Pokecommunity, then I won't hang around here long.

Years
  • lol i didnt think i was that harsh. I just worked so hard on that then you come along and say its crap. I downloaded the rpg_rt.exe file but from the looks of the readme, it's exactly the same as the current one i have. I have tried using GM 5 but it just wasn't for me. I could never figure out how to do the rpg thing in there.. I will admit, GM is a very powerful tool but I don't like using it very much.. It is also possible to make online games in there (which i did) but i gave up after that..

I was just having a bad day, I'm sorry if i said anything to offend you.

Walker said:
    At least I learned something from this: NEVER give constructive criticism OR praise to people like Krazy_Meerkat. I just get my head chewed off for the effort.
    And another thing, shut up.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
  • uh oh..... get ready people, heres where the fighting could start :laugh: j/k

EDIT: Please stop fighting. And Walker, he was having a BAD DAY. Meaning he isn't mean(mad or whatever) ALL THE TIME. Why do i have to point out simple things like that? :tired:

Walker said:
    Anyway, if these are the kind of people that populate Pokecommunity, then I won't hang around here long.
    THAN DONT, CAUSE THIS IS LIFE. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.(note:i wasn't shouting, just highlighting the READ point) ;)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Alright ppls, time to shut it.
    walker said:
    Not everyone is like this. Don't make generalizations. It's not nice, and offensive to those who aren't how you describe the above person.

Meerkat, I don't think he was saying it was total C124P. It sounded like demanding constructive criticism to me- trust me. My message board is all about critique, and you have to constantly be splitting up fights.
    Example of poor message board conduct said:
    1: Story
    2: That sucked!
    1: No it didn't! You suck!
    2: wtf? Who are you to say I suck?
    Alright, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea. If you already knew about it, you probably should make a readme.txt or something with all the "known bugs" or say what you're currently fixing on this board. That's what I did, and it helps avoid arguments like this.

BTW, thanks for that link. My EHN deletes two at a time as well, but in the new game, that shouldn't be a problem ;) you'll see!

BTW again, RM Tool's rpg dependency scanner only scans for RPG 2000 RTP, not 2003. That's why I have problems with the files in my game. I have to add all the 2003 RTP manually.

Years
  • Yes but Pokemon Rusty II is actually rm2k so I am in the safe zone, that isn't going to work for the new game we're making though. I wish we had a rm2k3 dependency scanner! I can accept that critisism but I can't accept the way he stated that I was the type of person he didn't want to be around! That is an extremely uncalled for comment, He obviously thinks that I am always like that and that everyone else here is. If that's how he thinks then I'm not sure I want him here. EVERYONE has their bad days.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • You guys might already know this but if you want your games smaller import pictures as xyz it helps alot. If I didn't do that my game would be over 2mb but it is only 435kb :D yay :D Oh and that is in a .zip without the rpg_rt. Thats just a tip sorry if I went a bit off-topic. Krazy_Meerkat good luck with Pokemon Rusty II....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    Well. Anyway, sorry if I came across as overly critical. Seriously, Meerkat, I don't understand you. I said over and over again, i LIKE your game. It's great. It's cool. So what exactly is your problem?

I can understand if you were having a bad day and were irritable. But in that case could you please STOP the anger now?

See, on the forums I usually visit, people LIKE constructive criticism on their games. It helps them know what needs work, what popular opinion is, etc.
    But now that I know you don't like that at all, I won't do it again. I promise. In the future I just won't say anything.

DarkMage has been cool. Seems like the kind of guy that makes forums worth visiting.

Years
  • ok, can we got back to the topic here? I know you don't like that battle system, but if you liked the original one, you should have a look at the game me and DarkMage are making. it uses the original battle and should turn out to be a pretty good game by the looks of it..

Back