• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Umm, were talking about the house south of Fuschia City, where you can surf to the seafoam Islands. But in G/S/C, its destroyed because of the Cinnabar Volcano.

Years
Yea, and I dont think that afterwards they will build a house on dangerous property.

Perhaps, the person in vermilion city that has his Machop pounding the ground from r/b/y could have his house complete, (instead of 3 years and still not having his house complete) but, the house was, lets say, sold to Ashlees father, (or mother), and because they're next to the sea, (in vermilion :P) she could have taught her pikachu how to surf, and one day, she finds that you arrive in vermilion after the S.S. Anne incident, and becomes your rival for some odd reason, perhaps you messed her wave, and shes mad and battles you, and she loses, and gets mad, and then does whatever Zel originally wanted her to do.

Gaahhh... more ideas.. I just keep coming with them, I would be a great rom hacker, if I could learn scripting. xD

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Well with all these popular ideas, i think we going to give zel a headache from reading. I think we should give it a break, and wait for what zel really thinks.:)

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
It makes perfect sense that the S.S. Anne is sailing again in the game afterwards. In the season one of the anime it did sink, in the Cronicles Richie was sailing with it.

I also like the event with Team Aqua and Magma that was proposed, but you could do it like this: This island where you could go to should have the GS Ball underground beneath it.
During the first event where you'll find the Ball, you have to get back to Vermillion and go to Pallet Town, then show it to Prof. Oak. After having beaten one or two gyms you return to him and he'll give it back to you and will say to go back to Kurt with it. This could be done in the same way the Mystery Egg routine was done, only you get the Egg/GS Ball dummy back from Oak, and the real GS Ball you get from Kurt. After the Celebi event the S.S. Anne would sail again, or S.S. Aqua, if you prefer.
The in-game timespan would be like 3 months or so. Also, you could do something with the ferries, like a ticket that's supposed to take you to an island where you can get the Aerodactyl fossil, but where you have to beat the Aqua/Magma teams first to get it.
Just my 2 cents :)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Discussions, discussions... Make sure it doesn't get spammy, ok?

Anyway.. @Zel- If your refrencing(spelling =S) from the anime, then perhaps there should be a festival after you beat the elite four, and you hear about the "festival" and you go there, with fun stuff to do, (if you can impliment any of course(was thinking of Battle Frontier :P)) and about Jamie, he should have a Magikarp, lol, which you could put a scene of Jess getting angry at Jamie for wasting all their cash on a stupid Magikarp, xD

Eh... Wrong... Because we go to Kanto because there are more Gyms (at least in the original Gold), I don't want the game to become a copy of the anime, even though there may be a few ideas taken out of there, it still must be Gold, not an anime-based game. So, there's no Magikarp, and the cause of the wreckage will be an impact against some giant <insert something big here, if you want put an iceberg, and you have a nice "Titanic" scene> :P

Wait does zel have somebody thats does the sprites for him, and all he does is revamp them in the hack? Just curious.

Well, lately I'm using a lot of Enrico Marini's work. I do use some sprites by Red and Kike-Scott now. So, I'm doing less spriting than before (from me, still remain Bugsy, Morty and Pryce, and the rivals mentioned by flipboi)

Oh yea.. stranded on an island, perhaps that should be implimented aswell, lol, but it would be too much, because the exciting sounded shipwreck event seems too short, and pretty straight forward, but the island would be kewl, where there are giant robotic pokemon which were made by Zelcorp to take over Kanto, and then the world!!!

*cough* I think I took a trip through the evil side of Zel's brain.. o.o But seriously, perhaps there should be an Island where exotic rare pokemon occur, and you battle the leaders of team magma and aqua, except they're not seperate teams, they're working together, and after some events, you get them arguing over what they should do, and they seperate, creating both teams, and then the path to the cave where you go to Vermilion City is revealed, and after you get up to the top, an earthquake is caused by the feud between the team leaders, and causes an avalanche to block the way down. So, whatever you should have gotten from the island, you wont be able to get them again, even pokemon.

*cough cough* That took awhile, but ideas kept popping through making their way to fit in with what I wrote, lol. Perhaps its a little too detailed, but i think it would be a good addition to the shipwreck event. But after reading what I wrote, then the shipwreck event might seem lame, lol, but yea, good luck Zel, (Also, after taking a trip through the evil side of your brain, I found out some things, xD)

And... Once again, it's Razmaster with his wacky ideas... :laugh:
Seriously, I don't want to make too complex events. They would end up being too long to make, and that takes time... And, you know what that means, right?

Well it would be nice if zel would make a 2nd ship ride back to Johto so it make it faster to activate the celebi event, i mean after S.S. Anne sinks, would there be another ship available to use, because it would annoying to know when you walk by Vermillion, you cant take a ship back to Johto, any ideas?
Actually, I would prefer it if we got Celebii later on, I mean, you cant really have a ship there right away right after the last ship was shipwrecked, soo, it would take some time to build the S.S. Aqua. which is why you go out and do some new events, and acquire some badges. Then perhaps Proffesor elm or oak can phone the main character saying that some people just finished building the new S.S. Aqua, and the S.S. ticket that worked for the S.S. Anne will work for the S.S. Aqua because of the inconveniance the people had with the last ship.

Raz is right about this, it'll be some time till they make the other Ship, so, it'll be ready sometime around the end of Beta4.

It makes perfect sense that the S.S. Anne is sailing again in the game afterwards. In the season one of the anime it did sink, in the Cronicles Richie was sailing with it.

I also like the event with Team Aqua and Magma that was proposed, but you could do it like this: This island where you could go to should have the GS Ball underground beneath it.
During the first event where you'll find the Ball, you have to get back to Vermillion and go to Pallet Town, then show it to Prof. Oak. After having beaten one or two gyms you return to him and he'll give it back to you and will say to go back to Kurt with it. This could be done in the same way the Mystery Egg routine was done, only you get the Egg/GS Ball dummy back from Oak, and the real GS Ball you get from Kurt. After the Celebi event the S.S. Anne would sail again, or S.S. Aqua, if you prefer.
The in-game timespan would be like 3 months or so. Also, you could do something with the ferries, like a ticket that's supposed to take you to an island where you can get the Aerodactyl fossil, but where you have to beat the Aqua/Magma teams first to get it.
Just my 2 cents :)

I don't know about the part of giving the Ball to Oak (or Elm, it wouldn't matter), because I don't think that's how it happened in the Japanese version of Gold.
And... why do you insist on Magma/Aqua? I've said that they won't be in (I've even overwriting their battle sprites with the new people: leaders/rivals, so they are OUT)

Well with all these popular ideas, i think we going to give zel a headache from reading. I think we should give it a break, and wait for what zel really thinks.:)

Hehe... The wisest post I ever quoted, JOJO!

It's good to see ideas coming out of your heads, but, you should consider that making complex events require (even though you know I could make them) lots of time, meaning constantly delays, and maybe a game that never becomes complete. So, try to limit your ideas to things that wouldn't require too much time to make.
The event will remain as it was told.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I was playing v3 and got in Slowpoke Well... the Rocket Grunts are weird. The first one is harmless but doesn't do anything. I tried to talk to him and got a bunch of weird symbols in the text box, and the overworld sprite didn't move. Then I talked to the grunt above him and the colors got all messed up and the game froze...

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2008
Zel, you answered everyone but me. *cry* o.k. I'm fine.
I like the idea of a girl rival. and surfing pikachu sure fits a gold hack ^^
I don't get the joke about Ashlee.. someone else with a pikachu.. richie?.. so where does the LEE come from? o.o
btw, did anyone figure out how to evolve machoke/haunter yet?
if it's hapiness I'm screwed.. they keep fainting.( I play the X version.)
Edit: I posted about Shiny gold in a different forum, hope it gets some attention.

Last edited:
Years
Yeaa, I have lots of wacky ideas, perhaps you should make the giant thing that sinks the ship the giant Tentacruel that (ironically..) appeared in the anime, eheh, but I don't know if you could count that as anime as they took that along with many other episodes off the series, because of certain complaints.

Anyway, Zel, I'm going to send you a pm, because I want a secret question answered, o.o For publicity, I'll just say that I'm sending him a friendly Pm about how great I think Shiny Gold is, :P

rithwik

Modern story maker
Years
I was playing v3 and got in Slowpoke Well... the Rocket Grunts are weird. The first one is harmless but doesn't do anything. I tried to talk to him and got a bunch of weird symbols in the text box, and the overworld sprite didn't move. Then I talked to the grunt above him and the colors got all messed up and the game froze...
by superkid11

i got the same problem,what should i do,please can some one assist me (of coarse superkid11 and others who asked this question).thanks in advance.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
@zel: I know you can't make too long and complex events, it was just a proposal and a combination of previous ideas posted. ;)
Oh, and btw, can you post a spoiler on how to evolve Haunter to Gengar?

rune the 1st

......................... .....
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
Why does the girl look like blue?(yes i rea the 1st post) but can't you make her like other hacks have her?

yeah she does and when i say blue i mean in the japanese her name is blue not the garywannabe also I think you should check my post from last time with event for mew jirachi and mewtwo it might be good enough to put in your hack....I hope...
here it is
OK look this is how i think you should some legendaries I just trew out ideas from other things but I think it's ok...
1st you overhear two guys talking about a cave that grants wishes
then they see you and say you heard what they said then to "exterminate" you they double battle you. When they lose they dissapear. then you talk to people regarding a cave that grants wishes. the townsfolk say that they don't know but that there's a old sage that knows many things in the world. (somewhere....) and you go looks for him in (somewhere). He tells you that many have tried to pass trough this cave but few have suceeded (or something like that). then he tells you that it is near (somewhere). You go there looking for the cave and you find the two goons they tell you (blabity blah blah). and that whoever gets to the end of the cave 1st get's the wish. In the end you get there 1st but then you meet jirachi. He says that you will get a wish if you can beat/capture him. If you capture him he will get out of his pokeball and grant you your wish but the two trainerssay that you work for them and it's their wish and they wish to see mew. Jirachi believing them does it. Then they get outside and mew appears and runs away the two trainers are astonished and try to capture it but it runs away before they even throw the ball. Then they run away. you go tell this to proffesor oak he is astonished and tells you that it contains the DNA of all pokemon. he tells you to go look for it (somewhere) once you find you see the two trainers had found it before you. they capture mew in a container. then they go to a lab (in underground cinibar if you could) and once you find them you see the ultumate fighting pokemon has been made Mewtwo! mewtwo knocks the two scientist (trainers) out and comes to battle you tells you he is the strongest yadayada and then battles you. You defeat/capture him and then your character runs and finds mew in a weakened state but still ready to battle mew signals the trainer that he wants to join him but only if he can defeat him then defeat mew(make it so you can't catch him please) and he instantly joins your team :) well i hpe it was ok....
P.S if you use this you can make changes....

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
It doesn't really matter right now what level Lugia is. In Gold, the level needed for Aeroblast was exceeded, and thus, Lugia had no Aeroblast in gold version, same goes with Ho-Oh in Silver, but now the level needed to learn Sacred Fire/Aeroblast was changed to 77, so those moves are still obtainable.

So level doesn't matter. The higher the level, the more 'excitement' to catching Lugia, right? I might try and catch it with a Pokeball, seeing as how I've caught Ho-Oh already with a Great Ball.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
I disagree with you Marz. In my opinion, the rival battles are some of the funnest battles in the game, especialy the changing teams in SG. But this is just my opinion.

hey S D, love akatsuki thing, im a big naruto fan myself.

Back on topic, zel, ive got an idea for the legendary dogs. You can have an unknown puzzle for entei (a small one). Maybe like a jess and jamie event for raiku kinda like in the anime where TR is trying to capture Raiku. And make a small lake on an island between kanto and johto and you can catch it there after the gs ball event. Just some ideas

Last edited by a moderator:

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
But zel doesn't really want anime refrences, the ship and jess and jamie is an exclusion, but he doesnt want the game to be all based on the anime

dont get me wrong, i would like to get raikou? that way too, and do sum other stuff from teh anime, but its zel's choice and he don't wanna do alot of anime stuff

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Well, I guess that's true too. We'll just have to wait for him to tell us, or wait for us to find out ourselves.

Oh yeah, when zel releases the next part of the game, up to what part are we going to be able to get to? Does anyone have an idea?

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
prob only up to E4, maybe a bit of kanto, zel hasnt really said much of B4 has he?

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
*cough*3rd gym fight in Kanto*cough*

Where I got that mystical info...nobody knows...oooOOoooo...

Somewhere in the last 20 pages, lol.

So you can battle Lt. Surge, Sabrina, and Misty. I think (that's how my order went)

I also believe then, you can sail back to Johto, so you've got a complete Johto and a little of Kanto to explore when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back