• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
  • there's a way to, im just not sure how, a few people were discussing it a few pages back

EDIT: 100th post, WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2007
    Well I could use the same save file I had before and after updating the game to its latest version.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • I think zel said it would be all of johto and part of kanto.

and sorry if this has been asked before, but when the game is complete, will it be possible to get all 386 pkmn?

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
    Years
  • I think i've said this before so i'll say it again. Awsome Hack zel, and great scripting. Good Luck at this game and we all hope you finish it.

Narutonoor

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • People always ask the question about using the same save files from previous saves, easiest way to do this: REPATCH THE SAME ROM
    Now people, including Zel this could be troublesome but the only way I can see any of the side effects like events reoccuring and stuff is if he goes back and changes previous stuff, but doing that is preferctly fine I've been doing it for the last 3 betas with no errors so far. Besides the lack of fire pokemon in the game I have no problem

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think it's a bit late to say this, but great Titlescreen zel! xP

Also I was wondering, if you decide to put Mt.Sliver in (which you likely will), are you going to insert a few more trainers? Because Mt.Silver is supposed to prepare you for the Red battle, expect that there were no trainers(there might of been, i just have a bad memory..), will you add some trainers or a rival encounter, to prepare for Red or whoever?

Well, it had incredibly high leveled wild pokemon (except for Larvitar of course), which could help you prepare somewhat. I think someone had suggested a big rival meet-up because every one of your rivals ends up wanting to take on Red at the same time you do the first time you go there. I liked that idea and I hope zel puts it in.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2007
    GBA - Unable to enter Olivine Lighthouse - need help!!!

Dear Zel,

After reading this forum post, I now realized that ShinyGold version was a remaked. But nevertheless, I've enjoyed every moment of it.

Anyway, I've bought a copy of this ShinyGold version in a Gameboy Advance cartridge (not too sure whether it's a beta or not) on Feb 2007. I've progress throughout the game until I reach Olivine City. The rival said that Jasmine was attending to a sick pokemon at the lighthouse.

So, I proceed to the Olivine lighthouse. Now, my problem is with the Olivine Lighthouse. I can't enter via the main entrance door!!!! Oh dear...!!! I'm really stuck!

Am I missing something here? I hope you'll be able to provide a suggestion. I love to continue with this wonderful remaked.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    ZOMG 2700th post!!!!

anyway, I always thought that red was really easy because of his choice in pokemon... but if you're changing what he has to some hardcore stuff, then some more training opportunities would be nice. Of course, there's always the elite 4, but they were seriously nerfed in gold/silver, so if they got harder like in FR/LG, that would work well

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
    Years
  • Dear Zel,

After reading this forum post, I now realized that ShinyGold version was a remaked. But nevertheless, I've enjoyed every moment of it.

Anyway, I've bought a copy of this ShinyGold version in a Gameboy Advance cartridge (not too sure whether it's a beta or not) on Feb 2007. I've progress throughout the game until I reach Olivine City. The rival said that Jasmine was attending to a sick pokemon at the lighthouse.

So, I proceed to the Olivine lighthouse. Now, my problem is with the Olivine Lighthouse. I can't enter via the main entrance door!!!! Oh dear...!!! I'm really stuck!

Am I missing something here? I hope you'll be able to provide a suggestion. I love to continue with this wonderful remaked.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Sorry but you have fallen victim to a pirate. :pirate:

Unfortunately ShinyGold is still in beta and I believe one of the older betas only went up to the lighthouse and no further. It sounds like it was one of the older beta's if you are having trouble progressing on, as Zel ended each beta at a certain point where you cannot progress any further, e.g the current beta ends before the ice path which you cannot enter. So the cartridge it probably of no use now. Sorry.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    I found a glitch, I was having 2 vba and I tried to trade a pokemon from sapphire but then I could not link , only battle work. I herd it work with wireless adaptor in vba 1.8.0, and it work on firered, leafgreen, and emerald.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    this hack is awesome man! lol! can u put it in a real gameboy?

You can put it in a gmeboy advance if you have a flash cart

P.S. Stevenk, just in case you didn't know yet ( and I don't mean to insult your intellegence ) you have been ripped off and should try to get your money back.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • I found a glitch, I was having 2 vba and I tried to trade a pokemon from sapphire but then I could not link , only battle work. I herd it work with wireless adaptor in vba 1.8.0, and it work on firered, leafgreen, and emerald.

Sapphire and Ruby do not have the wireless adaptor function, ie you need to direct link them in order to trade, i don't know how this will effect VBA from trading

Years
  • You can't trade from SG to Ruby or Sapphire because SG is a Fire Red hack. And, in order to trade Fire Red to Ruby and Sapphire, you need to get (ironically) the Ruby and Sapphire to fix the machine in-game, so you can trade.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    You can't trade from SG to Ruby or Sapphire because SG is a Fire Red hack. And, in order to trade Fire Red to Ruby and Sapphire, you need to get (ironically) the Ruby and Sapphire to fix the machine in-game, so you can trade.

Right, but It dosen't really matter because when the game is finished you can catch all the pokemon anyway.

BTW Its cool to see all the people viewing this thread with out any posts yet. It gives the feel that they joined just for this game.:)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2007
    Sorry but you have fallen victim to a pirate. :pirate:

Unfortunately ShinyGold is still in beta and I believe one of the older betas only went up to the lighthouse and no further. It sounds like it was one of the older beta's if you are having trouble progressing on, as Zel ended each beta at a certain point where you cannot progress any further, e.g the current beta ends before the ice path which you cannot enter. So the cartridge it probably of no use now. Sorry.

Thanks for the feedback. I got it and will try to get my money back.

Steven

You can put it in a gmeboy advance if you have a flash cart

P.S. Stevenk, just in case you didn't know yet ( and I don't mean to insult your intellegence ) you have been ripped off and should try to get your money back.

I guess so. How come Zel is not reporting this over the Internet since it's currently widely sold on Ebay? Anyway, I'll try to report this and see if I can get my $$$ back. But the game was really fun though...

Thanks.

Steven

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back