• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Hi everyone! Back from the world of studies and problems with the yucky Windows... >:o
    Don't worry, I still haven't formatted anything... yet...

and sorry if this has been asked before, but when the game is complete, will it be possible to get all 386 pkmn?

That's the idea...

Also I was wondering, if you decide to put Mt.Sliver in (which you likely will), are you going to insert a few more trainers? Because Mt.Silver is supposed to prepare you for the Red battle, expect that there were no trainers(there might of been, i just have a bad memory..), will you add some trainers or a rival encounter, to prepare for Red or whoever?

Mt. Silver still sounds too far for me... And you will be battling lots of times against trainers... You still want more??? :P

That's all, finally I'll start having full days for the hack, like I didn't have in long time. And I'll be able to show up a bit earlier tomorrow then...
    Cowabunga! (what an old expression, man, I'm getting old... XD)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2007
    great game!
    but when i want to play with crystal, it shows me blue.
    and i can't go in the ice cave..
    how do i get to blackthorn city?

jj_olli

It's coming...
    Years
  • Read the first post. it's a beta that ENDS at the ice cave. And what do you mean with crystal it's an Advance gen game not a Metal one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    You can't trade with Ruby and Sapphire because you need to get those Ruby and Sapphire stones and fix the machine, but that little side-quest is unavailable in SG, so trading like that is not possible. You can trade over to a Fire Red, and THEN trade over to a Ruby or Sapphire by doing the quest thing on a FR rom.

Also, can someone PM me explaining how exactly a flashcart works, like how do I get one and how do I put teh game on it?

Pokemon_X

Trainer
    Years
  • Yay!! Zel is back
    the thing with you getting old. do you reffer to you'r 20th birthday (i'm sure it said Age: 19 some time ago)
    i discovered somthing:
    Is Pokemon shiny-gold a real game?
    I saw a video on it at youtube.com search for pokemon shinygold and you'll see what I mean.
    Yes they Sell it on eBay
    so looks like people who want to post vids should make some kind of; this is not an official pokemon game. but don't worry someone replied and said that it's a hack.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    so looks like people who want to post vids should make some kind of; this is not an official pokemon game. but don't worry someone replied and said that it's a hack.

Ya, I saw that too and people seemed like they were answering like they really dind't know what they were talking about. So, I decided to fill them in. :classic:

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2007
    has anyone been able to get this onto a G6 Lite? By the way amazing job zel! great detail!

wingedlucario786

Pokermon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2007
    i love this game so much, i even made a series on youtube for it. It's Pokemon ShinyGold Chronicles, search ShinyGold. I only have 4 episodes so far, but its pretty good

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • has anyone been able to get this onto a G6 Lite? By the way amazing job zel! great detail!

Plasma, there is no need to put that on this thread, there is prolly another thread to put that in.

On topic: for future betas, are you going to have like a 4.5 and then like a 5.5? Also, how far did you say the 4th beta is gonna go? Curse my stupid short term memory....

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Keep this up Zel! Can't wait for Beta Four
    CartmanSmily_Happy.png

Scompi

Wow, zel! The only word I can use to describe this game is "Amazing". I played it and to tell you the truth, I was shocked! I never thought that anyone would be able to re-create most, if not all the events in the G/S/C versions. I've been waiting a long time for a G/S/C remake from Nintendo, but yours is just as good.

Well, good luck with the rest of your project!

Scompi.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • Well Nintendo isn't making a G/S/C remake all Johto pokemon can be found at the end of the gba games, and starters from colloseum.

not all the pokemon can be found, you've gotta trade from xd and colluseum and every game to get all of them, there isn't a game where you can get EVERY johto pokemon

and how do you know nintendo isnt gonna make a remake, they havent said that. G/S/C was there best selling game, so i wouldnt be suprised if they made one in the next couple of years

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    You can't trade from SG to Ruby or Sapphire because SG is a Fire Red hack. And, in order to trade Fire Red to Ruby and Sapphire, you need to get (ironically) the Ruby and Sapphire to fix the machine in-game, so you can trade.

I Know, but I tried it with emerald with wireless apator, And I hope next beta has elite four's map done. :)

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
  • Not really. I don't know you much how can I know what you mean? On topic: Well SGX is really hard I tried to beat my rival 3 times and couldn't. I'll train my Cyndaquil more I guess

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, at least now I can come and say a bit more on what I've been doing, 'cause yesterday things didn't turn out as expected and ended up doing a lot of stuff for my parents... :D (Tomorrow morning will be the same, I hope I can have the rest of the day for me, me!)

i love this game so much, i even made a series on youtube for it. It's Pokemon ShinyGold Chronicles, search ShinyGold. I only have 4 episodes so far, but its pretty good

Yes, I usually take some time to see what kind of vids on Shiny Gold show up... Usually I enjoy them, but... they end up getting repeatitive :P

On topic: for future betas, are you going to have like a 4.5 and then like a 5.5? Also, how far did you say the 4th beta is gonna go? Curse my stupid short term memory....

If I ever find a big bug (or a lot of small bugs) I would release intermediate Betas, but, that's not something I'd like to be doing ('cause I'd prefer having no bugs in my Betas), so I hope the next one would be B4, and it would be so perfect that there won't be need for a 4.5...

OK, now I've been doing all the usual events on SS.Aqua (with the old man, and the girl, and the sailor that blocks... that was funny, jojo...). And, I'm adding the extra events involving Jess & Jamie, the sink and the reach of the Underwater Cave... Still need to do some tests because there are a lot of flags involved in the events... Let's not forget that there are passengers for both rides to Vermillion (first trip and the rest later), and the returns to Olivine... Well, you don't need to worry about that, just trust me! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back