• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

rune the 1st

......................... .....
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2008
    Zel....why are you the poke dude? I just noticed that...and why is the poke dude channel as glitchy as kanto?

Lash

Years
    Zel, I noticed a game affecting glitch. It has probably already been complain about, but when the character is doing the Farfrthch'd part, sometimes it will head into the threes and the player cant get into the tree's, so he/she has to exit the forst than enter it again to try to redo it. But otherwise, the Pre-Beta4 looks awesome.

rune the 1st

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2008
    Wait I thought there was a shiny gyarados.......is there one cause I tried getting it and there was none...
    EDIT:ohh....It was only the sprite....

Salemlv13

Master of the Master Ball
    Years
    Hey so in b3 can you actually catch Latios? or are the islands just for show...? cuz i went and theres a waterfall in the way.

rune the 1st

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2008
    Why is it that every pokemon I see is a male :(
    My espeon never gets to do his attract...
    I got to lugia and got a ruby....

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Answering time! :D

Hey, I'm trying out that preview that I just saw today(I've played beta 3.5), and I'm using my old save file. I cannot enter Ice Cave, but I know that there is no problem with the patch itself, because I entered Kanto. If anyone knows the problem, please tell me, you'll be doing me a great favor.

I think that the warp is generated if you saved and restarted in a map different than the Route44.

hi zel i played the preview of version 4 and i get into blackthorn gym i couldnt get to clair so i used the walkthrough walls cheat to get to her and after she tells me to get the dragon fang i go get it and the clair sprite is already in there i click on her and it freezes
    its blackthorn gym but for sum reason u cant get to clair theres a few bugs in the dragons den also

I don't get what the problems are... As I always say, if you went to Kanto and activated flags (sometimes you activate'em even if you don't know about it), and later I need those flags to do stuff, then it's your problem.
    By the way, why you can't reach Clair? Haven't you threw the boulders in the 2nd Floor?

Zel Silver your rival doesn't have a meganium like he should when you fight him in the basement what is happening? i chose totodile in the beggening

Is this problem still occuring in the Preview? (I think I fixed that... even in the Beta3.5, well, I don't remember)

im not sure you can mew411....you have to start a new game with a new beta....srry

That's the safest bet. Just to remind everyone.

I was checking Kanto too and I noticed that he put New Bark on Pallet... probably to grt you transported to New Bark after beating the League. The question is: where is he going to put Pallet now?

If you saw my maps on Advance Map, then you'd find two maps of New Bark O.o
    I'm just gonna switch Pallet with N.Bark (but right now, I'd need to map Pallet again)

wonder if shell steal the kanto badges and this time shell get away with them and we have to track her down anyways cant wait for b4

I had something like that thought... I don't know if I'll do that, though (Because she starts to do bad stuff to other people as well)

Zel....why are you the poke dude? I just noticed that...and why is the poke dude channel as glitchy as kanto?

Because: I replaced the dude's sprite with my own. And because it uses the tiles I replaced. I don't really have the intention of keeping the TV much longer, anyway.

Zel, I noticed a game affecting glitch. It has probably already been complain about, but when the character is doing the Farfrthch'd part, sometimes it will head into the threes and the player cant get into the tree's, so he/she has to exit the forst than enter it again to try to redo it. But otherwise, the Pre-Beta4 looks awesome.

Once again problems with Farfetch'd?, man...
    But, you will have to be more specific and post a screenshot of where were you talking to Farfetch'd before it went off-screen, because the event is quite complex.

Why is it that every pokemon I see is a male :(
    My espeon never gets to do his attract...
    I got to lugia and got a ruby....

You refer to the trainer's pokemon, right? Because most trainers are male, so their pokemon correspond to them (That's why I always teach attract to a female poke ;))

That's all about answers. About the game, well, I started to script the trips, but there are a lot of trainers to edit (But at least, I could do a little scripting after so much time! Woohoo!) Not much besides that.

That's all... I'm sleepy so I'll get my earned rest. See ya soon!

Amarillo Del Bosque Verde

The not so gentle giant.......
    Years
    Niceness!

Gotta say what great work i think your doin' zel! Love the new tiles and the title screen, kinda sucks that very time you release a new version i have to start again, but ow well, just makes it more fun i guess!

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Hey, this hack is really great! I'm loving it... aahhhh the nostalgia. just started and I'm wondering....

You know when you enter route 46 from route 29 (the beggining of the game) there's this small area where you can battle pokemon.
    Well, anyway in the original you could catch a phanpy there in the morning, but as this remake doesn't have day/night I was wondering if it's still there?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Zel! Awesome! I actually saw this preview a few days ago. But, after playing SG about 3 times, you really don't want to restart. I'm going to wait until the final version comes out before I play it. Still, I'm sure it's great. Argh, I have questions that I know can be answered if I just played the preview... Better not ask them, then :x

rune the 1st

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2008
    I'm going to restart the game and zel great job!
    ...I just noticed I never gave you congrats for anything....well there's the congrats now!
    P.S if your using coronis' sprites why not just use his gym leader sprites...I think he does have them...
    P.S.S you can get the togepi egg before the violet badge and after the violet badge (Equals 2) so I think you should fix that

Last edited:

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    Zel, some events are resetting themself after a while (I think once per day).
    The events that are resetting are:
    - Treecko event
    - Bug catcher (rival 3) in bug park
    - Bug catcher above Mahoggany Town

I think the Bug Catcher resets after each Bug Catching competition.

Years
    Hey zel if there is no time in shinygold is it possible to get espeon and umbreon. If it not you should make an event for that.

Also I kwow it is possible to get golem and machamp and those pokemon that evole by trading but is it possible to get kingdra and slowpoke in shinygold without trading

thanks for the geat hack

MickyD

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Zel! Bud, I just saw the preview to ShinyGold... It is the shizznit! Tiles from Diamond and Pearl, I believe? I just gotta say, this hack is amazing dude! It is very professional, unlike most hacks *cough* Pokemon South Park *cough*

So... anyways, I was wondering if it would be possible for a new rival to appear in the Beta4... Say, a character named Michael? If possible, I'll get a sprite and team ready!

Also, ShinyGold is just, awesome! You very well may be a game designer someday, because this is just amazing!

Years
    +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

@rune the first - You can't just add sprites, you have to replace an old one, so zel may run out of spare sprites, as there aren't 16 gym leaders in FR.

@rockboy - If you give eevee a sun or moon stone it will evolve into espeon/umbreon respectively. I believe you can catch kingdra and i think you mean slowking?

@mickeyD - SG has 6 rivals at the moment and i doubt zel will add any more.
    ------------ - Also, it is fine to compare SG to other hacks, but you don't need to pay out on a certain hack. I am not a fan of Pokemon South Park, but if you hadn't noticed, it is supposed to look strange.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    You know when you enter route 46 from route 29 (the beggining of the game) there's this small area where you can battle pokemon.
    Well, anyway in the original you could catch a phanpy there in the morning, but as this remake doesn't have day/night I was wondering if it's still there?

Yes, Phanpy should be there, and since it was in the original Gold, it would be even easier to find (compared to...)

P.S if your using coronis' sprites why not just use his gym leader sprites...I think he does have them...
    P.S.S you can get the togepi egg before the violet badge and after the violet badge (Equals 2) so I think you should fix that

The deal on OWs is that I don't want to replace stuff till I'm sure an OW is not gonna be needed, as I always say.
    Getting the egg before the badge? But if Elm calls us after coming out of the Gym just for that... And before that, I haven't seen any aid there (perhaps after the Sprout event?, but I don't think so)

Zel, some events are resetting themself after a while (I think once per day).
    The events that are resetting are:
    - Treecko event
    - Bug catcher (rival 3) in bug park
    - Bug catcher above Mahoggany Town

I think the Bug Catcher resets after each Bug Catching competition.

"once per day" sounds funny, considering the fact there is no time on FR... :P
    But... I hope it is not true, because I had a hard time finding the cause of the resetting in the past, and I fixed it before (hopefully), it should be fixed since the B3.5
    Anyway, I don't have the time to confirm on that, and... I'm not caring about that right now...

So... anyways, I was wondering if it would be possible for a new rival to appear in the Beta4... Say, a character named Michael? If possible, I'll get a sprite and team ready!

Also, ShinyGold is just, awesome! You very well may be a game designer someday, because this is just amazing!

Respect other people's work... :)
    No, there will be no fanmade teams on SG, since I have enough rivals already (hmmm... seven last time I counted XD)

Yeah... Becoming a game designer would be like a dream for me... Thanks for the kind words!

OK. A little update about the event of the trip between Vermilion/Olivine, Olivine/Vermilion ready. Now we can travel between regions after reaching Cerulean (and beaten the two Kanto Gyms). In fact, remember that travelling to Johto will be optional (if you want Celebii), but you will have to if you want to proceed East or West of Cerulean (you need to do a little event, for which the goal is not clear, but I left a few clues)

And, I also "chained" the Boat trips with the "Timed Events", which means you'll have to wait for a while till a new trip is available (as long as you don't activate another "Timed Event")

Those are the news right now. I don't think I'll be able to do much 'cause another work is starting to come to me... >:o
    OK, I'll see what's happenning in the forum, before I actually get asleep... :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    The Machoke in the dancing girl theatre was supposed to be a Rhydon in the original version. Unless there's no sprite for Rhydon?
    Even so, Machoke can't learn Surf, so the old man's situation doesn't really make sense.

Also, is my luck just bad, or has anyone else ever gotten something that wasn't Caterpie or Metapod from headbutting trees?

Amarillo Del Bosque Verde

The not so gentle giant.......
    Years
    hey!

that betas good man, keep up the good work!
    I noticed a few problems in the preview though,
    = the mart and pokemon centres borders are the sam as the floor
    = if you leave the blackthorne gym and heal your pokemon at the centre before youve put all the rocks in place they ALL go back upstairs (doing that four times really sucks)

looking forward to the next version!

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2007
    i just fought i would say keep up the good work and i no b4 is gonna be big =] XD

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    I noticed that in the version 3 and 3.5 the bug contest was only on in certain times in the story and if you missed it you can't go back. I was wondering if this was diferent v4 and if it wasn't, it would probably be a good idea to link it to the timed events (berrys, lapras etc) because the bug catching contest was a favourite of mine in the original.

Oh by the way, the V4 preview is great. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back