• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    I can't wait until B4 is released!
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you catch celebi in B4 (not the preview)?

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    I have a question regarding Cinabar island will it look like the FR/LG or will it be the gold version with a poké PC an a big volcano? If it's the vulcano thing perhaps you can give it an entrance to a big cave to catch a legendary

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    Zel, I replayed Beta 3.5 on a clean rom just to be sure,
    And it seems that the Bug Catching Contest is resetting some of the events. It resets both Bug Rival battles and the Treecko event. It also resets the Double Rival scene you see at the Lake of Rage.

Also, will the children of the week (Sunny etc) be added in the next Beta? In the B4 preview you kept the house with their locations.

The Spearow dellivery from the original Gold/Silver games doesn't work. You get the spearow, but the guy who has to recieve it does nothing.

On a side note: After you recieve the Eevee from Bill, the computer will still call it Someone's PC.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 4, 2008
    if you catch the red garydose when its blue in the beta 3.5 will you be able to catch the red one in the beta 4?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2008
    NiDoodin, I found buterfree and exceggute too in trees.
    but I think that's all there is. anyone know where can I get a heracross?
    oh, and Zel, when you headbut certain trees the game freezes.
    they are- the two trees near Union cave's exit, and the two trees behind the officer in the entrance to Goldenrod.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I can't wait until B4 is released!
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you catch celebi in B4 (not the preview)?

Just in case people don't want to know
    Spoiler:

@Kronos1000 this is a gold remake so it will look similar to the one in gold

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    Zel, you recently told us that you would put Phanpy in that early patch of grass, b/c someone else said it was there in Gold, but he was wrong. It was Crystal in which that area had Phanpy, and Phanpy was also a Silver exclusive when it was just Gold & Silver.

Lash

Years
    I noticed something else with the game. I decided to play as the female sprite in the Pre-Release of the Beta4, I went to go Surf so I could go to Cianwood City, and it looked like the sprite from the previous Betas. It showed both Gold and Crystal on the Surfing Pokemon, and it looks like Gold is trying to bang her since she is sitting right on him. I will try to get a screenshot of it. I just felt like imforming you on this, even though this problem is probably already fixed in the B4.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    Found a small bug.
    If you go into the Mahoganny Town shop (where TR hideout is) and press A on the box which hides the stairs, it will freeze the game. This is before you meet Lance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2007
    ok thx ive got it...ure the best ^^ i have a nother question....can u trade pokemons from one game 2 other if u are playing with emulator ?????

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    I think it's physically possible using flash drives, but it's a pain,
    and you don't have to.
    Zel is designing it so that all the 'trade only' evolve pokemon will evolve a different way

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    hey guys, havent been here in a while, but i can see a bunch of progress has been made. Keep it up zel!

Also, i'll be around to answer some of the questions i can answer later.-

Mr. Chess

The sound of one foot clapping
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 30, 2008
    Small glitch here... after losing to trainer ??? (don't know his name... stupid Yawn-Curse-Tackle combo...) I went into Elm's lab for whatever reason, and the second Pokemon had been stolen already. Is this known already?

Also, before anyone says anything, losing to him doesn't mean I suck. It can be hard to take down a Yawn-Curse-Tackle combo with just Tackle and Leer, especially if your pokemon isn't doing much damage to his. I hate that Slowpoke...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Small glitch here... after losing to trainer ??? (don't know his name... stupid Yawn-Curse-Tackle combo...) I went into Elm's lab for whatever reason, and the second Pokemon had been stolen already. Is this known already?

Yeah *cogh* first post *cogh*, in fact, the second Pokeball is stolen when you get yours.

Years
    Thanks archer for answering my question and yeh i ment slowking

But another question, if the bug contest is only aviable twice, is there any bug contest only pokemon like in gold (sycther,pinsir and weedle evo line) and can you get the first prize without the contest otherwise it pretty unfair.

But still the best rom hack i have ever played

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Well, I have been checking all the headbuttable trees (well, maybe I have left some unchecked in Lake of Rage, too many trees XD), and all worked fine (I even got an Aipom). The only freezing happened during Clair's event in Dragon's Den.
    PD: There is a mini of the character in the topmost square in the left in Blackthorn. If you try to talk to him using Gameshark, the game freezes. The game also freezes if you try to talk to the sailor next to the boat in Olivine (the security guy lets you go to the ship instead of stopping you)

Last edited:

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    If you speak to a stone in the Ice Path when it has dropped the game freezes as well

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Let's hope the DB allows me to post by the time I finish this post... :nervous:

The Machoke in the dancing girl theatre was supposed to be a Rhydon in the original version. Unless there's no sprite for Rhydon?
    Even so, Machoke can't learn Surf, so the old man's situation doesn't really make sense.

Also, is my luck just bad, or has anyone else ever gotten something that wasn't Caterpie or Metapod from headbutting trees?

There is no OW sprite for a Rhydon, which means I should do one, and I already said what I thought about OW changing...
    But about the headbutt trees, pokes there are really rare, you just need to keep trying!

that betas good man, keep up the good work!
    I noticed a few problems in the preview though,
    = the mart and pokemon centres borders are the sam as the floor
    = if you leave the blackthorne gym and heal your pokemon at the centre before youve put all the rocks in place they ALL go back upstairs (doing that four times really sucks)

looking forward to the next version!

I don't have problems with the marts and centers sharing the same tile. Nor I do have problems with the rocks getting resetted, because, after all, you should work in the game as much as I worked doing it ;)

I noticed that in the version 3 and 3.5 the bug contest was only on in certain times in the story and if you missed it you can't go back. I was wondering if this was diferent v4 and if it wasn't, it would probably be a good idea to link it to the timed events (berrys, lapras etc) because the bug catching contest was a favourite of mine in the original.

Oh by the way, the V4 preview is great. :D

Yes, the idea is, once you beat the E4 for the 2nd time, to make the Bug Catching Contest a timed event (so you can do it as much as you wish), but till then, it will be allowed after certain events.

I have a question regarding Cinabar island will it look like the FR/LG or will it be the gold version with a poké PC an a big volcano? If it's the vulcano thing perhaps you can give it an entrance to a big cave to catch a legendary

The idea of a volcano sounds good... The tileset would be the problem...

if you catch the red garydose when its blue in the beta 3.5 will you be able to catch the red one in the beta 4?

This answer will disappoint many, I'm sure. But if you activated the flag for the event of the Red-but-blue-now-Gyarados, then you won't be able to capture again later. People... Remember, these are BETAS. Meaning: You shouldn't really play the game so seriously...

Zel, you recently told us that you would put Phanpy in that early patch of grass, b/c someone else said it was there in Gold, but he was wrong. It was Crystal in which that area had Phanpy, and Phanpy was also a Silver exclusive when it was just Gold & Silver.

Ah... My mistake then... Anyway, I put Phanpy there, but if it was only in Silver, then it means it would be a rare poke there (not as much as the Hoenn poke, but close to it)

ok thx ive got it...ure the best ^^ i have a nother question....can u trade pokemons from one game 2 other if u are playing with emulator ?????

From a FR to Shiny Gold and viceversa, yes. But from other games I need to see how to allow that. But as it was said, I don't really like the trading thing... But I will implement it sometime.

If you speak to a stone in the Ice Path when it has dropped the game freezes as well

I said I haven't tested anything after the place where the last Beta ended. So hold that kind of glitches, because I will not fix them yet, and they'll get forgotten.

Other answers include...

Hiro Scout: I said that the surfing sprites are still left to do when I released the preview.

dirk123: You keep posting bugs that I fixed in the latest releases, it makes me doubt if you really play the B3.5, so, why don't you get the Preview and see if that kind of problems still occur. Maybe, it could be that I fixed things in SG but not in SGX (or viceversa). But then, it wouldn't matter, since the Beta4 of both versions will be fine.

silver wind: Same goes for you. We got a confirmation from Went, but then it could be that SG is fine and the other is not (or vicewhatever)

Asch_R2

The Power Within
    Years
    Hey Zel this is the best looking Gold remake out there, can't wait to play the full version of SGX.

Good Luck.

~Shuya

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back