• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    zel said he wont have any rematches in the game because he might run out of trainer slots.

Your right but the trainer spot isuue is concerning some of the trainers from the origanal gold. You will be able to re-battle the elite four after you get the Kanto badges.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • 2. Where can i get all the starters, ive found mudkip, treecko and charmander but where can i find torchic, bulbasaur, squirtle, cindaquil and chicorita???

plz help me.

In the Preview you are able to catch Squirtle also in the wild (if you played the normal version I'd add Squirtle's location, but you'd have to figure out the map where it is), I still haven't added more starters for the next Beta (or at least I haven't found a good hiding spot ;))

Two questions, will you be able to go back in the S.S. Aqua?
    And how did you make the water flow in or doesn't it happen?

The idea is that we will go in the SS.Aqua for the first time to Kanto, but it'll sink. So we must wander around the Sea Cavern, and we'll show up at Vermilion.
    Of course after that, it'll take a time so the new Ship arrives to Vermilion. Once you reach to Celadon (and defeated Surge and Sabrina), you'll receive a call from Elm, informing you that the Ship has arrived. This will allow the future trips on SS.Aqua between Vermilion and Olivine, which by the way, is a must if you want to catch Celebi, and you also need to do it if you want to proceed to the Power Plant (you'll see why)

And, obviously, water did not came into the Ship, as the door acts as an entrance to the Sea Cavern. Meh...

Hmm, are you gonna put a person on the SS Aqua who is offering a Raticate for a Butterfree? =P Another Nod to the anime ^.~

Better save the trades for something better, not? :P

One question that i NEED to know, are you gonna make the unidentifiable GHOSTs catchable? If you are what kind of attacks will they have?

The Ghost as Ghost cannot be catched nor battled nor anything. But you'll need an item (and you must learn to make it work), in order to identify them, and battle and/or catch them.

This is a great hack!! Definetly my favorite. But Ive encountered a problem. Today when I loaded my save file a while after I began playing my name changed from "James" to "Jam"(lol). And when my pokemon gained exp. it said they gained a boosted (insert points here). Has this happened to anyone here or does anyone know why this happened?

Yes, I've heard about a name change happening to some other users. But it never happened to me. So I wouldn't know. How's the rom acting besides that? It could be a rom problem... :\
    And the rest, you know what I could answer...

this might b a stupid question but what game is the male sprite from or did zel make him up?

I did it. But I think it will not be long till it's replaced once again.

Great pix Zel, can't wait for the game to be finished
    Hmm.. Thought of something,will the leauge be harder after some quests you do? (As in FR) or do you think Red is enough?

Of course, as there really is a second wave on FR. All I had to do is modify those lineups (but why didn't they add those extra battles on PET...? -_-)

I'll come back later! Don't forget to check other games before voting on the HotY (I wonder if I'm crazy trying to make people vote for other games? XP)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • Don't forget to check other games before voting on the HotY (I wonder if I'm crazy trying to make people vote for other games? XP)

No you aren't, I'd be saying the same thing if everyone was voting for Prism without playing the other games. :)

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2008
    Originally Posted by jscalalamoboy
    One question that i NEED to know, are you gonna make the unidentifiable GHOSTs catchable? If you are what kind of attacks will they have?

Originally posted by Zel
    The Ghost as Ghost cannot be catched nor battled nor anything. But you'll need an item (and you must learn to make it work), in order to identify them, and battle and/or catch them.

Now that would be boring, you should actually make sprites for them and create them as a pokmeon..

Last edited:

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
  • I really can't wait til this hack gets finished, one of my worst fears is something tragic happening and never getting to play the finished version of this, with that being said, it's probably been said somewhere before...but because im too lazy to read all 100 and something pages...how many legendaries are going to be in this hack?

Lash

Years
  • Hey Zel, are you going to change Red's team to match that of what it is in the Manga?
    I mean, having all three starters certainly is an Ash/Red twist, which is'nt very good in my opinion.
    Charizard, Poliwrath, Pikachu, Gyrados, Snorlax and Aerodactyl would be an awesome team to fight against. And yes, I have noticed the weakness to Electricity.

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
    Years
  • Wiked!

Zel, your hack is great! 1 question though,in which beta will a Johto map instead of the sevii islands?:\ (when i want to fly somewhere, i have to find a certain place;))

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Zel, your hack is great! 1 question though,in which beta will a Johto map instead of the sevii islands?:\ (when i want to fly somewhere, i have to find a certain place;))

In a previous post Zel said that that would be a feature left out of the next beta. :(

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Don't forget to check other games before voting on the HotY (I wonder if I'm crazy trying to make people vote for other games? XP)

XD, At least you're modest, some hack makers, who shall remain nameless ^.~ Are telling people to stop voting for Shiny Gold and actually look at other hacks XD

I ended up voting for CrystalShards, As much as I love SG, Kike-Scott is an awesome hacker and is attempted a Crystal remake on Emerald, one of the hardest roms to hack XD

And: Awww, no Raticate > Butterfree Nostalgia? *tear* XD

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • Well my friend u know what is my opinion of your hack, it is perfect! The screenshots are great!
    Well good luck i will wait in front of my computer for the beta 4 :)

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
    Years
  • Hey Zel, are you going to change Red's team to match that of what it is in the Manga?
    I mean, having all three starters certainly is an Ash/Red twist, which is'nt very good in my opinion.
    Charizard, Poliwrath, Pikachu, Gyrados, Snorlax and Aerodactyl would be an awesome team to fight against. And yes, I have noticed the weakness to Electricity.

thats a good question because if he just uses the same pkmn then its goona be so damn easy to kick red =P
    heres my input for red,s pkmn
    Chaizard thats ok =)
    Blastoice
    Heracross because he did caught one in the tv show a long time a go
    leave pikachu
    haunter because he sord of used it against sabrina :P
    any one of the legendary pkmn would be fine dont matter which one
    =) even mew ot mewtwo =P
    now that to me would be a great challenge so what do u think Zel :P??? LOL =) even at a high level =)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    this is getting to be a famous game and i know theres a post of mine here somewhere anyway keep up the good work zel

Lash

Years
  • thats a good question because if he just uses the same pkmn then its goona be so damn easy to kick red =P
    heres my input for red,s pkmn
    Chaizard thats ok =)
    Blastoice
    Heracross because he did caught one in the tv show a long time a go
    leave pikachu
    haunter because he sord of used it against sabrina :P
    any one of the legendary pkmn would be fine dont matter which one
    =) even mew ot mewtwo =P
    now that to me would be a great challenge so what do u think Zel :P??? LOL =) even at a high level =)

The games are mostly based off of the Manga. The only Anime twist for the games was Pokemon Yellow. Otherwise, all of the other games are mostly based off of the Manga.
    But Red and Ash are different people, Red was never in the Anime. So in other words, that can't be Reds team.
    Seeing as Gold is based off of the Manga, Reds team has to consist of what it is in the Manga, meaning Charizard, Poliwrath, Aerodactyl, Gyrados, Snorlax and Pikachu, if it is Zels decision.

danielson777

Charmandai!!!
    Years
  • The game is lookin great,although in slowpoke well one of the grunts has a misingo that looks like ??,its probadly my rom but i wanted to know if anyone else had seen this too

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2007
    the only thing with red and the anime is ash talking about a t.v. show about red traveling around with his clafary and other pokemon

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    The games are mostly based off of the Manga. The only Anime twist for the games was Pokemon Yellow. Otherwise, all of the other games are mostly based off of the Manga.
    But Red and Ash are different people, Red was never in the Anime. So in other words, that can't be Reds team.
    Seeing as Gold is based off of the Manga, Reds team has to consist of what it is in the Manga, meaning Charizard, Poliwrath, Aerodactyl, Gyrados, Snorlax and Pikachu, if it is Zels decision.

Sorry if this is going off topic but: Uh Other Way around the Manga is based off the games the writers of the manga always wait till after the Games came out.

Oh Good luck with HotY Zel!

Years
  • the only thing with red and the anime is ash talking about a t.v. show about red traveling around with his clafary and other pokemon

why are we arguing about the game and the anime, (Red vs. Ash), when we could be busy complimenting Zel's Shiny Gold version? I mean he would love some questions (although he asked to slow down on them)and some glitch reports...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back