• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
Years
  • The games are mostly based off of the Manga. The only Anime twist for the games was Pokemon Yellow. Otherwise, all of the other games are mostly based off of the Manga.
    But Red and Ash are different people, Red was never in the Anime. So in other words, that can't be Reds team.
    Seeing as Gold is based off of the Manga, Reds team has to consist of what it is in the Manga, meaning Charizard, Poliwrath, Aerodactyl, Gyrados, Snorlax and Pikachu, if it is Zels decision.
    if u say so :P
    ur call Zel ;)

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
  • Im not sure if u know about this (im not taking time to go through thoses 100+ posts) but the rockets is the slowpoke well are glitched. I can walk past the first three rockets without a battle. the first one says random letters (doesn't mess up game.)
    The second one keeps saying different letters but it wont stop talking to her. (have to exit game and reload it.) didnt try third one.

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    Hey Zel are you going to be using the Diamond and pearl spites for the jhoto pokemon

Lash

Years
  • if u say so :P
    ur call Zel ;)

Red did appear once in the Anime, but it did'nt look much like him, that and in the Manga, Red never caught a Clefairy. Plus, it was'nt an entire series.
    If by saying, "if u say so :P" you are implying that you are right and I am wrong, you are truely the wrong one. I have been studying Pokemon games and the Manga, and they mostly match, yet no matches at all to the Anime.
    But like I said, it is Zel's decision.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Now that would be boring, you should actually make sprites for them and create them as a pokmeon..

Agreed. Well now... He should make the silph scope break, then there is a new pokeball you can only get one of. You go into the lavender tower and catch one! It should have same attacks as ghastlys haunters and gengars, and it should also have a COOL effect in battle! Waiting for the next beta (cant wait, oh YA!)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I can't wait for the next beta, unfortunatly on the 3.5 after I got like 4 badges, my save file got deleted, I never started it again, I'm waiting.

Years
  • once in a blue mew, do NOT ask for ROMs here. It's against the PC rules, and I suggest you read over them again, as I've seen your name coming up a few times recently.

dirk, to help draw attention to posts like these, please report them to moderators. Thanks. :)

--FG

Really sorry about that. I feel like a n00b right now...

Also, finally got to play it, I loved it, but... I can't save, how can you fix that? I can save perfectly on the FR Rom, but not on the Shiny Gold. Can someone help?

Lash

Years
  • Really sorry about that. I feel like a n00b right now...

Also, finally got to play it, I loved it, but... I can't save, how can you fix that? I can save perfectly on the FR Rom, but not on the Shiny Gold. Can someone help?

File > Save Game > Choose whichever empty slot of the 10.
    And obviously, to load the game, File > Load Game > Saved Slot

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Go to Options, Emulator, then save type, finally Flash 182K. That should work.

Edit: Beaten.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • No you aren't, I'd be saying the same thing if everyone was voting for Prism without playing the other games. :)

Well, I'll try to make people take a look on the other games also. But, still, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to win! XP

Hey Zel, are you going to change Red's team to match that of what it is in the Manga?
    I mean, having all three starters certainly is an Ash/Red twist, which is'nt very good in my opinion.
    Charizard, Poliwrath, Pikachu, Gyrados, Snorlax and Aerodactyl would be an awesome team to fight against. And yes, I have noticed the weakness to Electricity.

Seems like quite a discussion has appeared over this little topic. As you all know, the normal version of SG attempts to be a more exact remake, speaking about teams lineups. So you can imagine Red's lineup there.
    But what about SGX? Well, I don't think it would change much (or the other way, it would change completely. I'm still not decided, but seeing as we already have Ashlee around... I guess I'll edit Red's team to be a freaking awesome team, with the exception of his Pikachu... What a Fool... :P)

Seeing as Gold is based off of the Manga, Reds team has to consist of what it is in the Manga, meaning Charizard, Poliwrath, Aerodactyl, Gyrados, Snorlax and Pikachu, if it is Zels decision.

Well, I'm getting a little tired on the Snorlaxes around (Red, Ashlee and myself have Snorlaxes, it's getting tiring... XD), but... a Poliwrath and a Gyarados...? Yeah, sure... (Another point in favour of me replacing his whole team... except for the little rat)

The game is lookin great,although in slowpoke well one of the grunts has a misingo that looks like ??,its probadly my rom but i wanted to know if anyone else had seen this too

That usually happens when you patch my game over an already patched rom (sometimes, roms come already patched, without you knowing about it)

Im not sure if u know about this (im not taking time to go through thoses 100+ posts) but the rockets is the slowpoke well are glitched. I can walk past the first three rockets without a battle. the first one says random letters (doesn't mess up game.)
    The second one keeps saying different letters but it wont stop talking to her. (have to exit game and reload it.) didnt try third one.

Bugs of a really old Beta...

Hey Zel are you going to be using the Diamond and pearl spites for the jhoto pokemon

Not really. The idea is that we'll have new sprites made from scratch (not for this Beta, well, there are 3 exceptions...)

Agreed. Well now... He should make the silph scope break, then there is a new pokeball you can only get one of. You go into the lavender tower and catch one! It should have same attacks as ghastlys haunters and gengars, and it should also have a COOL effect in battle! Waiting for the next beta (cant wait, oh YA!)

Why do I think in the term "Fakemon" when I hear about using a Ghost as a Pokemon? Sorry... No Fakemon, only the official stuff here...

That's all for today. I'll check around, and then I'll go to sleep... :tired:

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2010
    How do i envolve my poliwhirl to Politoed? It's holding kings rock and it's lv53 now but nothing happens! pls help
    btw: this hack is great i only registrated because of this hack ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • hey zel with all this talk about the manga characters (mainly red) i thought you should change Blues team to his manga team, which is Venasaur, Scizor, Porygon2, Golduck, Rhydon, Machamp.

and if you really want you should add the forgotten Yellow to shinygold. Her team includes Pickahu (with fly and surf) Ratecate, Dodrio, Omistar, Golem and Butterfree.

I couldnt really imagne battling Yellow as she hates to battle but even if she could be mention. Had this real cool idea about helping her find Red in Silver cave, like in the manga, feel free to use it

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2008
    Why do I think in the term "Fakemon" when I hear about using a Ghost as a Pokemon? Sorry... No Fakemon, only the official stuff here...

That's all for today. I'll check around, and then I'll go to sleep... :tired:

Its called a fake pokemon, yes, but it would be better to make them catchable(which Im sure a lot of fans would appreciate) instead of just putting them in with no purpose at all. Think about it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Seems like quite a discussion has appeared over this little topic. As you all know, the normal version of SG attempts to be a more exact remake, speaking about teams lineups. So you can imagine Red's lineup there.
    But what about SGX? Well, I don't think it would change much (or the other way, it would change completely. I'm still not decided, but seeing as we already have Ashlee around... I guess I'll edit Red's team to be a freaking awesome team, with the exception of his Pikachu... What a Fool... )
    Maybe just make him a Raichu,which is a pretty good Elec Poke'mon (at least for me)

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • yeah i knwo in the other games it was evolved by trading it but zel said we could evolve every poke without trading it but it doesnt work

It DOES work.
    Onix, Kadabra, Machoke, Haunter and some of the other trade-evolve pokemon evolve at Lv40.
    Slowbro with a Water stone (i think), Espeon/Umbreon with Sun/Moon stones etc.

Did you patch it on a clean rom?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • It DOES work.
    Onix, Kadabra, Machoke, Haunter and some of the other trade-evolve pokemon evolve at Lv40.
    Slowbro with a Water stone (i think), Espeon/Umbreon with Sun/Moon stones etc.

Did you patch it on a clean rom?

He's referring to Politoed =P He can't figure out how it evolves, since Water Stone turns it into Poliwrath XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back