• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I never go it.. Maybe a glitch all i have is Cut, Fly, Surf, Rock Smash, Flash, Strength and Waterfall. He didn't give me Whirlpool, he came me the Clampearl (I was wondering where that came from) tho.

The clamperal knows whirlpool.

Years
  • zel in your last lot of screenies, it looks like snorlax ate a pokemon centre and vomited it upon the edge of the screen. lol. will there be a b5 or just a final version?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2007
    Hey guys....I've started playing the game but i can only keep it in the smallest screen if i go any bigger it goes majorly slow also,i found a glitch...

All i had was my quilava and an egg.I went into the gym got into a double battle and i sent out 2 quilava's.Then the next turn they turned into glitched looking Togepi's called EGG and i lost the battle and when i was at the pokemon center i checked my party and all i had was 2 eggs

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    im just gonna wait until final version simply because i don't want to start over again and again anyway keep up the good work
    (i might be able to make sg t shirts if i can i will post the link in a later post)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Zel :D
    I have a question :P
    as you know almost every pokemon game has an ultimate trainer , like in gold it's ash and in ruby it's that steven ( i think xD )
    I think i know ash will be in it :P
    but wil there be other trainer's like that or just one xD????

Well, you could say all the new rivals could be like the ultimate trainers, as they keep improving their lineups with each new battle. In the end (and specially in SGX), they would have pretty high leveled teams, and I'm thinking if it would not be a bad idea to have (some of) them in a Battle Tower. But for that, there's a lot of time ahead.

hey Zel, you said that u will change heroes and some pokemon sprites - great :)..will u also change tiles ? or thos will be in final version ? mayby u can make colors looks more like emerald or firered ? it will be perfect :)
    Your hack is the only reason i am here :) and its only hack that i am playing .. great job

I think there had been some tile changes already. Doing tile changes is not one of my favorite things, though (I'll have Kike-Scott for that kind of help, and for a little fix in my mapping)
    By the way, I'm happy with my current palettes, so there's no change planned in that area.

And... There are a lot of good hacks over here. Everyone should give them a chance ('cause it's fun playing hacked games! ^.^)

will there be a b5 or just a final version?

As I said before, probably there'll be one or two (two most likely) Betas, before the final release, with all the extra events and places that will take place after the defeat of Red.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Zel, I have an idea with Red (maybe SGX).
    I think you should have Red's Pikachu know Surf, to "protect" against ground types.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Zel, I have an idea with Red (maybe SGX).
    I think you should have Red's Pikachu know Surf, to "protect" against ground types.

Technically, Ash's Pikachu knows Surf (he surfed on a SURFboard in the anime XD) But Zel said wait for surprises about the manga/anime or something like that not that long ago XD

martauros

Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever
    Years
  • Zel u r the best of all, but...

for example in Ecruteak when you're going east/west why are u going to trees?
    i mean in FR in saaffron west u r seeinn the path and in ecruteak u r seeing the trees. Why is that?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    I found this odd but when i entered the teamrocket cave where they had slowpoke hostage no one wanted to battle me and then the game crashed a little while later ( in the cave )!? will this happen often or is there something i overlooked in what zel said ?

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • Ok, I have to ask:

I have a ROM of FireRed (a hacked version where Johto and Hoenn Pokemon appear in Kanto) and a save file stored in "386_Fire_Red.sav" via the SAVE option in the game menu. Owing to the fact that Shiny Gold is a hack of FireRed, would it be safe to use the SAVE option in Shiny Gold if the SG-patched FireRed ROM's name is changed---let's say to "Pokemon Shiny Gold"?

No It would not, for two reasons.

1.) the rom is already patched, so it would ruin Shinygold when you patch it

2.) assuming you don't have a patched firered rom, you could use the save file but it would ruin a whole lot of stuff in the game, because of the flags(events) that you have set of in Kanto.

If you really want your old Pokemon in Shinygold, I suggest you just trade them to Shinygold (thats what I'm doing to get my pokemon from old Shinygold betas to new ones) using VBAlink (don't ask me where to get it, just use google). it's much safer and you don't set off any flags in the process.

I can. After beating Red, he'll dissappear. Then, when you beat the E4 again, he returns. I did this several times on Pokémon Crystal, just to fight Red again and again.

Ok thanks I didn't realize that was true. I just waited for him to show up, I guess I could have battle the E4 and not known it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back