• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
You could always insert a new Pokemon that is Gyrados - just recoloured. However, it won' actually be "shiny", and you'd also have to insert a Gold Magikarp for when it's bred.

And good luck with the new script!

I't been found before. You should look at the first post for a list of all the known glitches.

Actually, FRLG were built off RSE from what I've read, and so it isn't that hard to put in secret bases.

But I don't think it's worth it. Just make it so we can put stuff in our room, and that'd be enough.

Your right,it was built off of RSE because

1. It has its items
2. It has a secret base data
3. It has a mix records room

so adding secret bases wont be hard.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Back with more work done, I never thought Kurt's script would be that hard, but I've finished (it was giving me a hard time, though). So, I feel like sharing with you guys. I've splitted it into two parts, since I had to wander around a few minutes so that Kurt builds me the Ball...
(By the way, I've changed my YouTube account...)

Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35bmGby1vI
Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lCy4it-pR4

Now, I'll make my life easier and just hear your ideas... I won't even comment on them (but I'll make a note of them, and see what could I do)

About the post from vivekharin, have you ever tried to "interact" with that invisible wall? (You'll find something interesting!)

OK, now that I think that the fixing is done, added the Headbutt and Berry Trees, and made Kurt's Script, I can finally go back to proceding with the adventure, so Mahogany's next, Wohoo!

And, you should also have a look at the Status Section in my first post, 'couse, since so many things happened, I had to do something about it!

And as a side note, Sticky or not SG's being on the front page for quite a time, since people (or I) keep this thing very alive, jojo!

Last edited:
Years
Gratz Zel!! This game is super uber, and the thing about you not criticising on our ideas, well, that just makes me want to shoot out lots more ideas!

Umm, how about a bank account that gains interest, oh wait, thats what your mom is for, nvm!

Umm have you ever played Chocobo Dungeon? Or pokemon mystery dungeon? well, if you could, you should make a cave, (a seecreett caavve shush) that is a random dungeon all the time, with hard pokemon on each "floor" of the dungeon, and after a LOT of traveling, you get to the end, and you find a pokeball, it could contain a completley random pokemon/item, and that way, it would make you want to do this dungeon over and over, basically, something to do, even if you finish the game, so it wont get boring!

Good luck Zel!

johnny_profitt

Support The Anarchive!
Years
Zel, you've heard this before, but I've got to compliment you on your amazing job. I can't wait for beta3! I'm gonna through this on the psp and see if it works!

Thanks and don't let this die!
Its way to beautiful.. :D

Years
You could always insert a new Pokemon that is Gyrados - just recoloured. However, it won' actually be "shiny", and you'd also have to insert a Gold Magikarp for when it's bred.

Hmm.. But How will he make it have the same pokedex no.?
Oh, why dosent he just change the colour of the shiny gyarados?
And... did the red gyarados have better ststs than other gyarados or is it just me?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
You know, it's like the Red Gyarados is a Pokemon in itself...just like Shadow Lugia in XD. :)

I agree with Razmaster, that Zel doesn't criticise our ideas, or else if he were mean, then we would be driven away, thus this thread would 'disappear'...but it'll never happen - this thread is going strong (too bad it's not sticky though! It's at risk of 'falling behind', and that's not good! :( ), and we guys keep posting here! ;) (Wait! This thread's a poll, so it's bound to stay up, right?)

I like those videos of Kurt's script...however, if only Kurt had greyer hair...oh well! :P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Nope, but I could add it now.

I've finished mapping Mahogany (not scripting, but for the first visit that just takes a few minutes), but there was something else that I wanted to take care of before continuing, I wanted to edit the rematches. Bad thing is, they are not working (I mean, the trainers don't increase their lineups levels, or increase the pokes they have. They just keep having the same old low leveled pokes). I don't know really what could cause this, because I've used the same scripts that the game uses for doing the rematches, and the same trainer slots that they used.
What? Once again I should not trust in Nintendo's scripts. You are joking, right?

I'll keep on researching... I'd like the rematches to work properly...

But I have to remember not to get too obssesed about it...

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Nope, but I could add it now.

I've finished mapping Mahogany (not scripting, but for the first visit that just takes a few minutes), but there was something else that I wanted to take care of before continuing, I wanted to edit the rematches. Bad thing is, they are not working (I mean, the trainers don't increase their lineups levels, or increase the pokes they have. They just keep having the same old low leveled pokes). I don't know really what could cause this, because I've used the same scripts that the game uses for doing the rematches, and the same trainer slots that they used.
What? Once again I should not trust in Nintendo's scripts. You are joking, right?

I'll keep on researching... I'd like the rematches to work properly...

But I have to remember not to get too obssesed about it...
Hm... In R/S/E, the rematches are listed as separate trainers. When I go into PET, I find that the trainers that normally battle you multiple times are listed several times in the list, and each has the same class and name, but different settings for the Pokémon and items. It should be the same with FR/LG, but I don't know... By the way, do you think you might be able to recreate the cell phone? If you need help with the script, you could try studying the phone scripts from Emerald and see if you can make sense of it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
kool this game just seems so awesome hey zel about the puzzles in the ruins of alph will u be able to actually do them yourself or will the game just do it for you again?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2009
Yeah, don't obsess over the rematches.
Something bothers me, though. You said something about problems with the red Gyarados. I don't understabd, can't you just set it to be shiny? The Treecko the girl gives you in the park after you find that secret path is shiny so why can't that Gyarados be? Or it is not supposed to be shiny and I'm really lucky?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
(I think you just lucked out, but shhhh......)

Well, sorry if I don't answer all the posts and the PMs I've been receiving lately. I just had to suddenly start to study, 'cause I found out a very important test was coming next week! Also, I have a practical work for next week as well. All this means that I'm going to be off for at least a week. Grrrr....

Well, I'm going. In the meantime, I entrust you my thread, keep it nice and clean! Till next week!

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2008
bug catching park

i found a hoothoot and pidgey in the park! isn't it meant to just be bugs?????

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
i found a hoothoot and pidgey in the park! isn't it meant to just be bugs?????
Only if you talk to the guy and he says the Bug Contest is on. When you aren't participating in the contest, more common Pokémon appear.
why is the treecko that you get lvl 1 i can't even train it it is to weak it is diein everytime
Ever heard the term "powerlevel"? Put the Treecko up front, then switch it out as soon as the battle starts. It will gain half the experience from the battle. Keep doing that until it's tough enough to fight off Wild Pokémon on its own.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Heh, LOL Crossel! :P No seriously, what is the rate of Shiny Pokemon in Shiny Gold? I hope you reduce so that they won't be extremely rare to find - at least 1/200! :nervous: And Zel continues to work on his hack, no matter what goes against him, whether it be time or difficulties in scripting, and I for one can't script at all! Shiny Gold should win Hack of the Year award, but isn;t it too late for 2006? But there's always 2007! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back